Phone Bluetooth Handsfree Calling Problem. - Civinfo

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 7 (permalink) Old 2nd July 2008, 15:51 Thread Starter

Bluetooth Handsfree Calling Problem.

Hi all,
Has or does anyone have any problems making calls from there mobile via the hands free ??? I have a nokia N73 and have paired it with no problems, i can receive calls no problem, but if i try to make a call via hands free it try's and then says connecting, but as soon as it it should start to dial it disconnects my blue tooth which is very frustrating.
I cant even use the redial trick, i can make a call on my mobile then transfer to hands free but it is a pain, and however you are speaking too must think I'm a right idiot.
If i un-pair the phone and re-pair it it will then work for a couple of calls, but always goes back to the same saga as above !!!
I have a EX civic with the steering wheel mounted handsfree controls, does anyone have this prob ? or is it my phone ? which i have also upgraded firmware but still same annoying problem.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 7 (permalink) Old 2nd July 2008, 23:52
Infidel

Can't say i've ever experienced this issue with my HFT when its paired with my iPhone.

The Mrs has an LG Viewty and that has paired up and dials ok too, so it could well be your phone.

I wonder if other N73 users are having the same problem as you, will have to wait and see if you get any posts from them
post #3 of 7 (permalink) Old 3rd July 2008, 14:35

jaf,

Have you checked the Honda phone compatibility list to make sure the N73 marries up ok with the Honda hands free? There maybe a conflict!

If you haven't, you can check the list in the wiki (I think)

post #4 of 7 (permalink) Old 3rd July 2008, 16:46

Civic Type S GT 2.2 D with Sat Nav, rear parking sensors, Blade 18" wheels.
I have had a Sony Ericsson 910i which is great for recieving call, voice activate calls etc but if you try and select from the handset a preiviously dialed number it only goes through the handset and you have to pick it up to speak. I understand that this is how honda have designed it, which is a bit lame as you cannot even bluetooth your phonebook to the system. So unless you have a photographic memory most phones dont actually work on the honda system.
Incedently Honda have updated there site and have recently found that my 910i is now not compatible.

This must be a common fault and explains why people go for a Parrott type system. Im sure Honda could give the dealers an update for our system that fixe's this problem.
post #5 of 7 (permalink) Old 8th July 2008, 12:08

I tried dialing out on Millie the other day and it actually understood my commands, but when it tried to connect me it just gave a busy tone and gave up.

I repeated the command again and got a similar response.

.....tried several times more and then gave up.

When I had got home I found that when I dumped my Samsung in my shirt pocket it somehow went to 'Call Log' mode.

I went back usual display, tried again, perfect!

"M.P.'s are not always wrong,
But they are always wrong at the wrong moment!"

Last edited by Charles_Harding; 8th July 2008 at 12:58.
post #6 of 7 (permalink) Old 8th July 2008, 12:51
Civic gone, not forgotten

Car: Pug 4007, 308CC, Clio dci
I am having a few issues with my N95 on a non Honda handfree, I hear the Symbian Nokias have a few compatability issues.
post #7 of 7 (permalink) Old 8th July 2008, 13:21
R - 11859

Car: 2008 Type R-GT Silver
Iam having problems with my N95 so it must be related to the Nokia

The pairing deletes it's self maybe once a fortnight for some unknown reason.

Civinfo > 8th Generation Euro Honda Civic (2006 - 2011) > Electronics (8G)

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Civinfo forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
Your User Name is the name that appears by all your posts on the forum, and so should not be your email address.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page