Other Panoramic Roof Blinds?? - Civinfo

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 17 (permalink) Old 18th November 2013, 19:48 Thread Starter

Car: 2007 2.2 Civic Type-S GT
Panoramic Roof Blinds??

Do the blinds get stuck often of the Pan Roofs? Picked up my Type S GT today and noticed that neither of the blinds will close (they are in the fully open position).

Pressed the button to close them but nothing happens so wondered if there was a common fault with them? I've got warranty with the car so will be contacting the garage in the next few days so sort any issues etc but just wondered if it was a simple fix or not? I can't hear any motor noise when pressing the button so i'm wondering if its just a fuse perhaps?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 17 (permalink) Old 18th November 2013, 19:51
Supporter

I have this problem with mine, it seems a little inconsistent, when I open them, the rear opens properly although the front seems to stick, if I tap the blind, it suddenly opens completely, very fast! When I close them, they both close correctly..... Not 100% sure what the problem is
post #3 of 17 (permalink) Old 18th November 2013, 19:52 Thread Starter
** Thread starter **

Car: 2007 2.2 Civic Type-S GT
Would I cause any damage if I manually pulled the blinds to see if they are snagging on something? May be I should just leave it & get the garage to look at it

post #4 of 17 (permalink) Old 18th November 2013, 20:02
Supporter

Car: 59 Milano Red Fn2
Quote:
Originally Posted by lrthumwood View Post
I have this problem with mine, it seems a little inconsistent, when I open them, the rear opens properly although the front seems to stick, if I tap the blind, it suddenly opens completely, very fast! When I close them, they both close correctly..... Not 100% sure what the problem is
I had this on my old type s was around 500 to fix by honda I was under warranty from the garage I got the car from so didn't pay

If you still have warranty on the car get it done ASAP to save you having to pay to fix it

I think all they do is replace some brackets but it's a long job which Is why it costs so much
post #5 of 17 (permalink) Old 18th November 2013, 21:19
Supporter

Car: 2014 Aygo
Seems this is common, it has to do with a spring but is a real hassle to fix and involves removing quite a lot of the internals surrounding the roof, mine used to stick when opening but as I always remembered I just gave it a little tap as soon as it started, that way it opened quite normally, if it is stuck and you leave it a second or two and it releases itself it shoots back quite violently. I understand dealers do not like repairing. There is a thread on here where someone manged to fix the spring without removing any headlining - worth a search to see if it could work for you.
post #6 of 17 (permalink) Old 4th December 2013, 17:21
more torque than the mrs

Car: 2008 2.2 type s gt blusilver
Thanked 1,803 Times in 1,572 Posts
Garage
mine had to be fixed under warranty 4.5 hours labour, they said the roof lining as to come out and the rail guides had to be changed,not cheap 483 total cost.
post #7 of 17 (permalink) Old 4th December 2013, 17:24
Supporter

Car: Ford Focus Titanium 100
Try tapping the blind gently, mine sticks occassionly and frees with a gentle tap
post #8 of 17 (permalink) Old 20th January 2015, 22:52

roof blinds repair

Hi guys, I've been reading through this thread and noticed that everyone is struggling with these sticking.I'm a honda technician and I do these repairs almost on a daily so I know the costs involved when going to main dealer. Often around the 400 all the way to 700 region! It's also been suggested that it is an all day job when in reality it takes a maximum of 3 hours, I often do then within 2 hours! I thought that I would let you all know that I can replace these privately for 150 including parts if you only have the front blind sticking or 200 if you need front and rear blind shoes being replaced. I would prefer if the car is brought to me but I can come to you if need be. Message me if your interested and in the surrey Sussex are.
Message on here or directly to [email protected]
Thanks to mikeyhyett from:
post #9 of 17 (permalink) Old 20th January 2015, 23:54
Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by mikeyhyett View Post
Hi guys, I've been reading through this thread and noticed that everyone is struggling with these sticking.I'm a honda technician and I do these repairs almost on a daily so I know the costs involved when going to main dealer. Often around the 400 all the way to 700 region! It's also been suggested that it is an all day job when in reality it takes a maximum of 3 hours, I often do then within 2 hours! I thought that I would let you all know that I can replace these privately for 150 including parts if you only have the front blind sticking or 200 if you need front and rear blind shoes being replaced. I would prefer if the car is brought to me but I can come to you if need be. Message me if your interested and in the surrey Sussex are.
thats a very kind offer
could you enlighten us as to what causes the blinds to stick and what parts are needed for the repair there's probably quite a few who have the problem but live hundreds of miles away from surrey and maybe would like to have a go at fixing it themselves

any info i'm sure would be gratefully recieved
post #10 of 17 (permalink) Old 21st January 2015, 04:56
SKY BLUE ARMY

Car: 2009 Honda CTS GT
Mine went in a few years ago under warrant and was an all day job Honda said.

They sorted the issue and was fine until the other day I curiously checked them and front doesn't open at all, had to push it back but it closes fine.

Could I go back to dealer and say the problem is back? its out of warranty now
post #11 of 17 (permalink) Old 21st January 2015, 11:21
more torque than the mrs

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by cosmicma View Post
thats a very kind offer
could you enlighten us as to what causes the blinds to stick and what parts are needed for the repair there's probably quite a few who have the problem but live hundreds of miles away from surrey and maybe would like to have a go at fixing it themselves

any info i'm sure would be gratefully recieved
when mine playing up honda replaced the rail guides, took honda over 4 hours to do the job , for someone thinking of doing it themselves who as never done one double that time.roof lining as to be dropped interior trim removed etc
1 and 3 on the pic Honda Car Parts / Choose by Model / Genuine Honda Parts | Honda Cars | Honda Motorcycles | Honda Power Products | Lings Honda

more info.
http://www.civinfo.com/forum/electro...chanism-3.html
post #12 of 17 (permalink) Old 21st January 2015, 13:41

Car: 2007 2.2 iCTDI
Quote:
Why can't you be closer?!! The rear one on mine stuck, then pinged and a part broke off is there anyone with contacts in the West Midlands that can do the repairs for a similar price?

Thanks
post #13 of 17 (permalink) Old 21st January 2015, 15:54
Supporter

Car: 2011 Type S GT, Milano Red
Yes unfortunately this is a very common problem. I had mine fixed under warranty and it did take a full day at my local Honda dealer. My car is now out of warranty and I am scared to use my blinds so I just leave them open all the time. When I got mine fixed the Honda technician told me that there was an official bulletin from Honda saying that a single sharp strike with the palm of your hand to the centre of the roof panel (where the blinds retract into) can sometimes release the mechanism, but that didn't work for mine. If I were you I wouldn't try tugging or pushing it back into position as in my case it made the problem worse.
post #14 of 17 (permalink) Old 21st January 2015, 20:39
Supporter

Car: 10G Civic Prestige
Mine is precisely as the 2nd post.
Sometimes the front sticks, rear never (so far).
It's obvious if it's going to stick so a quick tap frees it no problem.
Always closes without a problem.
Many times there's no problem - so far.

This started perhaps 2 years ago.

Al.
post #15 of 17 (permalink) Old 21st January 2015, 21:02
more torque than the mrs

Garage
Thanks to deni.babe from:
post #16 of 17 (permalink) Old 26th January 2015, 22:54
I-Vtec... Do you?

Car: 2008 1.8 Type S-GT, Red
Send a message via Yahoo to Dwyer9
I leave my blinds shut I do prefer them shut but mine used to stick closed then fling open when opening them this was during warranty but Honda I think greased something band couldn't find a fault? They seem ok they stick on a cold morning but not as bad as before great idea but poorly put together

Sent from my iPhone
post #17 of 17 (permalink) Old 25th February 2015, 19:00
Supporter

Car: 2008 EX Galaxy Grey
Quote:
Thanks, will keep you in mind, I've only had my 08 EX since Saturday and love it. The blind problem was pointed out to me and apparently it had been to honda but fix was temporary. I'm in North surrey so hopefully not to far.

Civinfo > 8th Generation Euro Honda Civic (2006 - 2011) > Electronics (8G)

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Civinfo forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
Your User Name is the name that appears by all your posts on the forum, and so should not be your email address.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page