Electrics The Solution, USB Charger not working in ciggy lighter socket - Civinfo

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 4 (permalink) Old 28th January 2015, 19:34 Thread Starter
Supporter

Car: 2006 2.2cdti
The Solution, USB Charger not working in ciggy lighter socket

Just got my 2006 civic and finding my way round it and i had a problem with usb charger not working in the front socket but ok in rear accessory socket.

The problem is the shape of some adapters and if you look into the cigarette lighter you will see some small bits of plastic sticking up from the base of the lighter socket, these are stopping the adapter going down far enough. I used a file and filed a small amount of plastic away from the bottom of the adapter and hey presto charger now fits and works perfect.

Hope someone finds this useful.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 4 (permalink) Old 28th January 2015, 22:49
Supporter

Car: 2006 2.2 ctdi Sport
Yeah - I've found this too - I modified my adapter with a slightly longer pin so it would make contact.
post #3 of 4 (permalink) Old 29th January 2015, 05:21
Administrator

Thanked 1,708 Times in 1,431 Posts
We've posted about this before but with USB adapters, some are longer than others.

post #4 of 4 (permalink) Old 29th January 2015, 15:21 Thread Starter
Supporter
** Thread starter **

Car: 2006 2.2cdti
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kremmen View Post
We've posted about this before but with USB adapters, some are longer than others.
Yes i have seen a good few posts but they seem to rely on getting just the right adapter, where mine seemed to short to reach, it was only because the width of the adapter would not go past the plastic bits in the base of lighter socket, removed a small amount of plastic from adapter and alls good

Civinfo > 8th Generation Euro Honda Civic (2006 - 2011) > Electronics (8G)

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Civinfo forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
Your User Name is the name that appears by all your posts on the forum, and so should not be your email address.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page