Other ebay A2DP Bluetooth kit - Please Help - Civinfo

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 13 (permalink) Old 15th October 2013, 00:11 Thread Starter

ebay A2DP Bluetooth kit - Please Help

Hi

I recently purchased this bluetooth kit from ebay:

Car CD Adapter Changer Bluetooth USB SD BT AUX IN for Honda Odyssey Civic CR-V | eBay

I have a 2006 Civic es. But when ever I connect this device no sound comes from my radio or CD player though I can see it working on the display and hear the CD spin up.

Has anyone installed this device before and got it to work? Any idea where I could start looking to solve this problem? The seller hasn't been any help.

Any help would be much appreciated
Thanks
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 13 (permalink) Old 15th October 2013, 07:44

I'm just commenting on this so I remember for later are the 4x little switches on the right settings for your car?
post #3 of 13 (permalink) Old 15th October 2013, 22:11 Thread Starter
** Thread starter **

As far as I can tell 1=on, 2=off, 3=off & 4=off which is the setting for Hondas

post #4 of 13 (permalink) Old 25th October 2013, 20:50 Thread Starter
** Thread starter **

Just to let you know vibrating_cake customs will what £28.47 on top of what is charged by the seller and the thing doesn't even work
post #5 of 13 (permalink) Old 30th October 2013, 18:08
Supporter

Car: 2007 1.8 Type S GT 3dr
I recently bought one of these off ebay and have got it to work quite well.

The important bit to actually get the thing working in my case was buying a Y cable. You can get one from here: HONDA Car Stereo Y Cable - XCARLINK Interface Lead | eBay

My 07 Civic has a factory fitted iPhone cable, which was plugged into the white 14 pin AUX/CD port on the back of the stereo. Seems if this port has got anything in it already, you can't just unplug it and plug this bluetooth module in..

Once you've got it working it can play music over bluetooth and the track change buttons on the steering wheel work too. Only minor annoyance is it doesn't support track/artist text, so you have to hunt through all the folders - a major chore if you've got lots of albums (up to 99 are supported).

As for mounting the box, I put mine in the centre console - to my relief the cable reached as I'd already hacked a hole in the bottom of it.. I'll post some pics when I get a mo.

Anyways, I hope this helps!

P.S. I was stung for the 28 quid import as well...
post #6 of 13 (permalink) Old 4th November 2013, 00:21 Thread Starter
** Thread starter **

I'm glad to hear you got yours working. I thought the splinter was only if you had another device going into the radio like Sat Nav or in your case an iphone cable? are you saying you needed this to make it work at all?

I've got a 2006 es Civic which doesn't have anything else plugged into that particular port. So I've just plugged it straight.

Also were the levers on the side of your device set to 1=on, 2=off, 3=off & 4=off ?

Thanks for the help
post #7 of 13 (permalink) Old 4th November 2013, 09:30

Is it worth trying to wiggle the plug while its connected? Might be a loose connection into the back of the stereo, also try reversing the settings 1off2off3off4on,
post #8 of 13 (permalink) Old 4th November 2013, 15:23

Quote:
Originally Posted by MikeT4 View Post
Hi

I recently purchased this bluetooth kit from ebay:

Car CD Adapter Changer Bluetooth USB SD BT AUX IN for Honda Odyssey Civic CR-V | eBay

I have a 2006 Civic es. But when ever I connect this device no sound comes from my radio or CD player though I can see it working on the display and hear the CD spin up.

Has anyone installed this device before and got it to work? Any idea where I could start looking to solve this problem? The seller hasn't been any help.

Any help would be much appreciated
Thanks
Same for me on my hatchback - 06.

Buy the connect2 instead, works like a charm!
post #9 of 13 (permalink) Old 10th November 2013, 10:45
Supporter

Car: 2007 1.8 Type S GT 3dr
Hi MikeT4,
Sorry to hear you've had no joy with the A2DP. I think you're correct, the splitter is usually only needed if you have another device already plugged into the Aux port, however I unplugged what was in there already on mine and tried the kit going straight in on it's own. It was receiving power (you can see a red light through the card slots) and I could connect to it via bluetooth, but nothing would play - particularly annoying after taking most of the dash apart! If you can plug your unit in and it has power and you can connect to it via bluetooth, then it maybe that you need the splitter. It could be your car had a CD changer or AUX port installed or prepared for one, but the dealer took it out/didn't install one?!? Just a thought.

Good luck!
post #10 of 13 (permalink) Old 17th November 2013, 18:30
Marty says BWAAAHHH!!!

Car: 09 Milano Red CTR GT
Garage
On a budget I got one of these and the bluetooth unit. Came to a cheaper price than other more well know brands but it works fine. Yatour Digital Music CD Changer USB SD MP3 for Honda Civic CR-V Accord Acura | eBay

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Bluetooth-...item3385b23593
post #11 of 13 (permalink) Old 5th March 2014, 01:06 Thread Starter
** Thread starter **

Hi I eventually got that cable to try but it didn't work. So it looks like I just need to face the music and wright it off as a lost cause.

I'm not going to consider anything from china again it's too risky and not that much cheaper (especially once import tax taken into consideration) and I couldn't find what Connects 2 had to offer.

The 3 units I'm considering just now are:

Grom Audio BT3 Integrated Bluetooth kit £106
Grom Audio BT3 Integrated Bluetooth kit - recent HONDA ACCORD CIVIC CRV JAZZ FRV | eBay

Xcarlink Honda Wireless Bluetooth Streaming Handsfree Interface £130
Honda Wireless Bluetooth Streaming Handsfree Interface*::*HONDA*::*XCarLink

Dension Gateway Lite BT - GBL3xxx £120
Gateway Lite BT | A2DP | Bluetooth handsfree calls

I'm thinking I'll get the Grom unit as it's the cheapest and the seller also said that it might switch from radio to blue-tooth automatically when an incoming call is received. Although he couldn't guarantee it the other 2 said there device definitely couldn't.

Anyone got any advice ?????
post #12 of 13 (permalink) Old 5th March 2014, 06:08
Marty says BWAAAHHH!!!

Car: 09 Milano Red CTR GT
Garage
I can't see how it could auto switch since it sends audio in through the CD changer port like the other 2. Does the stereo auto switch to the changer when a disc is inserted like what happens to the dashboard slot? If so then it may be possible fooling the stereo into thinking a disc has just been inserted.
post #13 of 13 (permalink) Old 25th March 2014, 22:29
Supporter

Car: 2006 Civic

Civinfo > 8th Generation Euro Honda Civic (2006 - 2011) > Electronics (8G)

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Civinfo forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
Your User Name is the name that appears by all your posts on the forum, and so should not be your email address.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page