Electrics Another drivers window problem :( - Civinfo

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 8 (permalink) Old 24th November 2014, 23:08 Thread Starter
Supporter

Car: 2008 2.2 CTS, Tangerine
Another drivers window problem :(

I've had a good search and intend to have a look at the car asap when I get chance.

The window has been working fine pretty much, on the odd occasion when I put the window up it comes back down automatically but after a couple of attempts it usually goes up and stays up... Until I got work tonight and it decided it didn't want to stay all the way up. The window goes right to the top and at last minute comes back down. After seeing posts on here I thought it must be the heko wind deflectors so I took it off and it still won't stay up I tried cleaning the channels and still no joy.

Luckily there's no power to the windows with the ignition off so had to put it up and then quickly turn the ignition off before it came back down.

I've seen the logic reset thing in the wiki I can try (if I can get my head around it) just wondering if anyone else has any ideas of what to look out for when I take the door card off.

Oh, also the window has developed a slight judder whilst in operation at times too. In guessing this is probably something to do with it too.

I'm tempted to try and spray some dwd 40 down the channels for a quick fix until I can look at it at the weekend.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 8 (permalink) Old 24th November 2014, 23:20
Supporter

Car: type s gt
There is a thread on here that tells you how to reset the window switches
post #3 of 8 (permalink) Old 25th November 2014, 10:20
Stage 3 Hybrid

Car: 56 Alabaster FN3
Thanked 2,328 Times in 1,784 Posts
Electric window reset procedure - Civinfo Wiki

Might be worth trying this first.

post #4 of 8 (permalink) Old 25th November 2014, 14:37 Thread Starter
Supporter
** Thread starter **

That was my first port of call when I got back from work. Surprisingly though the window decided to open and close without any problems so I didn't do the reset.

I'm sure this problem will arise again though.
I've also noticed that the window now judders when it goes down and when you put it all the way up the drivers door card moves ever so slightly so something's a miss and will need looking at. At least the windows up now though and I can have a look at the weekend.

Cheers for the replies
post #5 of 8 (permalink) Old 28th November 2014, 12:19
Dervinator

Car: 2007 iCDTI 2.2, Milano red
I suffer from that on the drivers window.. I'm assuming I've put too much insulation behind it.

What I do when the bugger just wont stay up is... a couple of seconds before the window reaches the top I open and shut the door !!

Works every time !
post #6 of 8 (permalink) Old 28th November 2014, 15:45 Thread Starter
Supporter
** Thread starter **

Quote:
Originally Posted by Civic_Outcast View Post
I suffer from that on the drivers window.. I'm assuming I've put too much insulation behind it.

What I do when the bugger just wont stay up is... a couple of seconds before the window reaches the top I open and shut the door !!

Works every time !

Cheers for the tip mate :thumbup: oddly enough the windows been working perfect and I haven't touched it so I'll have to see if this problem crops up again.
post #7 of 8 (permalink) Old 28th November 2014, 18:06
Nae Bother...

Car: 2008 CTR GT, Milano Red
Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by stokiedan View Post
Cheers for the tip mate :thumbup: oddly enough the windows been working perfect and I haven't touched it so I'll have to see if this problem crops up again.
I've got this problem with my drivers window (think it's because I've installed Hekos) and I've noticed that it's only when I use the Auto feature instead of manually adjusting it, if you manually adjust it all the way up instead of pulling the button so the window goes up without you having to touch it then it will stay up. Real pain but it's there so you don't chop your arm off haha. Try this and hopefully it works, just takes longer to put your window up which is an inconvenience.
post #8 of 8 (permalink) Old 28th November 2014, 19:13 Thread Starter
Supporter
** Thread starter **

I always thought my problem was due to the hekos but taking it off the drivers side made no difference. I'm planning on putting the wind deflector back on tomorrow as I actually miss it lol if the problem comes back I'll have a play around with it

Civinfo > 8th Generation Euro Honda Civic (2006 - 2011) > Electronics (8G)

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Civinfo forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
Your User Name is the name that appears by all your posts on the forum, and so should not be your email address.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page