Electrics Bluetooth and Iphone fun!! - Civinfo

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 7 (permalink) Old 30th June 2008, 15:48 Thread Starter

Bluetooth and Iphone fun!!

Hey all,

Long time reader, first post (forgive me if I am repeating things already asked…I did look promise)

I have had my Type R GT for under a year and extremely pleased with almost everything aside from the Iphone connection.

I had the IPOD connection installed for free by the dealer and I have attempted everything but I can not get it to work, with any reliability, on my iPod classic or iphone. It merely charges and plays tracks at random when it’s not telling me I have an error. I have tried the different playlists etc and its not playing ball.

Thinking Bluetooth might be the way to go.

Forgetting that the iphone can not stream music via Bluetooth (without buying extras) for a moment my question is: would the Honda installed Bluetooth kit allow the streaming of music to the stereo?

I know there are other things you can install yourself, but honestly I am the least technical minded individual and could not fit it myself. Halfords is an option but to be honest the place doesn’t fill me with confidence. So seemingly (unless anyone can suggestion an alternative installation centre near Essex) it will be a Honda fitted Bluetooth set-up (£350 ouch). Will this accept streamed music?

Cheers in advance guys!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 7 (permalink) Old 30th June 2008, 19:37
The Talented Mr. Robbieee

Car: Ford Fiesta Zetec S
Welcome welcome welcome!

For 350 you would be able to get a parrot bluetooth handsfree + ipod connection fitted!

Parrot 80 quid
DICE ipod adaptor 80 quid

+ fitting from a local ICE/stereo shop.

I have both Parrot bluetooth+DICE adaptor+ iphone. Wors a treat! You can navigate via the ipod directly and control through the steering wheel. Also any calls are picked up by the bluetooth. Its simple and works very well!

Any questions feel free to ask but thats what i would do if i were you. The honda ipod connection that you got for free is crap! I wouldnt even get it fitted it was free!!

Robbie

P.s. I dont trust halfords either
P.p.s The quality of streamed music is no where near as good as if it were cabled...
post #3 of 7 (permalink) Old 30th June 2008, 23:42

I may be wrong but I think bluetooth is mono. After all it wasn't invented for streaming music. It was invented for headsets. I know you can get bt headphones but they have a special transmitters.

post #4 of 7 (permalink) Old 1st July 2008, 12:01

It started out mono, but the protocol is now extended to stereo for the very purpose of streaming music.
post #5 of 7 (permalink) Old 1st July 2008, 14:31

what about quality?
I'd say wired would be best. But then what would take second place. Bt or fm transmitter?
post #6 of 7 (permalink) Old 1st July 2008, 15:29 Thread Starter
** Thread starter **

Cheers for the advice...might consult the yellow pages for anywhere near me to install it!
post #7 of 7 (permalink) Old 2nd July 2008, 18:40 Thread Starter
** Thread starter **

hey guys another quick-ish question.

I was thinking of using Just Ice (Just ICE) in essex to install my iphone soluation.

I phoned them and they suggested the Alpine iDA X100 which if i understand is head unit? perhaps the guy is unaware of the civic but i thought the head unit could not be removed/changed?

anyways cheers again

Civinfo > 8th Generation Euro Honda Civic (2006 - 2011) > Electronics (8G)

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Civinfo forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
Your User Name is the name that appears by all your posts on the forum, and so should not be your email address.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page