Automation Windows and lights - Civinfo

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 5 (permalink) Old 18th September 2006, 23:31 Thread Starter
Supporter

Windows and lights

Sorry about these silly questions but it's the small things that niggle away...

My current company car is a Renault Megane, yes funny shape but I have had it 2 years and done nearly 60'000 miles with no problems at all. One of the nice things is if I get out with the windows open and do a single click on the fob the doors lock, the really nice thing is with a second click the windows shut. Does anyone know if the civic ex can do this. The other thing with the Renault is the automatic headlights, they are clever enough that if you are going under a bridge they don't come on so they are not always coming on and off. Is the civic as clever??

Once again many thanks to all for the help and advice..
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 5 (permalink) Old 18th September 2006, 23:42
Super Moderator

Car: '08 2.2 NHB CRV
at the moment, you can't close the window fromoutside with the fob

Or, for that matter, fold the windows in without the ignition being on.

As for the lights, mine seems set about right - going under a short (narrow) bridge doesn't seem to turn them on, but going under a motorway width one does.

Of course,it all depends on how bright it is / dark under the bridge / how fast you are going etc etc, but I've not noticed them flicking on and off

so

post #3 of 5 (permalink) Old 19th September 2006, 02:11
Supporter

Car: 2015 1.6 civic tourer sr
Eco display
Send a message via AIM to IWANTACIVIC Send a message via MSN to IWANTACIVIC Send a message via Yahoo to IWANTACIVIC Send a message via Skype™ to IWANTACIVIC
It simes that the civic does all the major things as in toys but the french cars still got a few trick the civic could learn pitty the french cars anit more reiable, as one topic as about toys pepole wanted most are on simar french car i,e see me home headlight , remote window closing , auto foldind mirrors when locked , auto relocking , fold up key, mp3 sockets, heated and some even memory lether seats etc
come on honda your give use the looks and the reiabley (we hope )
now gives us the toys it might cost a bit more but if we want it as opion we will pay.

p.s do the auto wiper work well ? cool idea not done that well by pug
ether to fast or to slow wiping.

post #4 of 5 (permalink) Old 19th September 2006, 09:53 Thread Starter
Supporter
** Thread starter **

The wipers on the Megane work fine, when set to auto you can adjust the speed, you have a choice of 4 so no problem there. My 1.9 diesel has been as good as gold and done 60k in 2 years, but it is no HONDA.....
post #5 of 5 (permalink) Old 19th September 2006, 10:24

The auto wipers are very good on the Civic, and you can adjust the sensitivity. The auto lights are a bit of a pain with bridges and trees etc, but then for some reason need it has to be very dark before they come on at night. Can this be adjusted does anyone know?
I had a Renault Laguna with all these toys on; you are right that the French provide lots of toys, but they never worked properly; certainly not as good as the Civic

Civinfo > 8th Generation Euro Honda Civic (2006 - 2011) > Electronics (8G)

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Civinfo forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
Your User Name is the name that appears by all your posts on the forum, and so should not be your email address.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page