Phone Samsung D880 dual sim compatible with HFT? - Civinfo

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 5 (permalink) Old 29th April 2008, 22:41 Thread Starter

Samsung D880 dual sim compatible with HFT?

Has anyone succesfully connected the Samsung D880 dual sim cell phone with the sat nav HFT? It's not listed on Honda Handsfree yet. The D880 can receive calls on 2 simms simultaniously, I'm wondering if both simms can connect simultaniously to the Honda HFT.

Last edited by tcplugin; 29th April 2008 at 22:51.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 5 (permalink) Old 30th April 2008, 07:38
FWH
Administrator

Car: MX-5, C6 Vette & MB S212
Thanked 1,029 Times in 772 Posts
Not in here either I am afraid:

Bluetooth Phone Compatibility - Civinfo Wiki

Not sure how that dual sim thing would work - how can it know which to call out on? But then - how to other bluetooth items connect and work with it?

It is the bluetooth of the phone than connects - not the sim.

Does the car even know which sim is in a phone?
E.g. if I change the sim in my phone does it still connect and work as usual? I think it would work, but I have not tried.

post #3 of 5 (permalink) Old 1st May 2008, 12:06
Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by FWH View Post
Not in here either I am afraid:

Bluetooth Phone Compatibility - Civinfo Wiki

Not sure how that dual sim thing would work - how can it know which to call out on? But then - how to other bluetooth items connect and work with it?

It is the bluetooth of the phone than connects - not the sim.

Does the car even know which sim is in a phone?
E.g. if I change the sim in my phone does it still connect and work as usual? I think it would work, but I have not tried.
I've gotta agree - I'd assume that it's the bluetooth feature of your phone which connects to the cars....I doubt the cars bluetooth system can access any information on your sim(s) - the phone would take care of the accessing of the info on the sim(s), then just output what it needs to via the bluetooth....en short just using the bluetooth as a 'gateway' - so the cars bluetooth just receives whatever your phone throws at it, so it'd still be your phone making the choices with regards to which sim to use.......???

As I said, just an assumption.....may be totally wrong, but makes perfect sense to me!!!

post #4 of 5 (permalink) Old 2nd May 2008, 12:15

Data in SIM are not accessed :
- You cannot copy your directory into the HFT from the SIM (thus the pain trying to input some phone numbers in the HFT directory)
- Once the HFT dir contains number, you can dial with whichever phone is hooked to the car (I tryed this with my wife's phone and my own)
I'm gessing that the dual SIM stuff could be handled just like 2 different phones hooked at the same time to the HFT but that would require to pair the phone twice !
BTW I don't know how the HFT does when to different are hooked simultaneously and you want to make a call. I've got to try that.
post #5 of 5 (permalink) Old 6th May 2008, 10:20 Thread Starter
** Thread starter **

I have succesfully connected my dual sim phone with my Civic HFT

HFT phone setup is the same as with a normal phone, bluetooth works good and the outgoing number is the primary number of the your phone (SIM1 or SIM2). This primary number can be switched on the phone itself and requires a reboot of the phone...but it works fine. The advantage of the D880 is that you can be called on 2 different numbers at the same time

Last edited by tcplugin; 6th May 2008 at 14:58.

Civinfo > 8th Generation Euro Honda Civic (2006 - 2011) > Electronics (8G)

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Civinfo forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
Your User Name is the name that appears by all your posts on the forum, and so should not be your email address.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page