Voice recog I feel so stupid ... - Civinfo

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 4 (permalink) Old 22nd September 2006, 09:33 Thread Starter

I feel so stupid ...

... but something occurred to me on the train this morning. Are there two different buttons for voice commands? If so, it would explain why "phone setup" always gets recognised as "fan speed up" (which was driving me mad!)

I'll test it tonight, but I spotted that the hondahandsfree web site says push the "HandsFreeLink talk button", whereas the menu just describes it as the "talk button".

I hope I haven't gone and trained it to think I have some weird accent where "fan speed up" sounds like "phone setup"!

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 4 (permalink) Old 22nd September 2006, 09:37
Smell My Cheese!

Yes there are 4 buttons on the left lower part of the wheel, the 2 at the front which you push are for the Phone only, further back are 2 buttons which you pull. However, if you only know of 2 then you have probably found the front 2 which are for the phone, so Phone setup should be for the phone, although I don't recall using that specific option. Have you had the HFT mic fix carried out, if not that could be why. Have a look in electronics section, there are 2 posts, Bluetooth HFt and Update on HFT Quality Problems, both explain the fix and have photos.
post #3 of 4 (permalink) Old 22nd September 2006, 10:02 Thread Starter
** Thread starter **

Quote:
Originally Posted by richierich View Post
Yes there are 4 buttons on the left lower part of the wheel, the 2 at the front which you push are for the Phone only, further back are 2 buttons which you pull. However, if you only know of 2 then you have probably found the front 2 which are for the phone, so Phone setup should be for the phone, although I don't recall using that specific option.
I've been using the back two - I had assumed the front two for use once you'd managed to get the phone paired (for accepting/dropping calls).

"Phone setup" followed by "pair" is used for pairing the phone, or so the instructions say.

Quote:
Have you had the HFT mic fix carried out, if not that could be why. Have a look in electronics section, there are 2 posts, Bluetooth HFt and Update on HFT Quality Problems, both explain the fix and have photos.
I've no idea. It's a new car (19th) so I hope so, but judging by the time it takes to work out I asked what the time is, I'm guessing not. Having not been able to pair the phone yet, I can't judge the clarity by any other means.

One thing I've not been able to find is the method of removing the plastic cover to see if the HFT fix has been done. I really don't want to snap off any plastic lugs etc.

Foddy

post #4 of 4 (permalink) Old 22nd September 2006, 10:32
Supporter

Send a message via MSN to Maldax
Yep you are pressing the wrong button! I did the same

even tho' I thought mine was fixed I managed to pop the cover off to check with my fingers under the front edges it poped off fine

Civinfo > 8th Generation Euro Honda Civic (2006 - 2011) > Electronics (8G)

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Civinfo forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
Your User Name is the name that appears by all your posts on the forum, and so should not be your email address.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page