Electrics US R18 ECU for Europe/Japanese Civic (GreenKey Light appears immobilizer issue) - Civinfo

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 2 (permalink) Old 18th July 2016, 18:31 Thread Starter

US R18 ECU for Europe/Japanese Civic (GreenKey Light appears immobilizer issue)

I'm Jangz from the UK and new to civicinfo.com, I'm turbo-charging my R18a1 Civic FD1 which is the Japanese 4 door saloon with is a 6 speed manual (import from Japan)

I've got a US R18 ECU (part number: 37820-RNA-A12 which is compatible with FlashPro based on the Hondata site)

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Question:

1. When you guys who have connected your US R18 ECU alone, did you get an issue where you can't start the car and see a Green Key light on the dash which is the immobilizer not working?
As I have this issue (I don't have FlashPro just yet, until I resolve this issue or does FlashPro help with this?)

2. Or did your have FlashPro resolve this being installed and flashed together?

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I'm really stuck and didn't expect to get this issue as no one else seems to have this issue soon as they get the US ECU and FlashPro for R18 other than what was already mentioned about Cruise Control and Reverse Lock issue when the car is running

Your advice would be greatly appreciated.

Kind regards,

Jangz
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 2 (permalink) Old 20th July 2016, 18:04 Thread Starter
** Thread starter **

OKEY, it seems I'm a lone soldier on this.

Right, here goes... GOOD NEWS everyone, I got this sorted!!! YEY

I will share:

1. Any ECU be it American, UK, Japanese (like mine) or European, if you remove your original one and add an ECU from another car; you will get the issue I had (GreenKey light on dash) Immobilizer issue and thus will not be able to start the car

2. You WILL need to take this to Honda Dealership and ask them to reprogram your current key and immobilizer to the new ECU.

HOW:

1. Take your car over with your original ECU intact, so you can drive it there.

2. Park up and remove your original ECU and fit the US R18 ECU.

Note: At this point you wont be able to drive it due to the above mentioned issue.

3. Just give the Honda technician the keys and they will do their magic and sort the rest out using their computer.

It cost me 1 hour labor which came to a total of £86 on the 20/07/2016

INTERESTING DISCOVERY:

1. I know some of you guys who done this mod for the purpose of using Hondata FlashPro as the tuning solution but you all had some issues with Cruise Control not working.

I'm surprised to inform you all that I DIDN'T and its all working perfectly and exactly like OEM not just in 6th like someone else had.

ie I can engage Cruise Control in 3rd gear and up from 30 MPH+

ISSUE:

1. However, due to American R18s are 5 speed I too get the Reverse Lock issue not working.

Note: As long as your not Bang'in Gears from 5th to 6th and change up gracefully knowing where to place it, you wont go into reverse and grind or potentially destroy your gearbox, in case you don't want to add a switch just be careful!

2. I will do this Manuel reverse lock switch, BUT at a later date, I drove around conscious of this issue and never had a problem but will fit one any way, just to be extra safe in case someone else drives.

QUESTION:

1. How do I get this wired up and sorted? What solutions did you guys use to keep your car safe from going into revers from 5th up to 6th gear.

I really hope someone will share at least this.

Thanks,

Jangz

Last edited by JangzAli; 20th July 2016 at 18:07.

Civinfo > 8th Generation Euro Honda Civic (2006 - 2011) > Electronics (8G)

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Civinfo forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
Your User Name is the name that appears by all your posts on the forum, and so should not be your email address.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page