Phone Bluetooth - Civinfo

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 3 (permalink) Old 11th January 2015, 17:54 Thread Starter

Bluetooth

I was cleaning my 1.8 today as it was terribly filthy, and when hoovering the driver side I saw a wire dangling... came to the conclusion it was a Parrot bluetooth kit when the small control knob/buttons also dropped out from under the steering wheel, all connected and lit up.

I pulled the car apart to discover what I actually had, and came to the conclusion it is a Parrot CK3000, presumably hidden by the dealer when preparing the car for sale. However I have now noticed that the kit does not power down when the car is turned off, it must have been like this since I bought the car nearly two month ago.

Anybody got any experience of this kit in their car? I tried to trace the wires to see if they are connected to the right one (ignition not constant) however trying to see where the wires go is near impossible

The kit only uses power for the small control box and two LED's, and has obviously been switched on constantly for some time... not sure what impact it really has on my battery, or whether I should be out there disconnecting the kit till its sorted?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 3 (permalink) Old 11th January 2015, 19:44
Supporter

Just pulled a ck3100 out of the wifes old car, so there should be orange and red wires going to the control box, they just need to be swapped over, if they havn't hacked the wiring loom to much there are two in line fuse holders you can just swap the caps and that should work. I have had to do this a number of times when refitting to different cars.
post #3 of 3 (permalink) Old 28th January 2015, 19:06
Supporter

Car: 2006 2.2cdti
Had parrot bluetooth in my 2 previous cars and they do sometimes freeze/crash so when you turn the car of the parrot stays all lit up, quick and easy fix is to disconnect power wire from parrot control box for a couple of seconds, reconnect and all fixed.

Civinfo > 8th Generation Euro Honda Civic (2006 - 2011) > Electronics (8G)

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Civinfo forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
Your User Name is the name that appears by all your posts on the forum, and so should not be your email address.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page