Battery Yuasa battery - Civinfo

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 4 (permalink) Old 11th April 2015, 19:35 Thread Starter

Car: 2007 2.2 5 door Galaxy grey
Question Yuasa battery

Fitted a new Yuasa YBX3096 battery 11 months ago,and the engine barely turned over 2 days ago.Nice warm day,no prior warning at all.Checked A/C relay for rattles,all quiet.Motor factor exchanged battery without a quibble.There were no sparks from terminals when new battery connected,so nothing drawing current when it shouldn't, I suppose?? The new battery is working well so far after several short journeys. Any opinions/experiences most welcome
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 4 (permalink) Old 12th April 2015, 17:39

Quote:
Originally Posted by Welsh John View Post
Fitted a new Yuasa YBX3096 battery 11 months ago,and the engine barely turned over 2 days ago.Nice warm day,no prior warning at all.Checked A/C relay for rattles,all quiet.Motor factor exchanged battery without a quibble.There were no sparks from terminals when new battery connected,so nothing drawing current when it shouldn't, I suppose?? The new battery is working well so far after several short journeys. Any opinions/experiences most welcome
Probably a "one off". I happened to me once with a Varta battery on FIAT Bravo HGT which lasted about a month, changed it for a new one (supplying motorfactor was adamant it was the alternator - which it wasn't - remarkable, for Italian electrics), fitted a new Varta battery - problem free.

Apart from everything else electrical, of course.............
Thanks to warwick_hunt from:
post #3 of 4 (permalink) Old 12th April 2015, 17:49
Stage 3 Hybrid

Car: 56 Alabaster FN3
Thanked 2,328 Times in 1,784 Posts
You sure that you bought the right model for the 2.2 ?

YBX3096 ?

After much research I bought a Yuasa 12v 80Ah 760A Silver Car Battery YBX5096 (HSB096) SEALED 5 YEAR WARRANTY from Fleabay for 75 delivered last December.

What warranty did your original one come with and what was it rated to ?

Glad the seller replaced it, hope replacement lasts. Should do, if it's the correct one for your car.
Thanks to messiahontrial from:

post #4 of 4 (permalink) Old 12th April 2015, 18:41 Thread Starter
** Thread starter **

Car: 2007 2.2 5 door Galaxy grey
Well,they double checked and said it was the right one for a 2.2. No idea what the warranty was,but it is rated to 75Ah and 650A.The Varta battery which was on the car whenI bought it (original..I don't know!) was 74Ah and 680A.If this one goes,I think I'll have a go with a 5096 as you suggest.

Civinfo > 8th Generation Euro Honda Civic (2006 - 2011) > Electronics (8G)

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Civinfo forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
Your User Name is the name that appears by all your posts on the forum, and so should not be your email address.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page