Phone DIY Help on Parrot Kit and Dension Icelink - Civinfo

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 3 (permalink) Old 24th November 2006, 05:35 Thread Starter

Question DIY Help on Parrot Kit and Dension Icelink

Hi,
I have my first test of DIY coming along; I ordered Parrot's CK3000 bluetooth kit (with the iso2car cable of course) and Dension IceLink Plus. I am depending on Pottsy's Dash removal guide and tuckeruk101's dension icelink setup guide for the test . I'm worried about the Parrot's setup though. I think i will need to run the microphone cable from under the trim on the A column but I don't know how I will be able to do that, it looks tight Now how do I remove that? Or do I need to? Those who added a Bluetooth Kit to their cars: Where should I place the mic for the best results and how? Also where do these kits get their power from? I think Dension's icelink is powered from the aux port on the back of the HU... But what about parrot's kit? Is that also powered by the port at the back of the head unit or do I need to connect it to some sort of 12 V power source from the cigarette lighter? And even I got answers to all of these questions I still have more You know that these kits by Parrot and Dension come with control units, plastic boxes that you hide away behind the head unit somewhere below... Where and how do I mount those boxes? I am already too sensitive to noises from the dash...

Thanks
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 3 (permalink) Old 24th November 2006, 10:40
Supporter

Phuket,

I probably going to build in my parrot carkit comming Sunday... I also use the iso2car connecter. You can see that the plug of the parrot kit which goes into the iso2car connector has a red and a orange wire, with a fuse. These 2 are used for the power. It is possible you have to switch the wires of the red and orange.. You can do that with the fuse holders. Connect the kit and look if it works. If it says ´goodbeye´ when turning off the ignition, then the wires are ok, else you have to switch the red and orange as told above.
At this moment I still don´t know where to put my mic... Maybe someone can tell. The other questions I cannot answer yet....
post #3 of 3 (permalink) Old 24th November 2006, 17:19

Hello,

It's very easy to install the microphone of the Parrotkit.
You have to pull back the rubber from the A-style.
And put it back after pushing the microcable between the metal style and plastic cover of the airbag.

It goes very easily.

And the mic works perfectly.

Success !!
Attached Images
File Type: jpg P1010134.JPG (41.0 KB, 216 views)
File Type: jpg P1010135.JPG (32.5 KB, 199 views)

Civinfo > 8th Generation Euro Honda Civic (2006 - 2011) > Electronics (8G)

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Civinfo forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
Your User Name is the name that appears by all your posts on the forum, and so should not be your email address.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page