Add-on nav Honda Compact navigation - a couple of questions - Civinfo

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 9 (permalink) Old 2nd October 2009, 06:58 Thread Starter

Question Honda Compact navigation - a couple of questions

We pick up our new toy today!!! And the dealership is throwing in the compact navigation system. I've been able to find that it is based on the Garmin Nuvi 360 which seems to be a decent gps. Unfortunately we are going to have to bring the car back tot he dealer in a week or two for the dock to be installed.

Does anyone know if when Honda installs the dock - does the sound get connected to the car stereo so directions will be played over the speakers, adn the same goes for the bluetooth connectivity in the nav device? Also do they install a seperate microphone for the phone connection?

Cheers,
Matthew
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 9 (permalink) Old 6th October 2009, 10:39

Car: 08 Galaxy Grey,1.4i-dsi
They connect only power cable and will make a big hole for it in the board.
You better buy sucker from garmin or personally me just used double side adhesive tape and fixed honda's base to board without any holes, but a littel tricky.

This device has FM transmiter and you can connect so to car speakers.
post #3 of 9 (permalink) Old 6th October 2009, 11:53
knd
Supporter

Car: 2008/01 1.8 Sport 5d, NHB
It should come with some sort of cover, so you don't see the connectors. At least the older model 350, came with that, in case you don't want to go with the GPS mount.
Gonna try to get some pictures of it after lunch.
As for the sound, the Garmin UNIT has a built in microphone I think. (350 does)

post #4 of 9 (permalink) Old 6th October 2009, 14:26
knd
Supporter

Car: 2008/01 1.8 Sport 5d, NHB
here it is.
post #5 of 9 (permalink) Old 6th October 2009, 20:03 Thread Starter
** Thread starter **

Hey thanks for the info - but we've decided to get some other upgrades from the dealer instead. Basically as part of our agreement they owed us a little money for upgrades and we were asking about the navigation instead - but then found out the actual cost of the thing and I'd rather get something else. I assumed they would charge a premium but 2300 ck- is a fortune for that sat nav.
post #6 of 9 (permalink) Old 6th October 2009, 20:37
R.I.P - (User sadly passed away)

Car: 2007 1.8 'Executive' (EX)
Thanked 1,110 Times in 830 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by mattarse View Post
Hey thanks for the info - but we've decided to get some other upgrades from the dealer instead. Basically as part of our agreement they owed us a little money for upgrades and we were asking about the navigation instead - but then found out the actual cost of the thing and I'd rather get something else. I assumed they would charge a premium but 2300 ck- is a fortune for that sat nav.
There are plenty of good after-market GPS units around, and tidy mounting \ hidden cabling just takes a little time and patience ...

In fact, some of the newer "smart-phones" can have GPS installed and there are some nice in-car mounts \ cradles made by companies such as 'Brodit', so you just pop the phone out of the cradle (you can even have power cabled directly to the cradle) when you leave the car, and put it in your pocket ...
post #7 of 9 (permalink) Old 17th November 2010, 12:11

Car: 2008 1.8 5D NHB
My car was break out yesterday and my compact navi. was also stolen....
I had a Garmin nüvi 360T - I always hated it but worked without problems... my question is there any other products which are compatible with the "original suction cup mount", because I want to use the original base which is already installed above my cd player....(as picture shows above)

many thanks
post #8 of 9 (permalink) Old 19th November 2010, 09:14

Eco display
The new compact navigation is a Garmin 765T. You can use the same base, al you need "quick release cradle" (and the 765T offcourse) which mounts between the ball-joint and the 765T.

http://ecx.images-amazon.com/images/I/31z%2BWBxokPL.jpg

You can buy the "honda-base to ball-joint holder" (instead of the suction cup holder) at honda. I recommend you buy the 765T from a normal store because its cheaper.

Remember, the power outlet from the base is 12V!!!! You cannot use any other navigation with properly changing the voltage. The 765T uses 12volts. Does the garmin 360 also uses 12volts?

Last edited by RotatingFan; 19th November 2010 at 09:17.
post #9 of 9 (permalink) Old 19th November 2010, 09:59

Car: 2008 1.8 5D NHB
Quote:
Originally Posted by RotatingFan View Post
The new compact navigation is a Garmin 765T. You can use the same base, al you need "quick release cradle" (and the 765T offcourse) which mounts between the ball-joint and the 765T.

http://ecx.images-amazon.com/images/I/31z%2BWBxokPL.jpg

You can buy the "honda-base to ball-joint holder" (instead of the suction cup holder) at honda. I recommend you buy the 765T from a normal store because its cheaper.

Remember, the power outlet from the base is 12V!!!! You cannot use any other navigation with properly changing the voltage. The 765T uses 12volts. Does the garmin 360 also uses 12volts?
Thanks!

I hope that is 5V because the garmin as all other use USB so....it shouldn't be 12V, but I gonna measure it-anyway thanks for warning!

Civinfo > 8th Generation Euro Honda Civic (2006 - 2011) > Electronics (8G)

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Civinfo forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
Your User Name is the name that appears by all your posts on the forum, and so should not be your email address.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page