** Thread starter **
Join Date: 18th July 2016
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
OKEY, it seems I'm a lone soldier on this.
Right, here goes... GOOD NEWS everyone, I got this sorted!!! YEY
I will share:
1. Any ECU be it American, UK, Japanese (like mine) or European, if you remove your original one and add an ECU from another car; you will get the issue I had (GreenKey light on dash) Immobilizer issue and thus will not be able to start the car
2. You WILL need to take this to Honda Dealership and ask them to reprogram your current key and immobilizer to the new ECU.
1. Take your car over with your original ECU intact, so you can drive it there.
2. Park up and remove your original ECU and fit the US R18 ECU.
Note: At this point you wont be able to drive it due to the above mentioned issue.
3. Just give the Honda technician the keys and they will do their magic and sort the rest out using their computer.
It cost me 1 hour labor which came to a total of £86 on the 20/07/2016
1. I know some of you guys who done this mod for the purpose of using Hondata FlashPro as the tuning solution but you all had some issues with Cruise Control not working.
I'm surprised to inform you all that I DIDN'T and its all working perfectly and exactly like OEM not just in 6th like someone else had.
ie I can engage Cruise Control in 3rd gear and up from 30 MPH+
1. However, due to American R18s are 5 speed I too get the Reverse Lock issue not working.
Note: As long as your not Bang'in Gears from 5th to 6th and change up gracefully knowing where to place it, you wont go into reverse and grind or potentially destroy your gearbox, in case you don't want to add a switch just be careful!
2. I will do this Manuel reverse lock switch, BUT at a later date, I drove around conscious of this issue and never had a problem but will fit one any way, just to be extra safe in case someone else drives.
1. How do I get this wired up and sorted? What solutions did you guys use to keep your car safe from going into revers from 5th up to 6th gear.
I really hope someone will share at least this.
Last edited by JangzAli; 20th July 2016 at 18:07.