Other Windscreen wipers playing up - Civinfo

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 6 (permalink) Old 6th November 2013, 22:43 Thread Starter
Supporter

Car: 2006 2.2
Windscreen wipers playing up

Hi wondered if someone could help my (auto) wipers have decided to get a mind of there own, they come on when its not raining and when you switch them off they continue and takes a while for them to stop and when they do stop they end up in the middle of the windscreen :s ... hope someone can help. Thanks in advance

Sent from my GT-I9505 using Tapatalk
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 6 (permalink) Old 6th November 2013, 22:57
Supporter

Car: 2007 2.2 type S GT-T
I had these exact symptoms mate and changed the motor which fixed it. Got a reconditioned one off eBay for not too much money. Got a feeling though that other people have had similar issues and mentioned the rain sensor. Just saying that I replaced the motor and it fixed mine. Hope this helps a little
post #3 of 6 (permalink) Old 6th November 2013, 23:34

My previous car did the same. Not a Honda, but symptoms exactly the same as yours. Advised it was the park switch or the motor, and to replace motor. Might be a good idea to clean the top of the sensor first, though. You never know...you might be lucky

post #4 of 6 (permalink) Old 7th November 2013, 00:37
Supporter

Car: Type S GT
Yeah I've lived with mine doing it for the last 6 month. Needs a new motor mate and your looking at about 175 ish independent, probably neatly double at Honda. I'll probably get it done eventually but for now I just put up with it
post #5 of 6 (permalink) Old 7th November 2013, 01:22

Car: 2007 Type S GT, Alabaster
Mine have started to develop similar habits, from cold when i quick swipe (up on the stalk)
they try to settle at 'rest' once they've done their thing but then creep up an inch or two and stop. Not sure what's causing it because once the car has warmed up they perform normally, a bit weird. I'm not convinced its a motor problem but more of a sensor issue.
post #6 of 6 (permalink) Old 10th November 2013, 19:33
Supporter

Car: 2017 1.8i Navi, White
Quote:
Originally Posted by Flitton1989 View Post
Hi wondered if someone could help my (auto) wipers have decided to get a mind of there own, they come on when its not raining and when you switch them off they continue and takes a while for them to stop and when they do stop they end up in the middle of the windscreen :s ... hope someone can help. Thanks in advance

Sent from my GT-I9505 using Tapatalk
There are many threads on here reporting similar problems, try a search, one of them is here .
The problem is a build up of grease on the electrical contacts within the wiper motor. Some have taken the motor off, sprayed degreaser into the affected area and cleaned the grease out, to fix their problems. I broke off my pink disc trying to clean it, had to bolt it back on. It is not totally perfect, but a million times better than it was.

Civinfo > 8th Generation Euro Honda Civic (2006 - 2011) > Electronics (8G)

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Civinfo forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
Your User Name is the name that appears by all your posts on the forum, and so should not be your email address.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page