• 3 Post By Tom_K

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 9 (permalink) Old 20th April 2016, 10:25 Thread Starter
Supporter

Car: 2006 Ex 2.2 i-CTDI
Eco display
HFT start snoozing

Hi
My HFT start missing about at first it wasn't working then with help of the forum I located the HFT un plugged it while keys were off ignition put everything back and bingo it start working. At this point try pair my iPhone with it following everything the forum suggested didn't worked so I thought it might be the phone tried it with a different make but still no luck. Left it for a while but again I lost the HFT it stopped working all together this time I opened it again cleaned it as the forum described it came back to life but again having no luck with the pairing process even followed every single advise given in the forum by different users. It the same case regardless if I try to pair it from the car pairing process it time out even my phone is in discovering mode even though we try different make of phone if it picks at least one but no luck. I try searched the HFT through my phone but nothing is there.
The other thing is every time after one or two hours the HFT stops working and I have to open it disconnect it to restart it working again which a bit annoying on its own. I cleaned the HFT following the forum and even though I updated version of sat nav version to latest one which is 3.90 in an effort that it might be a prob but still without any luck.
HELP PLEASE
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 9 (permalink) Old 12th May 2016, 14:37

Car: 2008 2.2 5 door, Nighthawk b
I'm having some trouble with my HFT as well, but I've not even touched it yet.
My issue is it said the system was locked at first, but after fiddling with it, I got it to say 'main menu' however, it doesn't seem to listen to anything I say lol
I've checked the microphone works using the diagnostic test on the nav but still no joy.
I'll try taking it out, cleaning it and putting it back but my suspicion is that it might have dry joints? Although I've not even seen the module.
Does it look like the type of thing that could suffer from that? Because if so, I'll let you know how I get on with it.
post #3 of 9 (permalink) Old 12th May 2016, 15:09
Supporter

Plenty of threads on here about this. I successfully used the "oven baking" method to reflow the solder on the board and mine has been good since.
Farqui likes this.

post #4 of 9 (permalink) Old 13th May 2016, 13:36

Car: 2008 2.2 5 door, Nighthawk b
Update on my situation:
Got the thing working!
But...it was down to user error I fear..
I took the module out, split the boards and cleaned things up, then fiddled with everything, managed to guess the lock code and it all works as it should. Not sure if it was the cleaning of the boards or the getting used to how the system works, but I'm happy.
Farqui, Farqui and Farqui like this.
post #5 of 9 (permalink) Old 13th May 2016, 20:19
Administrator

Car: x'06 2.2 EX FK3 Milano
Thanked 4,165 Times in 3,861 Posts
Eco display Eco display
Garage
Well done. Cheap fix
post #6 of 9 (permalink) Old 26th May 2016, 17:49 Thread Starter
Supporter
** Thread starter **

Eco display
Unhappy

Hi
Today I bought a second device from eBay but got the same problem as the car HFT can't find my phone at all even tried with different phones but still no luck any advice
Thanks
post #7 of 9 (permalink) Old 26th May 2016, 18:29
Administrator

Car: x'06 2.2 EX FK3 Milano
Thanked 4,165 Times in 3,861 Posts
Eco display Eco display
Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by Prince Pervez View Post
Hi
Today I bought a second device from eBay but got the same problem as the car HFT can't find my phone at all even tried with different phones but still no luck any advice
Thanks
I guess you need to test the replacement HFT to confirm it's working.

Or pair up a different phone.
post #8 of 9 (permalink) Old 5th June 2016, 23:18 Thread Starter
Supporter
** Thread starter **

Eco display
Hi bud
As for as the new HFT it's at least alive I mean when u press the talk button it takes commands etc but when u search for phones it can't find my phone and so is my phone can't find any HFT and I used a second phone but same no luck . Before installing this second device I tried my old one it find only once my phone but after that went totally dead and every single time to start it working u need to disconnect it and that's why I bought the second device. The second device only once paired to my iPhone 5 and after one call it unpaird again and since then no luck. As it's taking command when u press the talk button but it wount pair and can't find any phones. I was wondering if there is any wire which is used to give power to the unit to put it in discovery is damaged but I don't know as u know there are dozens of wires going into the green connector or I don't have any other clue as I said the replacement unit is at least alive
Thanks

Last edited by Prince Pervez; 5th June 2016 at 23:20.
post #9 of 9 (permalink) Old 8th June 2016, 12:47 Thread Starter
Supporter
** Thread starter **

Eco display
Quote:
Originally Posted by Farqui View Post
I guess you need to test the replacement HFT to confirm it's working.

Or pair up a different phone.
Hi bud from your experience any chance you can spread any light on the probes I am having with HFT
Thanks

Civinfo > 8th Generation Euro Honda Civic (2006 - 2011) > Electronics (8G)

Tags
bluetooth , funny hft , hft

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Civinfo forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
Your User Name is the name that appears by all your posts on the forum, and so should not be your email address.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page