Mounts Steering wheel controls, how to remove plastic cover? - Civinfo

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 4 (permalink) Old 22nd August 2008, 12:16 Thread Starter

Steering wheel controls, how to remove plastic cover?

Hi,

I'm trying to find steering wheel controls for my carpc.
- I don't know how to pull the wires from the steering wheel to my pc, so it needs to be bluetooth/rf wireless control.
- Controls should be small enough to fit in steering wheels empty location. Look at the pic. It's that marked area, where handsfree buttons are if they are installed in factory. In my car, there's no buttons because I don't have factory installed hf.

If I find suitable wireless device, how can I remove that empty plastic cover and fit my device there? There's couple of screws in bottom, but it seems that they don't loosen that cover.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg Steeringwheel.jpg (48.2 KB, 313 views)
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 4 (permalink) Old 23rd August 2008, 17:54

Ive thinking in use the original bluetooth buttons to operate with my parrot. It cost 64€ (I saw it on Electronic Part Catalogue v13 Honda).

Are you mounting one carpc? Please give me information about it, Im thinking the same project
post #3 of 4 (permalink) Old 23rd August 2008, 21:25

You might need to be careful with radio signals very close to the steering wheel air bag, bluetooth could effect the air bag system!

Car PC does sound cool though and running say tomtom on it, now that would be good to see

post #4 of 4 (permalink) Old 23rd August 2008, 22:54 Thread Starter
** Thread starter **

Hmm...any additional info about the original bluetooth buttons? Are they operatable with any bluetooth device like carpc, or what's the "thing"?
Here's my carpc post, and newest pics in the end.. http://www.civinfo.com/forum/ipods-m...deep-bass.html

If you want to do it in same way, you basically need laptop or minipc, touchscreen, and front-end. Hardest part is to get everything look nice, hide cables and get power to the devices.

Civinfo > 8th Generation Euro Honda Civic (2006 - 2011) > Electronics (8G)

Tags
steering wheel controls

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Civinfo forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
Your User Name is the name that appears by all your posts on the forum, and so should not be your email address.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page