Computer Fuel meter accuracy - Civinfo

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 3 (permalink) Old 16th January 2007, 22:30 Thread Starter

Car: 2013 1.6 I-Dect Milano Red
Fuel meter accuracy

This is the first time that I have owned a car with a pessimistic fuel usage computer. I did 200 kms in the car from new and then filled it at my local supermarket (level ground). Then did 465 kms and filled it again (same pump) with 26.5 litres. Petrol is 1 euro per litre so this is easy. The car said 6.6 litres per 100 kms which is 43 mpg ... not good. However the actual consumption works out at 5.7 litres per 100 kms which is 50 mpg ... much better. Anyone else have any views on the accuracy of the onboard computer. My last car was a Renault and it lied to the teeth ... but always told me that it was doing a lot more mpg than it really was.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 3 (permalink) Old 16th January 2007, 22:57

Send a message via MSN to paulosilva76
Hi,

I have the same problem on mine, the car says around 6.1 liters/100km but hand made accounts for 5.6 liters/100km. I always get 0 Km to refuel before i get the yellow light for the reserve. My last car (Peugeot 206) gets a much more accurate reading.
post #3 of 3 (permalink) Old 17th January 2007, 00:14
Supporter

Car: '08 2.2 NHB CRV
to be honest, I've pretty much given up on using mine for it telling me either what my mpg is, or how much range I've got left in the tank

I fill it up, keep half an eye on the range, half an eye on the fuel gauge and half an eye on the trip meter to see how far I've gone.

generally, I then start to think about filling back up at around the 430 mile mark

The 'how much range you've got left' plus 'how far have you gone on this tank full' varies (generally) over the 450 miles between 470 (what it nearly always says when I fill it up) to 580 (what it's generally saying after I've done between 100 and 200 miles) to 350 (what it says every day when doing 70mph down the motorway after dropping wife off) and back to 450 when I'm down to the last qtr tank.

but hey ho - service due in 2,000 miles so they can have a look at it then

Civinfo > 8th Generation Euro Honda Civic (2006 - 2011) > Electronics (8G)

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Civinfo forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
Your User Name is the name that appears by all your posts on the forum, and so should not be your email address.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page