Phone dension gateway (100/300) and BTA 1000 feedback - Civinfo

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 1 (permalink) Old 10th April 2008, 12:56 Thread Starter

dension gateway (100/300) and BTA 1000 feedback

Hi,

I was wondering what could be a good way to enhance the audio functionality of my car, keeping the original look completely. I found out that there exist mainly 2 interesting products: the Xcarlink (not sure if it works wich Civic 2006+) and dension Gateway (100/300).
In fact, both provide IPod/A2DP/HFT/USB mass-storage support. So far, so good.
Unfortunately, the Xcarlink comes with an extra microphone including accept/reject button. The dension BTA 1000 comes with only a microphone and accepting/rejecting is made through "Next" and "Back/Prev" buttons on the headunit or on the steering wheel. So I thought "GREAT".
And that's exactly where life kicks in and says "NOOOOOO" Thx to seiken, I found out that the BTA 1000 has serious echo on the calling partner side when used as hands free. This problem was also confirmed on a Porsche forum by owners of a Cayman in combination with the Gateway 500. Getting feedback from local dealers confirmed this also in some way... The following is what I received as response. The main reseller in Germany (ACV) told me, that they usually don't sell the BTA 1000 for hands free because it obviously doesn't work well. It's basically sold only for Bluetooth stereo (A2DP). Another dealer (maxxcount) told me that the BTA 1000 is not open for the german market due to compatibility problems, just like the echo.
IMHO, it's interesting that the main reseller doesn't mention this and the BTA 1000 is available at a german online shop (caraudio24). The latter could import it to germany, so this is no 100% confidence.
As seiken reported to me, the call is played back through all the car speakers, what could also be a reason for the echo, I think.

I just wanted to share this experience with you all, in case you plan to go for that solution. I probably will nevertheless buy it and have a try with the BTA 1000. If it doesnt work, I will ignore the hands free profile and use only A2DP and USB. If one day I will get an IPod, I also can connect it and at least control everything by the original buttons.

A final request. If someone knows a good hands free solution that can be controlled by the _original_ buttons, feel free to post it or drop me an email. The original Honda kit for the A-pillar is to expensive for what it does in my opinion. Furthermore, my Civic model at least (1.8 Sport), does provide some sort of microphone position in the box of the front interior lights in the ceiling. Fitting the microphone in there is my preferred solution.
I don't really want or need an additional display because I want the interior of my Civic to look completely original.

Regards,
DynoFK2

Civinfo > 8th Generation Euro Honda Civic (2006 - 2011) > Electronics (8G)

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Civinfo forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
Your User Name is the name that appears by all your posts on the forum, and so should not be your email address.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page