Other Flip Key - Civinfo
Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 165 (permalink) Old 14th October 2013, 18:16 Thread Starter
Veedub
 
Nitehawk's Avatar
 
Car: 2065 White Orchid SR
Join Date: 2nd March 2007
Location: East Anglia WALES
Posts: 465
Thanks: 318
Thanked 52 Times in 37 Posts
iTrader: (5)
Garage
Flip Key

Hi
My partner wants to convert to a flip key for her 2009 ES. Is there anybody on here that still does this. Thanks in advance
Nitehawk is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
post #2 of 165 (permalink) Old 14th October 2013, 18:35
No Smoke no poke
 
wardy2602's Avatar
 
Car: 2010 Polished metal Type-S
Join Date: 29th November 2009
Location: stoke-on-trent, uk ENGLAND
Posts: 3,589
Thanks: 699
Thanked 870 Times in 733 Posts
iTrader: (46)
Have you already bought a flip key or need one ?

Sent from my Nexus 10 using Tapatalk 2
wardy2602 is offline  
post #3 of 165 (permalink) Old 14th October 2013, 18:38
No Smoke no poke
 
wardy2602's Avatar
 
Car: 2010 Polished metal Type-S
Join Date: 29th November 2009
Location: stoke-on-trent, uk ENGLAND
Posts: 3,589
Thanks: 699
Thanked 870 Times in 733 Posts
iTrader: (46)
uploadfromtaptalk1381768647478.jpg

uploadfromtaptalk1381768697352.jpg

Attached a few pic's of the one I did for my civic 2010 plate

Sent from my Nexus 10 using Tapatalk 2
wardy2602 is offline  
 
post #4 of 165 (permalink) Old 14th October 2013, 18:50
Supporter
 
GazBills's Avatar
 
Car: 2008 2.2 5 door, NHB
Join Date: 11th July 2012
Location: Telford, UK GB
Posts: 2,786
Thanks: 144
Thanked 343 Times in 324 Posts
iTrader: (26)
Who did the transponder transplant for you Wardy? Need to get mine done. My soldering iron to higher wattage to do this...
GazBills is offline  
post #5 of 165 (permalink) Old 14th October 2013, 19:16
No Smoke no poke
 
wardy2602's Avatar
 
Car: 2010 Polished metal Type-S
Join Date: 29th November 2009
Location: stoke-on-trent, uk ENGLAND
Posts: 3,589
Thanks: 699
Thanked 870 Times in 733 Posts
iTrader: (46)
I did it mate
Quite handy with the old soldering iron

Sent from my Nexus 10 using Tapatalk 2
wardy2602 is offline  
post #6 of 165 (permalink) Old 14th October 2013, 19:47
Civinfo Hobbyist Trader
 
x5252x's Avatar
 
Car: 2010 CTS GT
Join Date: 8th May 2013
Location: Cambridge, UK GB
Posts: 1,777
Thanks: 356
Thanked 410 Times in 330 Posts
iTrader: (22)
Quote:
Originally Posted by wardy2602 View Post
Attachment 95205

Attachment 95206

Attached a few pic's of the one I did for my civic 2010 plate

Sent from my Nexus 10 using Tapatalk 2
What colour is your key? And what about the quality?

I ordered what I think is the exact same one, there appeared to be two versions when I looked, one that is some sort of brown metal, and another that is grey, decided to go for the grey version myself. Just waiting for it to arrive.
x5252x is offline  
post #7 of 165 (permalink) Old 14th October 2013, 20:01
No Smoke no poke
 
wardy2602's Avatar
 
Car: 2010 Polished metal Type-S
Join Date: 29th November 2009
Location: stoke-on-trent, uk ENGLAND
Posts: 3,589
Thanks: 699
Thanked 870 Times in 733 Posts
iTrader: (46)
Mine is looks like brush black metal
The quality is brilliant I done quite a few and used different ones of the years done two now with this key
I had a CRV before the civic and I changed the key within a month of owing it
Four years later it was still working perfect, the only thing I will say is the front facial is stuck on so change your battery before you do it
Its well worth doing been dead chuffed with mine
Any probs give us a shout, I'm on here most nights looking for my next project lol

Sent from my Nexus 10 using Tapatalk 2
wardy2602 is offline  
post #8 of 165 (permalink) Old 14th October 2013, 20:21 Thread Starter
Veedub
** Thread starter **
 
Nitehawk's Avatar
 
Car: 2065 White Orchid SR
Join Date: 2nd March 2007
Location: East Anglia WALES
Posts: 465
Thanks: 318
Thanked 52 Times in 37 Posts
iTrader: (5)
Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by wardy2602 View Post
Have you already bought a flip key or need one ?

Sent from my Nexus 10 using Tapatalk 2
Hi I need the flip key and the gubbings inside replaced
Nitehawk is offline  
post #9 of 165 (permalink) Old 14th October 2013, 20:29
Civinfo Hobbyist Trader
 
x5252x's Avatar
 
Car: 2010 CTS GT
Join Date: 8th May 2013
Location: Cambridge, UK GB
Posts: 1,777
Thanks: 356
Thanked 410 Times in 330 Posts
iTrader: (22)
Quote:
Originally Posted by wardy2602 View Post
Mine is looks like brush black metal
The quality is brilliant I done quite a few and used different ones of the years done two now with this key
I had a CRV before the civic and I changed the key within a month of owing it
Four years later it was still working perfect, the only thing I will say is the front facial is stuck on so change your battery before you do it
Its well worth doing been dead chuffed with mine
Any probs give us a shout, I'm on here most nights looking for my next project lol

Sent from my Nexus 10 using Tapatalk 2
It wasn't my first choice of key, but it's certainly growing on me. Hopefully it will be as good in the flesh as you say. My main reason for choosing it was the buttons. Somehow the previous owner managed to rub the print off the original key buttons in less than three years...

When you say the front is stuck on, I'm not sure what you mean? It seems from the pictures you can slide the rear cover off, then change the battery if you need to?

I'm hoping it will go okay, I'm no stranger to soldering but removing components always seems to be tricky. Hoping a 30w soldering iron will be okay as that is all I have.

Did you have any problems getting it cut? I think the only place around here is a Timpson.
x5252x is offline  
post #10 of 165 (permalink) Old 14th October 2013, 20:49
No Smoke no poke
 
wardy2602's Avatar
 
Car: 2010 Polished metal Type-S
Join Date: 29th November 2009
Location: stoke-on-trent, uk ENGLAND
Posts: 3,589
Thanks: 699
Thanked 870 Times in 733 Posts
iTrader: (46)
Mmmmm
The one I have unscrew's from the buttons side to get the transponder into it, then to cover the screws and to give the illusion that the key has no fixings the metal front around the buttons is stuck to the key using the supplied adhesive 3M material
As for cutting I stubbled on a place up the road turns out he cuts key for all the big garages in this area using a laser cutter, the keys he city's are perfect and he only charges a tenner, I got charged that at timpsons and he made a right pigs ear of it the first time I had one cut, I had to file a load off myself to get it to work.

Sent from my Nexus 10 using Tapatalk 2
wardy2602 is offline  
post #11 of 165 (permalink) Old 14th October 2013, 20:58
No Smoke no poke
 
wardy2602's Avatar
 
Car: 2010 Polished metal Type-S
Join Date: 29th November 2009
Location: stoke-on-trent, uk ENGLAND
Posts: 3,589
Thanks: 699
Thanked 870 Times in 733 Posts
iTrader: (46)
I can get the key cut for you and move the transponder if you want
I've got a key you could buy off me if you like the look of it, there is nothing wrong with it, its brand new.
As the story goes the one I'm selling I bought first but is different to the one I had before as I fancied a change having just bought a new car and all that, but after four weeks I gave up waiting and bought another one from the same guy I used before and from Hong Kong it arrived in four day not four weeks.
Then blow me the one I bought first turned up only took six weeks lol

Sent from my Nexus 10 using Tapatalk 2
wardy2602 is offline  
Thanks to wardy2602 from:
post #12 of 165 (permalink) Old 14th October 2013, 21:09
No Smoke no poke
 
wardy2602's Avatar
 
Car: 2010 Polished metal Type-S
Join Date: 29th November 2009
Location: stoke-on-trent, uk ENGLAND
Posts: 3,589
Thanks: 699
Thanked 870 Times in 733 Posts
iTrader: (46)
wardy2602 is offline  
post #13 of 165 (permalink) Old 14th October 2013, 22:02 Thread Starter
Veedub
** Thread starter **
 
Nitehawk's Avatar
 
Car: 2065 White Orchid SR
Join Date: 2nd March 2007
Location: East Anglia WALES
Posts: 465
Thanks: 318
Thanked 52 Times in 37 Posts
iTrader: (5)
Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by wardy2602 View Post
I can get the key cut for you and move the transponder if you want
I've got a key you could buy off me if you like the look of it, there is nothing wrong with it, its brand new.
As the story goes the one I'm selling I bought first but is different to the one I had before as I fancied a change having just bought a new car and all that, but after four weeks I gave up waiting and bought another one from the same guy I used before and from Hong Kong it arrived in four day not four weeks.
Then blow me the one I bought first turned up only took six weeks lol

Sent from my Nexus 10 using Tapatalk 2
Give me a cost or pm me please
Nitehawk is offline  
post #14 of 165 (permalink) Old 14th October 2013, 22:08
Civinfo Hobbyist Trader
 
x5252x's Avatar
 
Car: 2010 CTS GT
Join Date: 8th May 2013
Location: Cambridge, UK GB
Posts: 1,777
Thanks: 356
Thanked 410 Times in 330 Posts
iTrader: (22)
Quote:
Originally Posted by wardy2602 View Post
Mmmmm
The one I have unscrew's from the buttons side to get the transponder into it, then to cover the screws and to give the illusion that the key has no fixings the metal front around the buttons is stuck to the key using the supplied adhesive 3M material
As for cutting I stubbled on a place up the road turns out he cuts key for all the big garages in this area using a laser cutter, the keys he city's are perfect and he only charges a tenner, I got charged that at timpsons and he made a right pigs ear of it the first time I had one cut, I had to file a load off myself to get it to work.

Sent from my Nexus 10 using Tapatalk 2
Ah okay, that makes sense looking again. I think the one I've ordered will be the same. Thanks for the heads up on the battery.

Quote:
Originally Posted by wardy2602 View Post
Attachment 95207Attachment 95208

Sent from my Nexus 10 using Tapatalk 2
I was looking at that one too, not sure why I didn't go for it now, but still think the one I did buy is growing on me more.

As for the original topic - sorry for taking over a bit! I'm sure wardy2602 will be able to provide you with what you need
x5252x is offline  
post #15 of 165 (permalink) Old 15th October 2013, 17:12
 
LFC24's Avatar
 
Car: 2007 2.2 I-CTDI EX Black 5dr
Join Date: 7th May 2013
Location: Leeds GB
Posts: 61
Thanks: 25
Thanked 9 Times in 7 Posts
iTrader: (0)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nitehawk View Post
Give me a cost or pm me please
And me please Wardy
LFC24 is offline  
post #16 of 165 (permalink) Old 15th October 2013, 18:44
No Smoke no poke
 
wardy2602's Avatar
 
Car: 2010 Polished metal Type-S
Join Date: 29th November 2009
Location: stoke-on-trent, uk ENGLAND
Posts: 3,589
Thanks: 699
Thanked 870 Times in 733 Posts
iTrader: (46)
Quote:
Originally Posted by GazBills View Post
Who did the transponder transplant for you Wardy? Need to get mine done. My soldering iron to higher wattage to do this...
Hi Gaz

Ive checked and the key cutters is open till 5pm on a saturday
dont rush coming over as i will have the kids in the morn mate as my lady is avin her hair done lol

she should be done by 11ish fella
wardy2602 is offline  
post #17 of 165 (permalink) Old 15th October 2013, 18:46
No Smoke no poke
 
wardy2602's Avatar
 
Car: 2010 Polished metal Type-S
Join Date: 29th November 2009
Location: stoke-on-trent, uk ENGLAND
Posts: 3,589
Thanks: 699
Thanked 870 Times in 733 Posts
iTrader: (46)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nitehawk View Post
Give me a cost or pm me please
Hi nighthawk

got the pm cheers if it comes before sat i can get it cut and posted back out to on saturday fella

cheers
wardy2602 is offline  
Thanks to wardy2602 from:
post #18 of 165 (permalink) Old 15th October 2013, 18:48
No Smoke no poke
 
wardy2602's Avatar
 
Car: 2010 Polished metal Type-S
Join Date: 29th November 2009
Location: stoke-on-trent, uk ENGLAND
Posts: 3,589
Thanks: 699
Thanked 870 Times in 733 Posts
iTrader: (46)
Quote:
Originally Posted by LFC24 View Post
And me please Wardy
Have you got a key that needs cutting and transponder modding or did you want me to supply one
As im new to all this i have no stock so would have to wait till i can get ya one in
Let me know your thoughts
wardy2602 is offline  
post #19 of 165 (permalink) Old 17th October 2013, 21:27
Supporter
 
mustaine8661's Avatar
 
Car: 2006 2.2 ES Alabaster Silver
Join Date: 11th July 2013
Location: Leeming GB
Posts: 31
Thanks: 10
Thanked 1 Time in 1 Post
iTrader: (0)
I'd be very interested in this too good sir!

I'd need a fob, a key cut and the gubbins inside. let me know what you need from me and how much.

Thanks man!
mustaine8661 is offline  
post #20 of 165 (permalink) Old 17th October 2013, 22:03
 
LFC24's Avatar
 
Car: 2007 2.2 I-CTDI EX Black 5dr
Join Date: 7th May 2013
Location: Leeds GB
Posts: 61
Thanks: 25
Thanked 9 Times in 7 Posts
iTrader: (0)
Quote:
Originally Posted by wardy2602 View Post
Have you got a key that needs cutting and transponder modding or did you want me to supply one
As im new to all this i have no stock so would have to wait till i can get ya one in
Let me know your thoughts
I've got a spare key and a flipkey shell, all ready to go
LFC24 is offline  
Reply

  Civinfo > 8th Generation Euro Honda Civic (2006 - 2011) > Electronics (8G)

Quick Reply
Message:
Options

Register Now



In order to be able to post messages on the Civinfo forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
Your User Name is the name that appears by all your posts on the forum, and so should not be your email address.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:


Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in










Thread Tools
Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page



Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Transmission Flip Key JohnJonjo Engines and Transmission (8G) 15 1st March 2012 08:40
Alarm Flip Key H17YD_L Electronics (8G) 7 17th March 2009 23:44

Posting Rules  
You may post new threads
You may post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On

 
For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome