Honda Civic Type R 8G 9G 10G, CRZ, CRV LED Footwell Lighting Kits - Page 241 - Civinfo
 70Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #4801 of 4825 (permalink) Old 10th February 2019, 09:02 Thread Starter
Living the dream!
** Thread starter **

Thanked 1,197 Times in 1,016 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by ken218 View Post
Got the kit installed today, at first I thought 100% was about right, until I went for a drive this evening and decided to settle for 50%, and glad I went for the remote dimming set.

Two things though - 1, to get the light through to the passenger side, following the instruction, I only able to very vaguely see light shining through the gap. I will suggest get the light and wire as straight as possible, then feed it as far as you can. After that, stick your finger into the gap of the glove compartment. You should be able to feel the wire (or push it out of reach), and can try to pull it out. Took me 3 attempts to get it.

2, I managed to blow both my low beam bulbs. I think it is likely to be related to fitting the kit. Not sure why... but my guess is that because my light is set to turn on whenever the door is open/closed, and stay on for a bit. The kit might have been connected while the light is on, and the surge killed both bulbs. but then again, I am not professional, so I really cant say thats what happened. Gonna have fun replacing them tomorrow. Also - why didn't it take the fuses instead?? I visually checked 1 fuse and 1 bulb, fuse was fine and bulb was a goner

No idea why the low beams bulbs blew as that is impossible other than they was ready and bad luck as anything wrong would blow the fuse
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4802 of 4825 (permalink) Old 10th February 2019, 14:09
Supporter

Car: 2015 1.6 i-DTEC, White
But now I have an excuse to upgrade the bulb. so win-win
post #4803 of 4825 (permalink) Old 15th March 2019, 12:24

Hi, I am interested in the blue kit with dimming for my 10g sport +

Is there any chance you can send me the guide to install so I can judge how easy it is? Or do you have a YouTube video? Thanks!

post #4804 of 4825 (permalink) Old 15th March 2019, 17:06
Civinfo Hobbyist Trader

Car: 2009 Championship White FN2
Thanked 1,521 Times in 1,101 Posts
Eco display
Quote:
Originally Posted by KhabibSmesh View Post
Hi, I am interested in the blue kit with dimming for my 10g sport +

Is there any chance you can send me the guide to install so I can judge how easy it is? Or do you have a YouTube video? Thanks!
Hi,

We don't send the instructions out without a kit as Rick has had copycat sellers in the past using his instructions.

On the 10G it is really easy, you feed and fit the kit into place in both front footwells then it uses the plug connector on the interior fuse box for power and a loop connector to a metal contact for negative.
post #4805 of 4825 (permalink) Old 21st March 2019, 00:41

Eco display
Garage
Hi Loxy,

Can you send me a PM with details for a set of the remote dimmer 9 LED kit with the plug & play kit for a 9G please.

Many thanks
post #4806 of 4825 (permalink) Old 21st March 2019, 06:03
Civinfo Hobbyist Trader

Eco display
Quote:
Originally Posted by kkwl90 View Post
Hi Loxy,

Can you send me a PM with details for a set of the remote dimmer 9 LED kit with the plug & play kit for a 9G please.

Many thanks
PM sent!
post #4807 of 4825 (permalink) Old 21st March 2019, 14:11

Eco display
Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by Loxy View Post
PM sent!

Payment sent
Loxy likes this.
post #4808 of 4825 (permalink) Old 23rd March 2019, 23:12
Supporter

Hello

If i order 2 foot well kits would that be 4 x led strips?
post #4809 of 4825 (permalink) Old 24th March 2019, 07:26

Hi all

I already have a blue set I bought from you a few years back and all leds work still which shows your top quality! Just wanted to know if I bought another set would you be able to lengthen the cable to reach the rear foot wells?my current ones run from the glove box so would the second set run from same location with same fitting as fronts? (Fitting done as described by your instructions)

Would be great to know if you have some for the rear foot wells for my 8g civic ctdi
post #4810 of 4825 (permalink) Old 25th March 2019, 14:40
Civinfo Hobbyist Trader

Eco display
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hugoboss84 View Post
Hi all

I already have a blue set I bought from you a few years back and all leds work still which shows your top quality! Just wanted to know if I bought another set would you be able to lengthen the cable to reach the rear foot wells?my current ones run from the glove box so would the second set run from same location with same fitting as fronts? (Fitting done as described by your instructions)

Would be great to know if you have some for the rear foot wells for my 8g civic ctdi
I'll check if Rick has them in stock but usually if you specify they are for the rears, they can be supplied with longer cables..
post #4811 of 4825 (permalink) Old 25th March 2019, 20:10
Civinfo Hobbyist Trader

Eco display
Quote:
Originally Posted by Loxy View Post
I'll check if Rick has them in stock but usually if you specify they are for the rears, they can be supplied with longer cables..
Will supply a standard kit with rear instructions but you will have to extend the positive wire yourself. Negative can be mounted at the rear anyway.
post #4812 of 4825 (permalink) Old 15th April 2019, 00:00
Supporter

Hey im after 2 sets of red Led’s but can i clarify that 1 kit = 2 led strips so in total i require 4 led strips.

Cheers
post #4813 of 4825 (permalink) Old 15th April 2019, 18:26
Civinfo Hobbyist Trader

Eco display
Quote:
Originally Posted by Stezwin View Post
Hey im after 2 sets of red Ledís but can i clarify that 1 kit = 2 led strips so in total i require 4 led strips.

Cheers
Each kit comes with two strips, one left and one right, so if you want to do front and rear you need two kits.

If you want to proceed, please drop me a PM for payment details.
post #4814 of 4825 (permalink) Old 15th April 2019, 18:34
Supporter

Cheers for the reply. Is it £26 for what im after front and rear?

Ta
post #4815 of 4825 (permalink) Old 15th April 2019, 19:13
Earth Dreams :)

Car: 2017 CTR GT
Garage
Loxy,
Been talking with Rick and I need 1 x dimmer kit and 1 x standard kit (& x2 special free 9 led strips) for my CRZ
Can you please advise me of the how much and how to pay...

Thank you
post #4816 of 4825 (permalink) Old 15th April 2019, 22:39
Civinfo Hobbyist Trader

Eco display
Apologies, despite having notifications set to instant, I am not getting any notifications through from subscribed threads.
post #4817 of 4825 (permalink) Old 15th April 2019, 22:46
Civinfo Hobbyist Trader

Eco display
Latest attempt at prices, hopefully no typos!

I've been in touch with RickHondaR and arranged to start selling his LED Footwell Lighting Kits on the forum again.

Rick can do these kits for the following models:
EP3, DC5, CRZ, FN2, FD2 and all FN/FK 8th gen Civics, all 9th gen Civics
2009-2014 Jazz 2nd Gen GE8, 2006-2018 CR-V MK3 & MK4

We are able to offer them for a discounted price on the forum (less than Rick's eBay listings).

£17.50 including postage for the standard 9 LED kit
£27.00 including postage for the remote dimmer 9 LED kit
£33.00 including postage for the remote multi-colour 9 LED kit

Rick also now does a Plug & Play kit for 8G/9G/10G Civics and 2012+ CRV!
For an extra £10 (over the base price), Rick can now offer these kits with a full Plug & Play with the OEM option connector for 8th Gen, 9th Gen Civic, 10th Gen Civic and 2012+ CRV, as sold separately in this thread.

So with the Option Connector prices are:

£27.50 including postage for the standard 9 LED kit
£37.00 including postage for the remote dimmer 9 LED kit
£43.00 including postage for the remote multi-colour 9 LED kit

Please note, that 10G Civics are only available with the option connector.

Also Fiesta MK6, Fiesta MK7, Fiat 500, Corsa C, Corsa D.

Alright, those last few aren't Hondas, but feel free to spread the word and order them on your mate's behalf.

If you are interested in a set, then please send post in the thread and move to PM (to me Loxy) for payment details.
PayPal is to [email protected]
I can also accept bank transfer, please PM me (Loxy) for details.

Make sure you send it as Paypal gift, and in the notes mark down your address, which car and which colour so that I can get the info to Rick as quickly as possible. Rick will be dealing with any post sales technical issues but please feel free to contact me for anything to do with delivery/payment etc.

Quick recap:

£17.50 including postage for the standard 9 LED kit
£27.00 including postage for the remote dimmer 9 LED kit
£33.00 including postage for the remote multi-colour 9 LED kit

+£10 for the 8G/9G/CRV full Plug & Play kit.
Include address and car/colour in the Paypal payment. Buyer covers Paypal fee (if any).

Quote:
Originally Posted by RickHondaR
Honda Civic EP3,
FN2, FD2, FK2, FK8 Type
R
Jazz, CRV, CRZ, Integra DC5
LED Footwell Ambient Lighting Kit

This Product Comes Complete With

1 Year Guarantee

100% Money Back Satisfaction Guarantee

This kit is manufactured to my specifications in the same factory as the LED and my fitting instructions are specifically written for the vehicles advertised below and not a useless universal guide that tells you how to connect the LED to a battery or cigarette lighter. With my instructions you get a full detailed step by step guide like a Haynes manual on how to fit and wire this into your car so no wires will be on show and thatthe finished product will look very professional.

Now with OEM Plug & Play Manufacturers wiring harness plug option.

Very easy to fit with only two wires to connect and takes no more than 10-15 minutes using basic tools.

If you select the dimmer option you will get the latest specification kit with the latest LED chip design that is around 300% brighter than the kit in the pictures while maintaining an approximate 20% power increase so this will not overload your existing car electrical circuit or cause a fire hazard. On top of this the kit then comes with a built in remote control dimmer unit that allows you to set the exact brightness that you like or use one of the pre-set levels like 100%, 50%, 25% etc, the dimmer also has a smart memory so will remember your last setting when returning to your car.

HONDA CRZ;

I provide instructions on where to wire this kit so this will illuminate at the same time as your interior light above the rear view mirror for example;

1. You open / close your doors
2. When you lock and unlock your car

Please note the LEDs will not illuminate if you turn the interior light on with the switch on the light.

CRV 2006 - 2017;

I provide instructions on where to wire this kit so this will illuminate with your dash etc when your side / headlights are on.

If you have your headlights set to welcome mode this will also illuminate when dark as you unlock and lock your car.

You can also use these LEDs to replace the OEM Honda LED if you want your Honda kit brighter (if fitted).

These LEDs are approx 100% brighter than the OEM Honda LED.

Jazz 2nd Gen / EP Civic 2001-2005 / Integra DC5 / FD2

I provide instructions on where to wire this kit so this will illuminate at the same time as your interior light for example;

1.You open / close your doors
2.When you lock and unlock your car

Please note the LEDs will not illuminate if you turn the interior light on with the switch on the light.

FN / FK Civic 2006 - 2011;

I provide instructions on where to wire this kit so this will illuminate with your dash etc when your side / headlights are on.

I also provide a link to a website how to guide installation instructions so the LEDs illuminate at the same time as your interior light for example;

(Not available on OEM Plug & Play option)

1.You open / close your doors
2.When you lock and unlock your car

Please note the LEDs will not illuminate if you turn the interior light on with the switch on the light and this is harder to install due to the 2 wires you have to connect being harder to get at under the dash, having said that some people find this hard while others find it easy.

You can also use these LEDs to replace the OEM Honda LED if you want your Honda kit brighter (if fitted).

Civic 9G 2011 - 2016 / FK2 Type R;

If you have your headlights set to welcome mode this will also illuminate when dark as you unlock and lock your car.

Civic 10G 2017 Onwards Including FK8 Type R

OEM Plug & Play Option

Non OEM Plug & Play Option

I provide instructions on where to wire this kit so this will illuminate with your ignition is on etc.

Please note my kit is a hard wired "plug n bolt" installation so no wires are cut or spliced and comes complete with an individual fuse carrier, this is the best solution for professional OEM style installation.

Please note; LHD models will be the same with my instructions but a little common sense will be required.

This kit consists of following items;

2 x Flexible strips of 9 RED, BLUE or Xenon White miniature ultra bright LEDs that will provide an even amount of lighting complete with self adhesive 3m backing, I don't supply more LEDs as the strip would then be to long to stick in the footwell and maybe to bright which could draw unwanted attention.

Built in dimmer unit with credit card size remote control (If you have choose YES for the dimmer option).

2 x power connection terminals or scotch locks so no wires are cut, If you choose the OEM Plug & Play option I supply the original manufacturers wiring harness plug so this can be simply plugged into the internal fuse box.

Simple step by step instructions on how to install your ambient footwell lights with colour pictures.

Telephone number for technical support if you have any problems fitting this product.

Why buy this kit from me;

1. This kit is ready to fit and comes complete with simple step by step fitting instructions which are specifically written for the model vehicle advertised.
You usually find other products come complete with generic universal instructions and you are expected to have the knowledge on where and how to wire this to your vehicle. I am also a fully qualified time served 17th edition JIB approved electrician which enables me to give you good advice with support and help with my product if required.
2. 1 year guarantee and a 100% money back satisfaction guarantee (see my terms and conditions).
3. Reputation and service, I aim to provide the service that I would expect if I was the buyer.
4. UK seller so quick dispatch (next working day).
5. Communication, if you call me for help etc and for some reason I don't answer my phone and you leave a message I WILL ALWAYS RETURN YOUR CALL.
6. Most important of all QUALITY, the LED I sell is high quality LED in copper thread not alloy thread and is applied on a double sided printed circuit board tape not single sided like the cheaper stuff. The footwell lighting kit is also made to my specifications in the same factory as the LED tape so again quality is very good.

Standard 9 LED kit £17.50

Remote dimmer 9 LED kit £27
complete with various functions like On / Off, auto fading / strobe programs, pre-set brightness levels like 100, 80%, 60%, 40%, 20%, 10%
and of course variable dimming to your exact requirements and will remember the last setting you have selected when you return to your car.

Remote Multi-Colour 9 LED kit £33
complete with built in dimmer for a fixed colour LED as well as allowing you to select either red, blue, green, cyan, pink,yellow or white or even use a
auto colour change function. there is a total of 20 different colours, 22 modes, 5 brightness levels or 10 different speed grades
and will remember the
last setting you have selected when you return to your car.

All payments paypal friends & family

UK postage only if you want to buy overseas please ask for prices!

Civic Type R (FK2)

Civic Type R (FN2)

Civic 9G

CRZ

EP3

EP3 Video

CR-V

Jazz 2nd Gen

Last edited by Loxy; 15th April 2019 at 23:15.
post #4818 of 4825 (permalink) Old 15th April 2019, 23:06
Civinfo Hobbyist Trader

Eco display
Quote:
Originally Posted by Stezwin View Post
Cheers for the reply. Is it £26 for what im after front and rear?

Ta
That is two standard kits, and I'm guessing without the option connector.

They are normally £17.50 each, but as you are buying two I can do two kits for £31 delivered to the UK.
post #4819 of 4825 (permalink) Old 15th April 2019, 23:10
Civinfo Hobbyist Trader

Eco display
Quote:
Originally Posted by Higgo8 View Post
Loxy,
Been talking with Rick and I need 1 x dimmer kit and 1 x standard kit (& x2 special free 9 led strips) for my CRZ
Can you please advise me of the how much and how to pay...

Thank you
For the CRZ without the option connector, £27 for the remote dimmer kit and £17.50 for the standard kit so £45.50 for the two. I'll take your word for it on the special free ones, I'll check with Rick when the order comes through.

Payment details will be sent via PM in order to keep within the forum rules if you are happy to proceed?

Thanks!
post #4820 of 4825 (permalink) Old 16th April 2019, 00:20
Banned

Car: 2008 2.2 NHB Type S GT
Would like the plug and play remote multi-colour 9 LED kit.

Once connected when do the lights turn on and off? Also, where are the buttons located for the dimmer and to change colour?

Cheers.

Civinfo > All Civics > For sale and Wanted > Civinfo 'Hobbyist' traders

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Civinfo forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
Your User Name is the name that appears by all your posts on the forum, and so should not be your email address.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page

LinkBacks (?)
LinkBack to this Thread: https://www.civinfo.com/forum/civinfo-hobbyist-traders/17986-honda-civic-type-r-8g-9g-10g-crz-crv-led-footwell-lighting-kits.html
Posted By For Type Date
Civic Type-R Owners Club & Forum • View topic - Well Light Switches / Heated Seats This thread Refback 5th February 2014 15:04
T180 Ambient Footwell Lighting - Page 3 - Auris Club - Toyota Owners Club - Toyota Forum This thread Refback 5th August 2013 17:25
CivicType-R.co.za • View topic - honda footwell lights This thread Refback 12th February 2013 12:32
Footwell lights - Page 2 - DC5 Type R Chat - Integra Type R Owner's Website This thread Refback 29th January 2013 11:43
CivicType-R.co.za • View topic - type r dash polish This thread Refback 29th June 2012 06:48
Honda Civic Blue Footwell Lights - YouTube This thread Refback 7th June 2012 16:55
T180 Ambient Footwell Lighting - Toyota Owners Club - Toyota Forum - Page 2 This thread Refback 21st April 2012 13:09
Civic Type-R Owners Club & Forum • View topic - Footwell Ambient Lighting Kit This thread Refback 19th February 2012 21:20
Untitled document This thread Refback 20th January 2012 08:17
Footwell lights - Integra Type R Owner's Website - Page 2 This thread Refback 6th December 2011 23:12
Hondaclub-belgium.be • Toon onderwerp - Godts honda civic fn1 This thread Refback 20th July 2011 14:31
???????????? ????????? ? ????? - Honda Civic Club This thread Refback 11th May 2011 19:34
Tuned-Belgium - TB - Toon onderwerp - Senna's crz This thread Refback 15th January 2011 18:48
Modre podsviceni nohou - jak se aktivuje? | Honda CIVIC 8. generace This thread Refback 28th December 2010 07:11
Untitled document This thread Refback 13th December 2010 19:38
www.clubhondacivic.com - Ver Tema - [VENDO] Kit luces ambiente (LED AZULES) REPLICA HONDA This thread Refback 27th October 2010 10:04
- 5 - Honda Civic Club This thread Refback 16th September 2010 12:25
Untitled document This thread Refback 7th June 2010 10:07
Untitled document This thread Refback 4th June 2010 12:32
Untitled document This thread Refback 4th June 2010 11:31
Untitled document This thread Refback 12th May 2010 00:49
Untitled document This thread Refback 11th May 2010 15:09
illuminazione rossa This thread Refback 11th January 2010 21:28
Untitled document This thread Refback 17th November 2009 09:37
Interior Footwell Lighting This thread Refback 11th November 2009 23:36
Ambient footwell lighting - Mercedes Benz SLK World Forum This thread Pingback 10th November 2009 21:42
Best LED Bulbs - Page 3 - Mercedes Benz SLK World Forum This thread Pingback 1st October 2009 09:09
Untitled document This thread Refback 2nd April 2009 09:52
ASTRA 06- Ambient LED Footwell Lighting Kit - Page 2 - Astra Owners Network Forum | MK1 - MK6 | VXR | T8 | T9 | Zafira | Astra Van This thread Refback 15th February 2009 13:39
illuminazione rossa - Pagina 2 - HONDA CIVIC TEAM This thread Refback 1st February 2009 19:31
Untitled document This thread Refback 30th January 2009 06:49
T180 Ambient Footwell Lighting - Toyota Owners Club - Toyota Forum This thread Refback 24th January 2009 18:06
ASTRA 06- Ambient LED Footwell Lighting Kit - Page 2 - Astra Owners Network Forum | MK1 - MK5 | VXR | T8 | T9 | Zafira | Astra Van This thread Refback 26th November 2008 16:17
Footwell lighting - Page 2 - HondaTech Australia Forums This thread Refback 26th November 2008 00:09
Untitled document This thread Refback 9th October 2008 11:57
Footwell lighting - HondaTech Australia Forums This thread Refback 8th October 2008 12:48