Electrics 12v permanent live neededd - Civinfo

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 2 (permalink) Old 16th November 2014, 17:55 Thread Starter

12v permanent live neededd

I want to connect a accessory socket (cigar lighter type) in the rear loadspace of my 2014 Civic Tourer but it has to be a permanent live. Output will not need to be high as it will be used for charging a golf satnav or my phone when on the golf course. The ignition controlled one in the rear loadspace obviously is not of any use apart from when the ignition switch is swithced to accessory.
Would i be able to utilise one of the fuses(piggy back) in the drivers side fusebox under the dash or is there somewhere else more convenient.
For example when a towbar is fitted where does the permanent live come from on the 12s socket?
i would really appreciate some help on this.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 2 (permalink) Old 16th November 2014, 18:43
Syx
#MrGrumpy

Car: 2008 2.2 CTS GT
Thanked 2,657 Times in 2,260 Posts
Eco display
Send a message via Skype™ to Syx
There must be a 12V permanent live in the loom towards the rear, but not 100% sure without testing.

There is definitely a permanent live in the fusebox under the dash, check here http://www.civinfo.com/forum/how/640...connector.html
Thanks to Syx from:

Civinfo > 8th Generation Euro Honda Civic (2006 - 2011) > Electronics (8G)

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Civinfo forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
Your User Name is the name that appears by all your posts on the forum, and so should not be your email address.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page