Phone Which hands free? - HTC Touch Dual - Civinfo

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 9 (permalink) Old 18th August 2008, 18:26 Thread Starter

Which hands free? - HTC Touch Dual

Well as per the subject line. I've tried searching (i may have missed a key thread so sorry if I have) but sometimes it's better to ask directly:

So... what's it to be, a Parrot kit that is compatible (I hear the MK6100 is problematic with HTC handsets)... or the exorbitant Honda kit... or just stick with an earpiece & remember to charge it...!!!

Not a complete cheapskate, just want to garner some opinions

I thankyou for your patience...
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 9 (permalink) Old 18th August 2008, 19:04

It would appear that all the Parrot kits have problems with the HTC phones and other Windows Mobile 6 devices. I have the CK3100 which is fine with bog standard Nokia/Motorola etc but didn't work correctly with my HTC Touch, an LG Viewty or My current Motorola Motoroka E6.
post #3 of 9 (permalink) Old 18th August 2008, 19:17 Thread Starter
** Thread starter **

OK.. I did check with my Halfrauds who tried to tell me everything is fine & dandy with Parrot units. It's a bit pants that (just had a look) the Parrot site says that the lesser Parrot units are compatible.

post #4 of 9 (permalink) Old 18th August 2008, 22:24

The problem with the higher end Parrot units, the ones that import the phone book so allow dialling from the Parrot and voice dial, don't sync properly with the HTCs etc. They still work in that on incoming call can be answered from the Parrot and if you instigate a call from the phone itself it goes through the hands free but they don't show your contacts, the battery level of the phone or the signal strength as they are supposed to.
post #5 of 9 (permalink) Old 19th August 2008, 10:01

I bought one of these - Supertooth Voice - Buetooth Handsfree Text To Speech ! and it's one of the cheapest ways to go handsfree with a very clear speaker and no problems downloading the phone book.
Thanks to simon1 from:
post #6 of 9 (permalink) Old 19th August 2008, 18:54 Thread Starter
** Thread starter **

Hi Simon, was that with an HTC phone like mine then? Seeing as my contacts are in Outlook format?

post #7 of 9 (permalink) Old 19th August 2008, 22:00 Thread Starter
** Thread starter **

Simon, have been reading up on this device - indeed it looks really good.

Do i have to have it on the visor - can it be somehow coerced onto the dash? have you tried such things?
post #8 of 9 (permalink) Old 20th August 2008, 09:17

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lord of the Badgers View Post
Hi Simon, was that with an HTC phone like mine then? Seeing as my contacts are in Outlook format?

Not sure - I have a Sony Ericsson K800 and it downloaded the phone book as soon as it first paired up. I'd send them an email to see if they know.
post #9 of 9 (permalink) Old 20th August 2008, 09:22

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lord of the Badgers View Post
Simon, have been reading up on this device - indeed it looks really good.

Do i have to have it on the visor - can it be somehow coerced onto the dash? have you tried such things?
TBH, the best place for it is on the visor. It means the mic is directly in front of you and even in the worst area, I find that I don't feel I have to hide it as it can't be easily seen by a passerby. Having said that, it takes two seconds to pull it off the metal clip and stuff it into the armrest. Not sure where else you could place it as there are no magnetic surfaces on the dash and the metal clip isn't really shaped for anything other than the visor. When you want to lower the visor, you simply pull off the unit and then it attaches to the other side of the clip when the visor is lowered. Done in seconds.

The only downside I have with it is the constantly flashing blue led that tells you it's connected - it's quite annoying at night but I put a tiny bit of black tape over it and now it's not a problem

Civinfo > 8th Generation Euro Honda Civic (2006 - 2011) > Electronics (8G)

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Civinfo forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
Your User Name is the name that appears by all your posts on the forum, and so should not be your email address.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page