Phone Bluetooth Carkit (not the one fitted from factory) - Civinfo

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 16 (permalink) Old 9th January 2007, 12:34 Thread Starter

Car: 2006 1.8 5 door, Blue/Silver
Bluetooth Carkit (not the one fitted from factory)

Hi everybody,

Does anyone has the original Honda accessoire bluetooth carkit ordered and installed in his Civic? I mean the one that will be fitted on the non executive models? So not the one that is included with the navigation. Can post anyone some pics and text how it works?

Thanks.
Dennis
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 16 (permalink) Old 9th January 2007, 13:48
Supporter

Send a message via MSN to generationgav
I've got it fitted and will get you some pics later.

It's a little device which is fixed to the "a pillar" on the drivers side, you use the main button to answer/hang up as well as voice dial (your PHONE must support voice dialling for this function to work, it's not the same as on the EX)
There's no display as to who is ringing unfortunately, but the sound is very clear (comes through the opposite speaker, left speaker in my case) and works perfectly for what I need.
Having said that, I believe somebody here has a Parrot fitted and working, and it's probably a lot more functional than mine, but not sure of the costs of either (I got an ex-demo car with it fitted)
post #3 of 16 (permalink) Old 9th January 2007, 14:03
Supporter

I don't know if you already have the bluetooth carkit, if not I can suggest one of the parrot carkits. The one I have is one with GPS, so I can use TomTom on my mobile.
Think I found a nice place for it on the dash next to the radio display.
Click the link below to see the pic I took. Hope it is usefull for you.
The parrot also includes voicedialing (if supported by phone) and depending the type of parrot, you have a display. It has to be connected to the radio using an ISO2CAR cable. The sound is very clear and goes to both front speakers.

Attachment 1674

Last edited by Meino; 9th January 2007 at 14:05.

post #4 of 16 (permalink) Old 9th January 2007, 14:05
Supporter

I'd prefer the parrot carkit to mine if the price is the same.

Mine was just included, but it's hardly even neatly integrated. It does the job more than adequetly having said that.

Meino - did you fit the parrot yourself? If so does it fit in to the back of the HU? If so then do you know if it uses the big 14pin cable?
post #5 of 16 (permalink) Old 9th January 2007, 14:26
Supporter

GenerationGav:

Yes, I fit the parrot myself, wasn't that difficult thanks to pottsy's guide about rip of the dash
It fits to the back of the HU using a ISO2Car cable you can see at the first pic.
This cable goes into the HU and the Honda plug from the car (which came out the HU, has to be plugged into gray connector of the iso2car cable.
Now you have to connect the parrot carkit to the iso connectors you now have. The partnr of the cable is: KRAM ISO2CAR 86131
I bought it at a dutch e-store, but I believe the can also deliver in UK or other EU countries.

I payed 18,95 for the cable and 213 for the parrot. If you want a 'normal' parrot (without GPS) you will pay around 120.

Still want to make a howto on installing the parrot, but first have to take some more pics (which means taking of the dash again). I will probably do this when installing my sub.

http://www.pdaplus.nl/catalog/advanc...31/language/en
Attached Images
File Type: jpg iso2car.jpg (58.5 KB, 537 views)
File Type: jpg HUConnection.jpg (137.3 KB, 415 views)
post #6 of 16 (permalink) Old 9th January 2007, 14:41 Thread Starter
** Thread starter **

Car: 2006 1.8 5 door, Blue/Silver
Thanks for the many postings regarding the bluetooth carkit.

On my previous car I had the Parrot CK3100. But I don't want it anymore, because it didn't work long. (Light didn't work anymore after 13 months.) The "original" Honda bluetooth carkit is very small and neatly intergrated on the a piller. But I can't find a lot of information about it on the internet. With the parrot you also have a mic that you have to put somewhere. And if you place the carkit display next at the radio display I cannot push the answer button, without hanging over the dashboard . So thats why I thinking of buying the Honda bluetooth carkit, but before that I want to hear the reviews of people that are using the same device.
post #7 of 16 (permalink) Old 9th January 2007, 14:54
Supporter

Had problems with my parrot after about 3 months, display had broken, but received a brand new one within a week (warranty), probably not after 13 months...
The reason I placed it next to the radio display is GPS signal reception. In my previous car I placed it on the console next to the gear shift, but reception of GPS signal was bad.
When answering the phone I mostly push the answer button on my mobile, which always lays next to me on the passenger seat, but I agree another place for a carkit without GPS is better

I will stop yelling about my parrot on this thread and keep it onto the Honda BT CC...
post #8 of 16 (permalink) Old 9th January 2007, 14:59
Supporter

The mic is on the a-pillar obviously; and I've never had a problem with people hearing me on it (better than the EX one some might say?)
If all you want to do is occasionally answer conversations where it doesn't matter who is ringing you (for me it's not a business phone, so it's fine) it does the job perfectly.
Downsides are;

Only works with 2 phones I believe and can't have both paired
No display or anything else to tell who's phoning
If you stall (as stupid as it sounds) restarting the engine disconnects the phone, again if you answer the phone stopped then you can't start the car without it disconnecting.
It doesn't hold any numbers or anything, it's just a headset and not hands free.

Plus sides are
It works fine
I can call people with voice dialling
Connects as soon as I get in the car

Mieno - It's not this plug is it??
post #9 of 16 (permalink) Old 9th January 2007, 15:06
Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by generationgav View Post
Mieno - It's not this plug is it??
Generationgav - No, that's not the one I used, but I have read about some people using a SOT cable, don't know if it is that one and if that cable connects to the cd changer port....
post #10 of 16 (permalink) Old 9th January 2007, 15:07
Supporter

Excellent....but still confused! I think I should just rip my dash apart and look myself.
post #11 of 16 (permalink) Old 9th January 2007, 15:18
Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by generationgav View Post
Excellent....but still confused! I think I should just rip my dash apart and look myself.
Just noticed that my pic is a bit bad (taken with my mobile).. Next to the two grey connectors on the HU, I have the 14 pin CD Changer port, which is not used. In the picture you cannot see it because it is white and the back of the HU also looks white.

Connection the iso2car cable you have to take of the two grey connectors from the HU. Then connect the iso2car to the grey ports on the HU and connect the grey car connectors to the grey iso2car connectors...

Hope this helps a bit more....
post #12 of 16 (permalink) Old 10th January 2007, 03:20

i have got the 1 without satnav and i can tell you that it works pretty good but sometimes it doesnt. you can use 3 phone's but not at the same time.ziet er goed uit"looks good".
post #13 of 16 (permalink) Old 10th January 2007, 03:24

post #14 of 16 (permalink) Old 10th January 2007, 09:07
Supporter

Well, I got honda bluetooth handsfree (no satnav).
Unfortunately, mine is broken (mic not working). I've spoken to dealership, and they had new one come, however guy at service told me to better wait 'till 15th of January, as new and improved model will come. Apparently 'old' ones suffer some electrical problems quite often.
So I'll rather wait few more days for new one
post #15 of 16 (permalink) Old 10th January 2007, 09:46
Wine and cooking !

Car: 2008, Grey Mica 1.5 Materia
Same for me,

My dealer war me and prefer to wait t'ill now before setting it for me. I'm going there tomorow so he will set the parking sensors and the bluetooth kit. I will tell you by friday how it's working.
post #16 of 16 (permalink) Old 10th January 2007, 11:21

Car: 2006 1.8 sport NHB
Hi RaZeR,

I've the A-pillar thingy also, and it works fine, I don't have to shout to make me clear to the caller. And it also fits to the interior of the car with its blue led.

Civinfo > 8th Generation Euro Honda Civic (2006 - 2011) > Electronics (8G)

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Civinfo forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
Your User Name is the name that appears by all your posts on the forum, and so should not be your email address.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page