Electrics Boot warning light flickering... - Civinfo

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 4 (permalink) Old 19th August 2016, 11:22 Thread Starter

Car: 2010 2.2 CTDI Honda Civic
Thumbs down Boot warning light flickering...

Hi, been scouring the internet looking for some help and noticed my issue isn't exactly the same as a lot of the posts I've seen.
Basically, the boot warning lamp on the dash is randomly flickering and chiming only at very low speed or when stationary. I've checked the boot, slamming it shut pretty hard and there is no movement once shut but the issue persists. Yesterday parked stationary the boot warning lamp was on permanently when the ignition was on. I've checked the rubber grommets and they are screwed in as far as they will go.

As a possible knock on effect the remote central locking now refuses to lock from the keyfob...no flashing of lights, no whirring from the locks...nothing. However when locking using the key in the door all the doors lock fine (including the boot). Then, the car unlocks all the doors fine when using the keyfob remotely.

To me it sounds like the boot sensor is the root of the issue and I assume this is somehow attached to the boot lock (in the actual hatch?)
Anyone experienced this issue who can offer any advice?
Many thanks.
Simon.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 4 (permalink) Old 19th August 2016, 12:41
Supporter

Common problem, caused by dying/dead boot shut micro switch. It is located by the boot locking mechanism. Your looking at 49.44 from Lings honda:

http://www.lingshondaparts.com/honda...2&block_05=hcr

Lings part number: PFKL801752

However you may be able to get cheaper elsewhere. It's an easy fix however so make sure you do it yourself to save some cash

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk

Last edited by Jamesoxborrow; 19th August 2016 at 12:44.
Thanks to Jamesoxborrow from:
post #3 of 4 (permalink) Old 19th August 2016, 15:27 Thread Starter
** Thread starter **

Car: 2010 2.2 CTDI Honda Civic
Many thanks for this. I understand taking of the trim is a bit fiddly so am investing in some trim removal tools to assist.

Cheers

post #4 of 4 (permalink) Old 19th August 2016, 17:14
Supporter

Good plan, I got a nice set of 5 orange trim removal tools for a couple of quid off ebay, work like a charm.

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk

Civinfo > 8th Generation Euro Honda Civic (2006 - 2011) > Electronics (8G)

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Civinfo forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
Your User Name is the name that appears by all your posts on the forum, and so should not be your email address.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page