2006+ Honda Civic Forum banner

Bluetooth phone systems

Mounts 
2K views 8 replies 8 participants last post by  HappyMan 
#1 ·
Gonna get a bluetooth handsfree phone system but I've got a few questions:
1. Has anybody got a Bury 9060, do you like/reccomend it? Where is it installed?
2. Would you reccomend the Parrot?

#4 ·
The parrot 6100 is good and allows gigs of music in the car,digitally amped and the display and remote clip off to hide easilly.
Also updates via a bluetooth laptop connection so is reasonably future proof

http://www.civinfo.com/forum/ipods-mp3-players-ice/14659-8gig-music-my-type-s.html
Do you use the N95's sat nav features?
I've got a N82 & I would like the sat nav voice commands to come through the speakers but I don't know if the bury or parrot support this.
cheers

#3 ·
Having used both parrot ck3100 and the 3200LS, i would say parrot is the way to go! Havnt heard of the other make but you can go wrong with a parrot really.

#5 ·
I have the Parrot CK3100 LCD and I can not fault it. Easy to use and easy to hide all components. Quality is also very good at both ends!

One piece of advice is ensure that your phone is fully compatable before buying as my old phone did not send my phone numbers over automatically but everything else worked fine.

#7 ·
Thought you could slip in without being noticed eh?

You are new here and you must get that friendly welcome that becomes of a great site.

Introducing CW18

Welcome laddie, enjoy the fun!

Care, paint colour, interests?

"If women really dressed for men,
The stores wouldn't sell much.
......just the occasional sunvisor!"

#6 ·
I bought this a tempory stop gap while my Honda HFT is on order

Parrot Mini Kit Sunvisor Bluetooth Car Kit

The Parrot MINIKIT again tested in first place with a score of 2.4. This scorereflects the Parrot MINIKIT's superiority in terms of quality, clarity and intelligibility of the listener's voice, transmitted by the Parrot MINIKIT and its speaker. These are basic and determining criteria for the use of a hands free kit whilst in the car.​

High-fidelity sound

The Parrot MINIKIT is a Bluetooth hands-free kit. It features the very latest generation of DSP-2 signal processing algorithms and a high-definition 2W speaker for crystal clear conversations in any situation.​

It follows you everywhere

It attaches to the car's sun visor and can easily be slipped into your pocket thanks to its small size and lightweight design - a mere 104g. It has its own battery, offering 10 hours' talk time and over a week on standby.​

It recognises your voice

The Parrot MINIKIT is designed to simplify your calls via the user-defined voiceprints (max.150/phone). It uses its own, not the phone's, voice recognition feature, thereby avoiding any need to handle the phone whilsit in the car for greater safety at the wheel.​

A universal Bluetooth solution

The Parrot MINIKIT hands-free kit is 100% Bluetooth compatible; therefore if works with practically all Bluetooth mobile phones.​

Technical And Commercial Specifications
  • 3 button user interface
  • 2W Hi-Fi speaker
  • Omnidirectional microphone
  • DSP-2 signal processing algorithms
  • Built-in voice recognition software
  • Pairing: up to five phones
  • Recharging time: three hours maximum
  • Talk time:10 hours
  • Standby time: over 275 hours

Bluetooth
  • Bluetooth v1.2
  • Profiles supported
  • Headset Profile
  • Hands-free Profile
  • Object Push Profile
  • Max range: 10 mtrs
  • Phone pairing: by PIN code
  • Software updates by Bluetooth

#9 ·
I simply use my Tom-tom as a handsfree unit and it works really well! I am very happy with it and so far people have not really known they are talking to me on a handsfree system so that is a good response

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.