2006+ Honda Civic Forum banner

Best sat nav

Satnav 
3K views 12 replies 12 participants last post by  Kremmen 
#1 ·
I'm looking at getting some sort of sat nav, but im not sure which one, the tom tom looks good with the traffic and safety camera included, whats the best between tom tom, navman, garmin, i have about £150 to spend

#10 ·
#8 ·
IMO, you should primarily look for a device that has good reception, is accurate and recalculating fast if you drive wrong. It should also have a good map and upgrades comming regularely.

I own a Garmin nuvi 360 that I'm very happy with. It does all the above mentioned things. TomTom will also get the job done I guess.

I don't think you can go very wrong with either Garmin or TomTom, they're the top brands.

#12 ·
I would judge a good sat nav on:

Not having to buy new maps ever year
Having traffic information
Signal strength

I would go for TOMTOM the one TBH. Good deals out there.

#13 ·
If you decide on a TomTom then hang off a few weeks.

The TomTom One and ONEXL v4 is just around the corner, due for release this month. They were previewed in Amsterdam a few weeks ago.

It's slimmer than the v3 so easier to carry around.

Like the v3 though they have no SD card slot so you cannot expand the map content. If you think you may in the future want to add more maps then go for a model with a SD card.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.