Phone Bluetooth Options - Civinfo
 
LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 11 (permalink) Old 11th June 2008, 19:13 Thread Starter
 
high.pressure's Avatar
 
Join Date: 27th May 2008
Location: Nr Bicester, Oxon ENGLAND
Posts: 91
Thanks: 2
Thanked 1 Time in 1 Post
iTrader: (1)
Bluetooth Options

Hi Guys, I pick up my car in a about a weeks time and will need to get a handsfree kit fitted for my mobile pretty quick after.

I have read through all the posts (god I am spending hours on this forum, but it is a great source of un-biased information) and would like peoples opinion on the following;

1) Is the Honda bluetooth kit at 350 worth it ?

2) There are quite a few posts about the Parrot kit, have you had it and would you recommend it ?

3) Apart from Parrot has anybody has another make installed ?

As this will be my "Company" car and I will be doing 30k + miles a year I want to make as much as an informed decision as I can about what to do.

If you can post with photos that have not already been seen then brilliant

I apprecaite all comments

Steve
high.pressure is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
post #2 of 11 (permalink) Old 11th June 2008, 19:27
 
KE_DK's Avatar
 
Join Date: 11th September 2006
Location: Denmark DK
Posts: 47
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
iTrader: (0)
Hi Steve.

I have the Parrot 3200 LS-Color installed in my Civic. This HF kit is brilliant.
I have used other HF kits before, but none of those are as good as the Parrot.

The attached image shows that I have installed the screen of the Kit in the console betweens the front seats. This works great for me, only drawback is that you have to look a great deal away from the road, when looking at the screen. As the kit has really great voice recognition, this is not really a problem.

Hope this helps.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg DSC00375.jpg (94.2 KB, 162 views)
KE_DK is offline  
post #3 of 11 (permalink) Old 11th June 2008, 19:54
The Talented Mr. Robbieee
 
Robbieee's Avatar
 
Car: Ford Fiesta Zetec S
Join Date: 27th September 2007
Location: Glasvegas SCOTLAND
Posts: 3,295
Thanks: 105
Thanked 135 Times in 132 Posts
iTrader: (14)
Quote:
Originally Posted by KE_DK View Post
Hi Steve.

I have the Parrot 3200 LS-Color installed in my Civic. This HF kit is brilliant.
I have used other HF kits before, but none of those are as good as the Parrot.

The attached image shows that I have installed the screen of the Kit in the console betweens the front seats. This works great for me, only drawback is that you have to look a great deal away from the road, when looking at the screen. As the kit has really great voice recognition, this is not really a problem.

Hope this helps.
I have the 3200LS aswell and i can vouch for that 100%! I dunno about the Honda HFT. But as aftermarket kits go the 3200 is great!

see http://www.civinfo.com/forum/electro...ot-3200ls.html
Robbieee is offline  
 
post #4 of 11 (permalink) Old 11th June 2008, 19:54
 
Join Date: 16th May 2008
Location: West Yorks ...Near Lancs/N Yorks Border GB
Posts: 98
Thanks: 3
Thanked 3 Times in 3 Posts
iTrader: (0)
I have the parrot 6100 in mine

and I stream all my bluetooth music through it too.
I put a thread up on here somewhere.....I'll try and find it
Nice piece of kit
fickel is offline  
post #5 of 11 (permalink) Old 11th June 2008, 19:55
 
Join Date: 16th May 2008
Location: West Yorks ...Near Lancs/N Yorks Border GB
Posts: 98
Thanks: 3
Thanked 3 Times in 3 Posts
iTrader: (0)
fickel is offline  
post #6 of 11 (permalink) Old 11th June 2008, 20:00
The Talented Mr. Robbieee
 
Robbieee's Avatar
 
Car: Ford Fiesta Zetec S
Join Date: 27th September 2007
Location: Glasvegas SCOTLAND
Posts: 3,295
Thanks: 105
Thanked 135 Times in 132 Posts
iTrader: (14)
Personally i wouldnt stream music, bit rate too crap. Cabled all the way lol
Robbieee is offline  
post #7 of 11 (permalink) Old 14th June 2008, 00:42
 
Join Date: 23rd June 2007
Posts: 94
Thanks: 0
Thanked 2 Times in 2 Posts
iTrader: (0)
On reflection!

Hi Steve - look no further,

I have just fitted the most innovative, simplest phone kit I have ever seen - no cables no drilling.
It's called Seecode Vossor, it's German and it is a clip-on rear view mirror with a difference. It is Bluetooth and your phone connects to the mirror automatically when a call comes in and the mirror then becomes your phone as it has a built-in speaker. The callers name/number comes up on the mirror and there is a volume control button. You can load your phone numbers into the mirror and it is also voice activated if you choose although I have not tried this facility yet. It all sounds too good to be true for only 69.96 + p&p from a well known TV shopping channel. (QVC)
Finally, it claims to be a legal H/free kit.
I am knocked out by the quality and it just clips over any car mirror.
Check it out!

Eddie.

Quote:
Originally Posted by high.pressure View Post
Hi Guys, I pick up my car in a about a weeks time and will need to get a handsfree kit fitted for my mobile pretty quick after.

I have read through all the posts (god I am spending hours on this forum, but it is a great source of un-biased information) and would like peoples opinion on the following;

1) Is the Honda bluetooth kit at 350 worth it ?

2) There are quite a few posts about the Parrot kit, have you had it and would you recommend it ?

3) Apart from Parrot has anybody has another make installed ?

As this will be my "Company" car and I will be doing 30k + miles a year I want to make as much as an informed decision as I can about what to do.

If you can post with photos that have not already been seen then brilliant

I apprecaite all comments

Steve
Eddie is offline  
post #8 of 11 (permalink) Old 14th June 2008, 12:57 Thread Starter
** Thread starter **
 
high.pressure's Avatar
 
Join Date: 27th May 2008
Location: Nr Bicester, Oxon ENGLAND
Posts: 91
Thanks: 2
Thanked 1 Time in 1 Post
iTrader: (1)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Eddie View Post
Hi Steve - look no further,

I have just fitted the most innovative, simplest phone kit I have ever seen - no cables no drilling.
It's called Seecode Vossor, it's German and it is a clip-on rear view mirror with a difference. It is Bluetooth and your phone connects to the mirror automatically when a call comes in and the mirror then becomes your phone as it has a built-in speaker. The callers name/number comes up on the mirror and there is a volume control button. You can load your phone numbers into the mirror and it is also voice activated if you choose although I have not tried this facility yet. It all sounds too good to be true for only 69.96 + p&p from a well known TV shopping channel. (QVC)
Finally, it claims to be a legal H/free kit.
I am knocked out by the quality and it just clips over any car mirror.
Check it out!

Eddie.

Thanks Eddie, I will check it out

Do like the look of the parrot though, especially if I can use the steering wheel audio controls to use it

Steve
high.pressure is offline  
post #9 of 11 (permalink) Old 17th June 2008, 14:48
 
Join Date: 19th May 2008
Location: Bristol, UK ENGLAND
Posts: 158
Thanks: 3
Thanked 8 Times in 8 Posts
iTrader: (0)
Send a message via MSN to RabidManx
Can you use the steering wheel controls? I thought they would not work???
RabidManx is offline  
post #10 of 11 (permalink) Old 18th June 2008, 08:46 Thread Starter
** Thread starter **
 
high.pressure's Avatar
 
Join Date: 27th May 2008
Location: Nr Bicester, Oxon ENGLAND
Posts: 91
Thanks: 2
Thanked 1 Time in 1 Post
iTrader: (1)
Quote:
Originally Posted by RabidManx View Post
Can you use the steering wheel controls? I thought they would not work???
Based upon the "how to" by opjepass

http://www.civinfo.com/forum/how/760...isolation.html

I am assuming that using the multicom box gives you that functionality

Steve
high.pressure is offline  
post #11 of 11 (permalink) Old 18th June 2008, 09:56
Supporter
 
Join Date: 6th August 2006
Location: England ENGLAND
Posts: 2,763
Thanks: 44
Thanked 65 Times in 56 Posts
iTrader: (0)
allan40alt is offline  
Reply

  Civinfo > 8th Generation Euro Honda Civic (2006 - 2011) > Electronics (8G)

Quick Reply
Message:
Options

Register Now



In order to be able to post messages on the Civinfo forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
Your User Name is the name that appears by all your posts on the forum, and so should not be your email address.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:


Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in










Thread Tools
Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page



Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Options Options Kremmen Buying, Dealers and Servicing 6 8th March 2008 11:37
Options Dilemma? magicedd1970 Introduce yourself 4 22nd November 2007 18:56
Options What options? FWH Buying, Dealers and Servicing 18 9th June 2007 19:23
Options What options? smb09_1999 Buying, Dealers and Servicing 2 2nd March 2007 14:07
2.2 EX options dondon Introduce yourself 13 21st February 2007 01:36

Posting Rules  
You may post new threads
You may post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On

 
For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome