Parking Reverse Park System seems very quiet - Civinfo

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 12 (permalink) Old 16th April 2008, 01:07 Thread Starter

Reverse Park System seems very quiet

Do other Civic drivers with the Honda Reverse Park system find it a little quiet ?

We 'saved' our minor niggles with the car for the first service and having commented that the reverse park system was too quiet were told it was 'within manufacturers tolerances' (that old chestnut) and that the alternative was to move it with ensuing damaged trim....

My benchmark is the factory-fit Audi system in our other car which is easily audible over the stereo. By comparison - you have to turn the stereo off in the Civic and if you've left the window open (say from getting a car-park entrance ticket) then the external noise level (which isn't exactly loud given the Civic's other qualities) drowns out the reverse park system.

I guess that I think it's too quiet and wonder whether the dealer is reluctant to undertake a fix for some other reason (our service experience wasn't great to be honest). I appreciate that there are many variables - such as the dealer-fit 'variability' versus factory-fit, however have any other Civinfo readers experienced this and how did you fix it ?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 12 (permalink) Old 16th April 2008, 06:32
FWH
Administrator

Car: MX-5, C6 Vette & MB S212
Thanked 1,029 Times in 772 Posts
Mine is ok, need to turn the cd down though - could be a bit louder - would not hurt.

post #3 of 12 (permalink) Old 16th April 2008, 07:07
Administrator

Thanked 1,708 Times in 1,431 Posts
Mine's the opposite - too loud.

They fitted a non Honda set and put the bleeper behind the dash somewhere

post #4 of 12 (permalink) Old 16th April 2008, 09:02
Supporter

It's the Three Bears story; 'cause mine's just right.
post #5 of 12 (permalink) Old 16th April 2008, 09:46
Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by JohnH View Post
Do other Civic drivers with the Honda Reverse Park system find it a little quiet ?

We 'saved' our minor niggles with the car for the first service and having commented that the reverse park system was too quiet were told it was 'within manufacturers tolerances' (that old chestnut) and that the alternative was to move it with ensuing damaged trim....

My benchmark is the factory-fit Audi system in our other car which is easily audible over the stereo. By comparison - you have to turn the stereo off in the Civic and if you've left the window open (say from getting a car-park entrance ticket) then the external noise level (which isn't exactly loud given the Civic's other qualities) drowns out the reverse park system.

I guess that I think it's too quiet and wonder whether the dealer is reluctant to undertake a fix for some other reason (our service experience wasn't great to be honest). I appreciate that there are many variables - such as the dealer-fit 'variability' versus factory-fit, however have any other Civinfo readers experienced this and how did you fix it ?

Mine is fine... Beep comes from somewhere behind the dash... If I remember correctly, the demo car I tried had the beeps coming from the rear near side... Maybe there is a difference if the installation of the beeper is factory/dealer fit?

Cheers,

Bob...
post #6 of 12 (permalink) Old 16th April 2008, 10:47
Supporter

Car: 2016 HR-V EX-Nav 1.6D
The beeps on my EX are loud. I wish it could be a bit 'softer' on the ears really. I am not too keen on the beep when putting it into reverse gear. I don't need to be told I have just selected reverse....
post #7 of 12 (permalink) Old 16th April 2008, 11:11

Car: 2017 SR CVT
My EX has no beeps at all. Have been waiting 6 weeks for a speaker as Honda forgot to put it in when building the car. This speaker if I ever get it will I am told be fitted in the boot. The speaker is also used for the alarm which is also as loud as the beeps! i.e. nothing.
post #8 of 12 (permalink) Old 16th April 2008, 13:18
Administrator

Quote:
The speaker is also used for the alarm
Let's hope when you flop it in reverse the alarm doesn't go off then (once they locate a suitable speaker)
post #9 of 12 (permalink) Old 16th April 2008, 13:46
Supporter

I removed the board in the boot. Don't need it anyway since I have my windows tinted.
Now I hear the beep a lot better. Before that, it was too quiet indeed...
post #10 of 12 (permalink) Old 16th April 2008, 20:57
FWH
Administrator

Car: MX-5, C6 Vette & MB S212
Thanked 1,029 Times in 772 Posts
Different dealer have fitted the speaker in different places.

It is also sounding like (no pun intended) that even on 08 EXs the sensor are fitted by the dealers, not the factory.

post #11 of 12 (permalink) Old 17th April 2008, 07:08
Administrator

I would have thought that it's just a 12v mini siren. Maybe a more powerful one from Maplins could be wired in ?

The one in the boot of the IS200 was quite loud enough so maybe even source one from a rival manufacturer ?
post #12 of 12 (permalink) Old 17th April 2008, 10:05
Greek Subforum Moderator

Car: 2007 1.8 5 door, Black
Thanked 2,257 Times in 1,416 Posts
i think that it is loud enough. When i am parking i just turn the cd player volume down and everything is ok. Mine is a 07 model with dealer fitted parking sensors.

Civinfo > 8th Generation Euro Honda Civic (2006 - 2011) > Electronics (8G)

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Civinfo forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
Your User Name is the name that appears by all your posts on the forum, and so should not be your email address.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page