Electrics All power windows buttons stopped working as well as CL button - Civinfo

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 6 (permalink) Old 23rd November 2013, 17:00 Thread Starter

Car: 2007 1.8 Sport NHB
Question All power windows buttons stopped working as well as CL button

Hi guys,

Just wondered if anyone has some suggestions for the problem I've got with the car.

Last week the central locking button stopped working on the drivers side windows control panel.

Then a couple of days ago the all the window buttons stopped working as well.

They don't work on the individual doors either. I have checked the 20amp fuse for the windows and door lock icon one and both are fine. I then checked the power windows 40amp square fuse under the bonnet fuse box and that is fine too.

Im thinking maybe going to a scrapper and getting the button panel and replacing that to see if it solves the problem.

Apart from taking it to an expensive electrocution, any further suggestions are welcome.

Cheers in advance.

P.s) i did a search for similar issues and most seem to be solved by doing the windows reset thing but im unable to do that for obvious reasons.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 6 (permalink) Old 23rd November 2013, 18:17
Supporter

Car: 2010 CTR M200
I'd personally pull the door card off and check the connections to the window switch unit, try it with the door open too
Thanks to Bench from:
post #3 of 6 (permalink) Old 23rd November 2013, 19:53 Thread Starter
** Thread starter **

Cheers bench, i was contemplating doing that... Bit cold these days but will check it our probably next weekend now as im busy tomorrow.

Any door panel removal instructions about?

post #4 of 6 (permalink) Old 23rd November 2013, 20:17
Supporter

Car: 2010 CTR M200
Lower the window first ( if poss) 2 Phillips screws behind a small plastic panel on the door handle and another one under the door handle pull/arm rest

Then pull the panel from the bottom and work round, I start from behind the speaker, they will be on tight so you may need to use a little force, usually easier if it's warm, the clips tend to break in the cold but easily source-able off ebay 3 ish for 10
post #5 of 6 (permalink) Old 24th November 2013, 10:38 Thread Starter
** Thread starter **

Nice one fella, i might just do it after a journey to warm up the plastic a little. ��
post #6 of 6 (permalink) Old 14th March 2014, 16:30 Thread Starter
** Thread starter **

Right... Never got chance to try this and had the car in the garage to check it out. They reckon its the switches panel too.

Honda quoted 500 for a new one and apparently it has to be programmed in to work so even if i get another used one i will still have to get the software sorted.

Think if the weather is good this weekend i will attempt it.

Civinfo > 8th Generation Euro Honda Civic (2006 - 2011) > Electronics (8G)

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Civinfo forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
Your User Name is the name that appears by all your posts on the forum, and so should not be your email address.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page