2006+ Honda Civic Forum banner

Sat Nav general questions

Satnav 
3K views 19 replies 12 participants last post by  Kremmen 
#1 ·
Two questions to be exact....

When I first got my EX, I'm certain that the sat nav system gave audio information on TMC events (spoke and told me that a delay was ahead)...did I dream this, because i've not heard it for months!

Secondly, how do I get the system to read out to me the names of saved addresses in my address book. It was doing this wonderfully, and then stopped. I think I must have turned something off.

So, if you could kindly save me time guessing and reading the manual...that'd be fab.

JK 2.2 EX

#2 · (Edited)
I've got an EX and have never received any Audio TMC warnings - Neither have I ever had the addresses read out

You must have been dreaming mate! - Unless someone knows different - in which case I would be interested in hearing about it (no pun intended) ;-)

#3 · (Edited)
TMC audio - quite sure it does not do that.

When would you want it to read the names in the address book?
When selecting destination?
Think you might have dreamt that too..

Have a look if anything here might help:
Voice Control - Civinfo Wiki

#5 ·
I've not experienced audio TMC warnings. With regards to the read out of names from your address book, as far as i know it won't read the names you can store in the Sat Nav but it will read out the names you store in the phone book. (phone book is seperate to the Sat Nav so you won't see the names and numbers on screen hence why it reads them out to you)

#7 ·
Yep it will do that, cant for the life of me remember how to, will have a play tomorrow and post again

#8 ·
I know that TrafficMaster advertise that TMC does send out verbals within the data, that's how my Tm Q-Busta works.

I have never had my built in one do that though and as far as I can determine it can't, maybe it was just the RDS radio data?

If it can then that would be a big plus because I can't work out easily when I've plotted a route what the TMC jam data is trying to tell me when if offers a detour.

I think it shows the stretch of road, then the particular section affected, then the type of delay and expected delay period.

I think it's information overload when driving. I need someting that is quick to take in.

#12 ·
It's under Menu Hints I think on the second system menu

#15 ·
Right, this is how to turn audio on for the address book....get ready to laugh as your Civic does it's very best to read the names programmed.

Step 1 - Go into SETTING SCREEN 2 (toggle twice right from the nav. menu)
Step 2 - Select CONFIGURATION
Step 3 - Select ON under VOICE RECOGNITION FEEDBACK

Step 4 - Say sorry if you accused me of dreaming - lol!!!!

JK

#16 ·
Say sorry if you accused me of dreaming
Only when I've tried it - and had a laugh apparently.

It sounds remarkably like when someone sends a text message to your home phone and it gets intercepted by BT's 1571 answerphone.

Having a digital voice trying to read out 'textspeak' can be a tad amusing :D

#18 ·
Not sure about the TMC audio but you can have audio on Fav places which reads out what ever you put in. Also reads out the radio stations. Not sure which menu it in but its in the configuration menu under guidance will look tonight .

#20 ·
Checked mine and the Voice Recognition Feedback was already on - what's it supposed to do ?

Whilst in there I changed the Dial Feedback from off to Auto - what's that supposed to do ?

Turning it On gets the unit to speak the selections as you rotate the dial but Auto hasn't triggered anything yet.

Going right back to the start though, I've never had audio about the TMC events.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.