Computer MP3-tag-info on Nav-Display crippled - Civinfo

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 7 (permalink) Old 7th March 2008, 22:44 Thread Starter

Angry MP3-tag-info on Nav-Display crippled

Greetings!

New here, new to my Civic Executive.
I'm very happy with my car, but NOT with the way, the system handles MP3-Files on CD! I definitely do not like the way track-information is displayed on my navi-screen. For an example, there's info about "Album" and "Track" above, but not a single word about the artist. Album-Name is limited to 16 letters, only track has more. What a crap! All I could do is to rename all of my 50 GB of MP3-files (the NAMES of the FILES), so that below there's some information about the artist in the scrolllist, which relies on the filenames. But even in that case, the software does not work properly. Mostly the filenames are crippled, heavily limited in length - if I have many tracks from Artist "Nine Inch Nails", bandname comes first, but then the trackname is crippled, so that navigation is very uncomfortable. In the example below you see "Nitzer Ebb - Sha". Of course it should be "Nitzer Ebb - Shame". Would be nuff room for that!

I've tried to burn CDs with different format. ISO9660+Joliet, ISO9660 only, length of filenames always set to 31 letters and more, ISO-CD-ROM. I only got more letters in the filenames for the scrolllist, when I set the typeset to ASCII-Mode - which is really not a common setting. But in any case this "brillant" system has problems reading out the ID-tags - even if it has exact details about the Song saved in the ID3v1- AND the ID3v2-tags, some tracks are not shown correctly in the topmost area of the navi-display. I can store the title-info in the ID's, save them, but nevertheless the system does not read all the data out of them. There's no obvious reason for it!

What can I do?? Is there any update for the software out there? What would be the right format for the tags (does it read ID3v1 or ID3v2?) and the CD-ROM? Any chance, that I can show the artist-info in the nav-display, without having to change all of the filenames? Please help! Thx.

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 7 (permalink) Old 8th March 2008, 01:43
Vivid Blue Rocks!!!

Car: Suzuki Swift Sport
Hi, there is a fairly detailed thread about MP3 files, and how they are displayed here
http://www.civinfo.com/forum/ipods-m...tion-disc.html

I think it answers most of your questions
post #3 of 7 (permalink) Old 8th March 2008, 02:30
i-VTEC Junkie

Best way seperate the files into folders for Artist/Album then the track name is all that is needed

post #4 of 7 (permalink) Old 8th March 2008, 06:35
Administrator

Thanked 1,708 Times in 1,431 Posts
The one thing I would like to have seen is the 'track list' keep pace so you could see the next track(s) due to play.

Artist would have been a bonus.
post #5 of 7 (permalink) Old 8th March 2008, 07:49
FWH
Administrator

Car: MX-5, C6 Vette & MB S212
Thanked 1,029 Times in 772 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kremmen View Post
The one thing I would like to have seen is the 'track list' keep pace so you could see the next track(s) due to play.

Artist would have been a bonus.
Agree on both points.

It would be good if it "set focus" on current track in the list.

post #6 of 7 (permalink) Old 8th March 2008, 13:04
i-VTEC Junkie

There is a track list option, cant remember how to get to it, but think it's down while playing.
post #7 of 7 (permalink) Old 8th March 2008, 18:18
FWH
Administrator

Car: MX-5, C6 Vette & MB S212
Thanked 1,029 Times in 772 Posts
If you press right you will get a track list (see the picture in the first post), however you still need to scroll down to find the current track in the list - it does not jump to it automatically.

Civinfo > 8th Generation Euro Honda Civic (2006 - 2011) > Electronics (8G)

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Civinfo forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
Your User Name is the name that appears by all your posts on the forum, and so should not be your email address.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page