Add-on nav buy sat nav version or normal and buy double din sat nav - Civinfo

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 7 (permalink) Old 7th April 2016, 20:34 Thread Starter

buy sat nav version or normal and buy double din sat nav

Hi I am going to buy a civic, 2007 version I think and I was wondering I was tempted with the sat nav verison but it looks too basic with it being a old satnav..but I'm told it would be ok still with updated maps

would I be best just getting the normal non sat nav version and then getting a double din satnav with touch screen? as it could end up better having Bluetooth for much and maybe usb port and aux
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 7 (permalink) Old 8th April 2016, 17:24
Administrator

Car: x'06 2.2 EX FK3 Milano
Thanked 4,165 Times in 3,861 Posts
Eco display Eco display
Garage
Depends what you want doesn't it?

Many do not like the OEM satnav/audio so replace it with a DDIN.

PS: I've Deleted your duplicate thread, there really is no need to ask the same question in different sections. Users often browse the site and read through the latest posts (rather than trawling through each section). So you will get an answer, just ping an update to a single thread next time
post #3 of 7 (permalink) Old 8th April 2016, 19:35
Supporter

Car: 2006 2.2 EX NHB
Sat nav isn't really the question...
2007 Sat Nav was only in the EX, which also came with Xenons, Dual zone climate control, Bluetooth telephony and Cruise control. To not get an EX means you will generally miss out on some of these options as well.

If you only care about the sat nav and not the rest, get a non sat nav and install double din for the extra sound quality.

post #4 of 7 (permalink) Old 9th April 2016, 18:45 Thread Starter
** Thread starter **

hi really sorry I didn't get any replies so assumed I had it in the wrong section
post #5 of 7 (permalink) Old 9th April 2016, 18:47 Thread Starter
** Thread starter **

tbh I don't care what headlights they are long as they do the job, cruise control I know I would not use at all too so think I will just get the standard version and get a double din plus you can get them with Bluetooth phone too
post #6 of 7 (permalink) Old 13th April 2016, 17:32
Supporter

Car: 2006 icdti 2.2 Black
For what it's worth, I have a 2.2 CDTi ES model, which has cruise, dual climate control, auto headlights & windscreeen washers & skylight roof. I've just changed the headunit to a DD, Sony XAV 602BT, (bluetooth & sat nav via mirror link) best thing I have ever done! Music is 100% better, sound range is vastly improved, OEM speakers are pathetic, already replaced coaxials in the rear & applied silent coat in the area, components will go in this weekend, weather permitting! so, IMHO, look for an ES, great spec and invest the money you save in a decent DD, some speakers and silent coat!
post #7 of 7 (permalink) Old 15th April 2016, 12:18

Car: 2007 57 Reg Ex 1.8
I like the extra that come with the EX however the satnav interface/software is terrible. I use my phone. However it does come handy when your stuck in traffic and looking for side streets to cut corners.

Civinfo > 8th Generation Euro Honda Civic (2006 - 2011) > Electronics (8G)

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Civinfo forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
Your User Name is the name that appears by all your posts on the forum, and so should not be your email address.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page