Alarm Spare remote key quote. - Civinfo

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 6 (permalink) Old 29th January 2014, 14:34 Thread Starter
Supporter

Car: 2006 EX 1.8 5 door
Spare remote key quote.

Just been quoted 125 pounds for a spare remote key (12 month guarantee) from company in Nottingham. Price includes parts,labour,cutting,programming. It`s very cheap as Honda Mansfield wants 230. Read somewhere that Honda keys are not easy to copy. Is it true? Is there any risk of doing this not at the dealers? Anybody tried to duplicate the key from third party company? I would appreciate any help. Thanks. Dom
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 6 (permalink) Old 29th January 2014, 15:26
No Smoke no poke

Car: 2010 Polished metal Type-S
Quote:
Originally Posted by Slodek View Post
Just been quoted 125 pounds for a spare remote key (12 month guarantee) from company in Nottingham. Price includes parts,labour,cutting,programming. It`s very cheap as Honda Mansfield wants 230. Read somewhere that Honda keys are not easy to copy. Is it true? Is there any risk of doing this not at the dealers? Anybody tried to duplicate the key from third party company? I would appreciate any help. Thanks. Dom
Hi mate, I use a lock smith that is very good if you check out my signature I sell them on here, he can supply a genuine for 110, ive never asked if thats coded to the car i presume so as he has all the equipment to do it.
personally id buy a second hand one off fleabay and have it coded to your car either i could supply and cut your key or you could buy one again off fleabay or the like.
Thanks to wardy2602 from:
post #3 of 6 (permalink) Old 30th January 2014, 14:15 Thread Starter
Supporter
** Thread starter **

Car: 2006 EX 1.8 5 door
Quote:
Originally Posted by wardy2602 View Post
Hi mate, I use a lock smith that is very good if you check out my signature I sell them on here, he can supply a genuine for 110, ive never asked if thats coded to the car i presume so as he has all the equipment to do it.
personally id buy a second hand one off fleabay and have it coded to your car either i could supply and cut your key or you could buy one again off fleabay or the like.
Thank you very much for your offer Wardy. I really aprretiate it. But if i will decide to duplicate key at third party company i would rather do this locally as if anything goes wrong it`s easier for me to resolve the problem. Thanks anyway.
Do you know maybe is there any risk of blocking the immobiliser or any other damages in electronics if the locksmith will not programme key properly? Sorry if my question sound stupid but im not very good at this. Regards. Dom

post #4 of 6 (permalink) Old 30th January 2014, 19:58
No Smoke no poke

Car: 2010 Polished metal Type-S
No probs fella your call mate, I believe the immobiliser is part of the ECU so no getting round it, its to stop anyone just using a screwdriver really

Sent from my Nexus 10 using Tapatalk 2
post #5 of 6 (permalink) Old 31st January 2014, 12:16

Car: 07 CTR, milano red, 19" rage
I bought a new uncut remote fob for my CTR, then was given a company car so sold it and now have a spare key as didn't include it in the sale. I also purchased the upgrade flip key which I now have no use for.

I paid 80 for the key and fob with the flip key another 25. I can supply pictures so you can see if the fob matches your fob code.

Its 40 to get it recoded from a Honda garage and however much your local key cutter will charge.

It's no use to me now so looking to get rid, let me know if you're interested and can think of a cost. Can supply pictures.

just for info, I was quoted 310 from Marshalls Honda in Harrogate
post #6 of 6 (permalink) Old 1st February 2014, 23:58
Supporter

Car: 2.2d 5dr Black Civic ES 2007
Can keys be recoded? Or are they 'write once'
Would it be possible to get one from scrap yard and reuse it?

Civinfo > 8th Generation Euro Honda Civic (2006 - 2011) > Electronics (8G)

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Civinfo forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
Your User Name is the name that appears by all your posts on the forum, and so should not be your email address.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page