Satnav sat nav problems - Civinfo

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 21st December 2013, 02:15 Thread Starter

sat nav problems

hi,can anyone advise please,,i have a 2006 cdti ex,had it over a year, about 4 months ago sat nav began playing up saying disc error consult dealer, i would have to knock off and restart this happened more frequent to the point now where it says it all the time,, i took disc out which is a vertibrim copy disc.cleaned it and put one of those cd disc cleaner discs in,,,no joy,,, ive just bought a 2013 map update copy disc off a seller on ebay with good feedback thinking it maybe the old disc at fault,,there was instructions with the ebay disc to go through the menu toggle on satnav to load new disc , idone that to the point where the screen said downloading map update,,then screen said check disc,,,,still no joy,,,,any ideas? steve.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 21st December 2013, 02:47
Supporter

Car: 59 Type R, Crystal Black
This happened to me, i took it to the dealer and they had to send away the disk drive bit away for repair. Took almost a month before i got it back.

I had it done under warranty although if i remember correctly if i didnt have warranty it would have cost 300+
Old 21st December 2013, 03:17 Thread Starter
** Thread starter **

oh noooooo,when i bought the car 15 months ago the bluetooth module was playing up had to source one from ebay dismantlers 250 that was honda wanted 800 for new one,i had a refund for the 250 from the garage i bought it from,,now the bloody sat nav, i thought hondas were bulletproof.

Old 21st December 2013, 17:59 Thread Starter
** Thread starter **

has this problem got to be sorted by main dealers? i live in cardiff area any independent repairers about?

Civinfo > 8th Generation Euro Honda Civic (2006 - 2011) > Electronics (8G)

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Civinfo forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
Your User Name is the name that appears by all your posts on the forum, and so should not be your email address.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in