Electrics fixing broken electric wing mirror - Civinfo

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 1 (permalink) Old 23rd April 2015, 19:49 Thread Starter

fixing broken electric wing mirror

hi guys

yesterday i found out some undesirable had pushed my drivers side wing mirror the wrong way (away from car) I pushed it back but upon testing the mirror will only fold a tiny amount sometimes not at all , Iv read about the resistor bug but am sure the undesirable vandals have damaged something more.

Took it to a local garage who didnt even bother to take apart , just said most likely teeth on motor broken and to get a new unit !

Any chance this is a issue I can fix by replacing a part on the motor or do I have to get a whole new wing mirror as these are sealed units ??

many thanks

Gokhan

ps can someone link to a take apart guide as I'm confused which method is best to diagnose or get acces to the internals

Civinfo > 8th Generation Euro Honda Civic (2006 - 2011) > Electronics (8G)

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Civinfo forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
Your User Name is the name that appears by all your posts on the forum, and so should not be your email address.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page