AC/Heater A/C not blowing cold air - Civinfo

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 8 (permalink) Old 3rd May 2015, 16:15 Thread Starter
Supporter

Car: 2006 1.8 5 door
A/C not blowing cold air

Has anyone got any idea about this please ? Ac wasn't working at all,been to kwick fit ,they couldn't work it out. Now the compressor kicks in ,fans running at low speed .tried changing the black Omron relay .got one engine check light which is ect sensor 2 high input.. any ideas guys..
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 8 (permalink) Old 3rd May 2015, 16:19
Supporter

Car: 56 2.2 I-ctdi
I had this problem recently. Tried everything in the book. Thought no way it could be something as simple as a re gas but hey presto. One gas top up later everything was hunky dorey dontean to be patronising but have you checked that?
post #3 of 8 (permalink) Old 3rd May 2015, 16:46 Thread Starter
Supporter
** Thread starter **

Quote:
Originally Posted by amen1633 View Post
I had this problem recently. Tried everything in the book. Thought no way it could be something as simple as a re gas but hey presto. One gas top up later everything was hunky dorey dontean to be patronising but have you checked that?
I was thinking it needs gasing that's why I took to kwick fit .but they said could be something else

post #4 of 8 (permalink) Old 19th May 2015, 12:41
Supporter

Car: 2008 Civic Type S GT Silver
A Known fault for this is the rectifier in the Fuse box under the engine faults. Honda have recognised this and have now changed the supplier. See Cox Motor parts for the new part. Around the 25 mark I beleive. See >>>HERE FOR PART<<<
There is a thread on here about it. >>>HERE<<<

It maybe simply a case of a regas, they can check it for you at the garage and see what levels you are at. Im going to bite the bullet and Re-Gas and Replace the rectifier this month ready for summer!
post #5 of 8 (permalink) Old 19th May 2015, 13:25 Thread Starter
Supporter
** Thread starter **

Update: found out that my ac working after two days,but ony after reaching 40-50 mph
post #6 of 8 (permalink) Old 19th May 2015, 13:38
Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by philcarr24 View Post
A Known fault for this is the rectifier in the Fuse box under the engine faults. Honda have recognised this and have now changed the supplier. See Cox Motor parts for the new part. Around the 25 mark I beleive. See >>>HERE FOR PART<<<
There is a thread on here about it. >>>HERE<<<

It maybe simply a case of a regas, they can check it for you at the garage and see what levels you are at. Im going to bite the bullet and Re-Gas and Replace the rectifier this month ready for summer!
Interesting... I had a regas because mine wasn't blowing cold at all. Certainly improved things but not 100% convinced it works as it should all the time so I'll look into this more later
post #7 of 8 (permalink) Old 27th May 2015, 05:18

Mine wasn't blowing cold air. I had it regased at Kwik Fit with no success. I've had an engineer come out and after putting florescent dye in it has diagnosed a leaky condenser.

Yours could have a similier problem.
post #8 of 8 (permalink) Old 29th May 2015, 17:26

i just had my honda serviced and mot also had air con regas from the dealer, they noticed that the air con wasnt working when switched turned out to be a relay, which they replaced, the car was under the 12 month honda used warranty, also the door handle loose so that going to be replaced under warranty

Civinfo > 8th Generation Euro Honda Civic (2006 - 2011) > Electronics (8G)

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Civinfo forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
Your User Name is the name that appears by all your posts on the forum, and so should not be your email address.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page