Phone HFT: Nokia 6131 - Civinfo

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 4 (permalink) Old 9th January 2007, 18:09 Thread Starter

HFT: Nokia 6131

I bought a new Nokia 6131, because I read it's compatible enough with the Civic handsfree system. On a basic level it works. I was able to pair my phone with the car, and I can use the HFT to answer calls and dial new calls via voice.

However, that's where the problem comes. I can dial a call (by saying "call <numbers>") and the phone starts dialing. However, when someone answers the call, the phone cuts off the Bluetooth connection and I end up with both of us going "hello? hello?" and me hastily picking up the phone and trying to talk while driving. Gah. Also, if I dial a number with the phone itself (with Bluetooth connection estabilished), the phone loses the BT connection when the call is answered. Gah!

Why does this happen? Is there anything I can do to fix it? Unfortunately the "Transfer" command doesn't work. But I'm not surprised, since it was stated so in a compatibility list PDF I found linked here.

(Generally speaking, I'm teh n00b with Bluetooth so if you have any good tips, they're appreciated)

Last edited by Skaven252; 9th January 2007 at 18:23.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 4 (permalink) Old 11th January 2007, 01:50
Enthusiastic Supporter

Car: 2006 2.2 5 door, Cosmic grey
Send a message via MSN to Miggins
Quote:
Originally Posted by Skaven252 View Post
I bought a new Nokia 6131, because I read it's compatible enough with the Civic handsfree system. On a basic level it works. I was able to pair my phone with the car, and I can use the HFT to answer calls and dial new calls via voice.

However, that's where the problem comes. I can dial a call (by saying "call <numbers>") and the phone starts dialing. However, when someone answers the call, the phone cuts off the Bluetooth connection and I end up with both of us going "hello? hello?" and me hastily picking up the phone and trying to talk while driving. Gah. Also, if I dial a number with the phone itself (with Bluetooth connection estabilished), the phone loses the BT connection when the call is answered. Gah!

Why does this happen? Is there anything I can do to fix it? Unfortunately the "Transfer" command doesn't work. But I'm not surprised, since it was stated so in a compatibility list PDF I found linked here.

(Generally speaking, I'm teh n00b with Bluetooth so if you have any good tips, they're appreciated)
Ensure phone is updated to latest firmware (some of the newer Nokias you can do yourself over the web). If it still doesnt work take it to your local Honda dealer. Must say Nokia bluetooth isn't exactly reliable - some nokias cant see other nokias - even the same model!!!!!!
post #3 of 4 (permalink) Old 11th January 2007, 10:44

Quote:
Originally Posted by Miggins View Post
Ensure phone is updated to latest firmware (some of the newer Nokias you can do yourself over the web). If it still doesnt work take it to your local Honda dealer. Must say Nokia bluetooth isn't exactly reliable - some nokias cant see other nokias - even the same model!!!!!!
I agree, I had similar problems with a Nokia. I think it depends what bluetooth "services" the phone supports. There are generally 2 - Headset and Handsfree. The HFT service is Handsfree. If the phone only supports "headset" you get exactly the problems described, i.e. cutting off when calling as this command is not supported.

With regard to dialling from the phone, the only way I have found is to dial from the phone and hang-up straight away, then use the "redial" voice command on the HFT.

post #4 of 4 (permalink) Old 11th January 2007, 18:15
Enthusiastic Supporter

Car: 2006 2.2 5 door, Cosmic grey
Send a message via MSN to Miggins
I understand the difficulties in making a system compatible with all phones (even just those that have the correct functionality) but it seems that the HFT system leaves a lot to be desired even when it works.

For the money I think a dedicated Nokia system is preferable. Does anybody have a Nokia hands free system fitted?

Civinfo > 8th Generation Euro Honda Civic (2006 - 2011) > Electronics (8G)

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Civinfo forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
Your User Name is the name that appears by all your posts on the forum, and so should not be your email address.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page