Electrics type-s gt-t center console power fuse - Civinfo

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 2 (permalink) Old 22nd August 2013, 15:14 Thread Starter

type-s gt-t center console power fuse

Hi,

Can anyone please advise on my issue?

My power socket usb adapter fell apart while in the socket and it seems to have shorted out the socket (the one in the arm rest). The cigarette lighter socket also seemed to stop working at this point.

I only have a 5 door version of the handbook so I am not sure if there is difference between that and my type-s gt-t (the one with built in touchscreen satnav/double din stereo)

I checked the fuses in the interior fuse box and one had blown (29 accessory according to my 5 door handbook)

I replaced it and the cigarette lighter is now working but not the armrest power socket. The only other fuse that might be the arm rest power socket fuse it 35 (accessory and radio) and this fuse is ok, the radio is working. I can confirm taking that fuse out stop the radio working.

Can anyone confirm that the accessory socket in the arm rest shares a fuse with the radio?

I have taken the centre console apart and the cables are all ok, the socket looks fine. I tested the cable connector for the socket and there is no power getting to the socket, so an issue with the socket itself is not the case.

Any advise would be appreciated. I am wondering if something is different as this is a gt-t model, maybe the power is coming from the headunit in someway?

Thanks very much.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 2 (permalink) Old 22nd August 2013, 15:44
Administrator

Thanked 1,708 Times in 1,431 Posts
I'm not sure of the exact fuse but the radio will definitely not share any accessory socket fuse.

The radio fuse is 7.5amp and all accessory sockets are considerably more.

Look at the one you found that had blown and interrogate all the others of the same colour and therefore power rating.

If you have access to a multimeter you can do this without removing the fuses (which is better because you won't disconnect anything that should be permanently live)

Civinfo > 8th Generation Euro Honda Civic (2006 - 2011) > Electronics (8G)

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Civinfo forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
Your User Name is the name that appears by all your posts on the forum, and so should not be your email address.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page