2006+ Honda Civic Forum banner

Traction Control+"EDL"

VSA 
4K views 6 replies 6 participants last post by  Foggy69 
#1 ·
Hello,

Does the Civic have these? I've read the brochure and it doesn't seem to mention them (EDL = electronic diff lock). EDL is basically where a spinning wheel is braked to force the opposite wheel to turn.
I expect to be driving on slippery surfaces from time to time, so these are important to me!

Cheers,
R.

#2 ·
It doesn't have 'EDL' - but it does have 'VSA', which appears to do the same thing - brakes a wheel which is spinning much faster than the one on the other side :)

It uses the brakes rather than a diff lock I believe, but results in the same thing.

Works well too, from my limited use of it (narrow lanes, pull passenger wheels over onto muddy edge to let a car come past, pull away and VSA starts to flash = clean start) :D

#5 ·
very good at showing what esp can do and also is every good in the snow and ice with vsa made winters alot safer.

#6 ·
My traction cotrol kickcs in all the time and has become such a pain I turn it off a lot of the time, should it operate everytime one pulls away or is it jusy me??

Tom

#7 ·
You should take the lead weights out of your right shoe. :p

I very occasionally see the traction control light when I really boot it from a stand, but only briefly, even in the wet.

Leaving it turned off most of the time isn't a very good idea at all. It can be a life saving bit of kit

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.