Mounts TomTom GO 910 installation - Civinfo

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 10 (permalink) Old 3rd November 2006, 12:04 Thread Starter

TomTom GO 910 installation

Hi everyone!

I bought TomTom GO 910 navigator few weeks ago. I am also getting my Civic 5D in january 2007 so I have plenty of time to think how to install TomTom to my beautiful Civic..

So where have you docked your TomTom's in Civic? In a windscreen (too basic)..?

I was wondering to dock it some other way, because I think that tomtom in a windscreen doesnt look very good. So is there any other suitable place for example in a dashboard that will do the job. Main goal is to get it look smooth, like it almost could be integrated navigator. Any ideas or pics?

It is also important (for me) that the cables/wires are somehow in hide..any ideas for that too?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 10 (permalink) Old 3rd November 2006, 12:25
Fallen Angel

Send a message via MSN to sarahjo Send a message via Skype™ to sarahjo
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jani View Post
Hi everyone!

I bought TomTom GO 910 navigator few weeks ago. I am also getting my Civic 5D in january 2007 so I have plenty of time to think how to install TomTom to my beautiful Civic..

So where have you docked your TomTom's in Civic? In a windscreen (too basic)..?

I was wondering to dock it some other way, because I think that tomtom in a windscreen doesnt look very good. So is there any other suitable place for example in a dashboard that will do the job. Main goal is to get it look smooth, like it almost could be integrated navigator. Any ideas or pics?

It is also important (for me) that the cables/wires are somehow in hide..any ideas for that too?

Sorry, mine is in the windscreen, wires everywhere..looks awful but it will osbcure the view of all the pretty things Saffy has for me to look at. Anyway, tis better to have it there then get lost...which i am prone to doing around Stoke on Trent
post #3 of 10 (permalink) Old 3rd November 2006, 12:52

if you're looking for a good mount, look at the brodit mounts,
they seem good, the mount to the vent looks ok..
http://www.brodit.com/productinforma...sortiment=null
they have others to.

I mounted mine to the side widow. looks good, but you can't open the window anymore

post #4 of 10 (permalink) Old 3rd November 2006, 13:28
Supporter

I used the brodit pro clip and Mount with tilt swivel (http://www.brodit.com/?main=productinformation.jsp&anr=653733) for my TT 700 and it works beautifully.

I keep meaning to post photos of it so others can see, I personally think its better than window mounting because it doesn't leave ring marks on the screen (inviting thieves)and the way I’ve done it I can remove the mount easily (even without the gap opener) without damage to the dash and put in glove box so it's not inviting to thieves.

I did turn the mount (http://www.brodit.com/?main=productinformation.jsp&anr=215027) upside down though to give more room so it didn't clash with the gear stick

Doing it this way minimizes wires all over the place too, especially as I have the external aerial thingy too, only because my previous car was bad at picking up a signal, i just slap it in the glove box and get 100% signal all the time

Unfortunately it looks like the mount is only for older Tom Tom at the moment though

Last edited by Glass Spider; 3rd November 2006 at 13:33.
post #5 of 10 (permalink) Old 3rd November 2006, 13:36
Galaxy class starship

Send a message via MSN to Copycat
Tervetuloa Jani! (You're Finnish, are you not?)

Here's what I have in my Civic.

http://www.civinfo.com/forum/showpos...5&postcount=51
post #6 of 10 (permalink) Old 3rd November 2006, 13:54
Smell My Cheese!

Is it possible to make a little box of some sort that sits in the hidey hole under the radio and you can open the flap and connect your bracket to it, you could have all your wires dissappear off through the back of the dash. Or would that be too low??

When I had the Laguna I modified my car kit bracket to hold the TomTom PDA holder as well, so had the 2 side by side, looked very neat.
post #7 of 10 (permalink) Old 3rd November 2006, 14:51
Fallen Angel

Quote:
Originally Posted by Glass Spider View Post
I used the brodit pro clip and Mount with tilt swivel (http://www.brodit.com/?main=productinformation.jsp&anr=653733) for my TT 700 and it works beautifully.

I keep meaning to post photos of it so others can see, I personally think its better than window mounting because it doesn't leave ring marks on the screen (inviting thieves)and the way Iíve done it I can remove the mount easily (even without the gap opener) without damage to the dash and put in glove box so it's not inviting to thieves.

I did turn the mount (http://www.brodit.com/?main=productinformation.jsp&anr=215027) upside down though to give more room so it didn't clash with the gear stick

Doing it this way minimizes wires all over the place too, especially as I have the external aerial thingy too, only because my previous car was bad at picking up a signal, i just slap it in the glove box and get 100% signal all the time

Unfortunately it looks like the mount is only for older Tom Tom at the moment though

Please, please, please nice Mr Glass Spider can you put some piccies on the site as I am very interested.

P.S. Can a lonesome girlie fit it on her ownesome
post #8 of 10 (permalink) Old 4th November 2006, 00:40
Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by sarahjo View Post
Please, please, please nice Mr Glass Spider can you put some piccies on the site as I am very interested.

P.S. Can a lonesome girlie fit it on her ownesome

I'll do some piccies tomorrow (well today now, after I've had a kip), it's easy the only tool I had to use was a screwdriver.
post #9 of 10 (permalink) Old 4th November 2006, 13:43
Supporter

here you go i put them on this thread as was more appropriate
http://www.civinfo.com/forum/showpos...9&postcount=16

Last edited by Glass Spider; 4th November 2006 at 13:46.
post #10 of 10 (permalink) Old 4th November 2006, 13:51
Fallen Angel

Quote:
Originally Posted by Glass Spider View Post
here you go i put them on this thread as was more appropriate
http://www.civinfo.com/forum/showpos...9&postcount=16
Thanks GS, you are a star...and i think even i can manage that

Civinfo > 8th Generation Euro Honda Civic (2006 - 2011) > Electronics (8G)

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Civinfo forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
Your User Name is the name that appears by all your posts on the forum, and so should not be your email address.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page