Alarm Permanently disable alarm on 07 plate Civic Type-R? - Civinfo

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 6 (permalink) Old 3rd March 2014, 18:18 Thread Starter

Permanently disable alarm on 07 plate Civic Type-R?

Is there a way to permanently disable the factory fitted alarm so that it never rearms itself automatically after a few moments of being locked? I've been told that this could be possible via the MICU.

I have an intermittent/random problem with the alarm whereby I am unable to disarm the alarm via the remote key fob. I can still drive the car as per normal, but the siren will continue to go off. The only way I can get it to disarm is by disconnecting the car battery for a few minutes, reconnect and then try the key fob again; when it does disarm then great; if it doesn't, then I repeat the process. I've had this ongoing issue once every 18 months or so for the past 3 years, when it recurred last month I had a new battery fitted as it just wasn't holding a charge as this winter appears partitcularly cold, the alarm worked fine for the entire month.

I've done all of the obvious things to isolate the issue:
  1. Changed the battery in the key fob.
  2. Tried resetting the fob via the lock/unlock sequence.
  3. Tried locking the door with the physical key, but alarm rearms.
Once the alarm has been turned off permanently, I intend to get a new one installed, i've tried locking with the key only, but the alarm rearms after x amount of seconds after locking.

Thanks!

Last edited by charsiu; 3rd March 2014 at 18:28. Reason: Additional Information
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 6 (permalink) Old 3rd March 2014, 22:13
Supporter

Car: 2006 1.8ES Civic, Blue
Hi, I had the classic flat battery and alarm going off when reconnecting. The siren is located in the boot, drivers side. Remove the hidden boot compartment then the cover over the wheel arch, you can disconnect the siren there. The siren may continue for a small time but the battery will run flat. This won't cause any issue with the running of the car.
post #3 of 6 (permalink) Old 4th March 2014, 01:14 Thread Starter
** Thread starter **

Hi Zobo,

Thanks for the reply, my alarm in terms of functionality is working as per normal; it doesn't randomly go off, I just intermittently I have problems disarming the damn thing so I can drive it. If I disconnect the siren, although it will no longer sound, won't my hazards continue to flash, running off of the main car battery?

post #4 of 6 (permalink) Old 4th March 2014, 20:11
Supporter

Mine didn't. It's worth having a go as it's easy to do and you can always reconnect the siren. Just make re if you disconnect the main battery to have the key OUT of the ignition and the alarm disarmed
post #5 of 6 (permalink) Old 6th March 2014, 18:00 Thread Starter
** Thread starter **

I'm gonna give it a go this weekend, knowing me, I won't even find the hidden compartment! Is yours also a Type-R?
post #6 of 6 (permalink) Old 7th March 2014, 17:20
Supporter

Hi, no mine is a 1.8 ex but the alarm siren I fitted to my car came of a type r.

Civinfo > 8th Generation Euro Honda Civic (2006 - 2011) > Electronics (8G)

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Civinfo forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
Your User Name is the name that appears by all your posts on the forum, and so should not be your email address.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page