2006+ Honda Civic Forum banner

HTC phone Bluetooth marshmallow not connecting

Phone 
1K views 7 replies 3 participants last post by  Freddie 
#1 ·
Hi guys,
not sure if I got the right sub forum for this.

Ever since my phone upgraded to marshmallow (android 6.0) it's been near impossible to connect to the cars bluetooth.

I can pair the phone, but the bluetooth connects and redrops constantly, so much that the little phone symbol doesnt even appear next to the clock display in the car.

I've tried unpairing all the phones from the car, and I've wiped the cache multiple times on the phone.
I've even had to factory reset it in the past, but that had made no difference.

This has been going on for over a year now, but it hasnt affected me recently until I got a new job, which means I can be on the road a lot more.. so I DO actually need to use the hands free in the car now.

any ideas?

#2 ·
The Bluetooth in your phone is too new for the Bluetooth In the car. Since buying an android 5 phone mine won't connect at all. Samsung s4 always connected with no issues. LG GFlex 2 not even once.

Sent from my LG-H955 using Tapatalk

#4 ·
I thought Bluetooth was backwards compatible.

I would have thought that if this was the case we'd have had lots more posts by now. My HTC One m9 with MM has paired perfectly OK on my 9G.

The only difference in pairing to the HFT is that both ends have to be searching for each other simultameously. No good just having tje phone searxh for the car or the car to search for the phone.

#5 ·
I've tried for ages with my phone. Still can't get it to connect.
I hoped it would be backwards compatible too.

#6 ·
And Kremmen your is 9th gen so your car probably has a newer Bluetooth system than 8th gen.

#8 ·
Having been discussing the whole backward compatibility, I tried again today. Took some serious effort and patience but finally paired lg gflex2 with car and fully works.
Phone set up
Pair phone.....
Just took a while to get 'miss grumpy Bluetooth lady' to understand I wanted to pair a phone.

Reactions: Kremmen
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.