Phone Handsfree...Help request - Civinfo

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 18 (permalink) Old 18th January 2007, 18:28 Thread Starter

Handsfree...Help request

I know from previous threads that the SE K750i, which I've just bought, will work with my 2.2 i-CDTi HFT, which I've also just bought. But it hasn't happened yet and I've ran out of set-up options. Could someone list the set-up which transfers the sound from the phone to the car for both in-coming and out-going calls?

In anticipation

Vivid Blue 2.2 i-CDTi, EX, Blue footwells, 18" Storms.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 18 (permalink) Old 19th January 2007, 18:27
Smell My Cheese!

Once paired with the car every time you get in it should connect and all calls should be via the HFT, it might be worth checking that it is set up to connect without authorisation, it might be that when you get in the car the car is asking you to enter the authorisation key for the HFT, if you go into your Bluetooth settings on the phone you can set the HFT to be authorised (I forget the exact words) or not ask for a key on connection, my Samsung and Nokia both used to ask for the key every time you get in the car, once authorised it does it automatically.

Do you have the little phone icon appear on the screen on the dash (what model do you have, is it the EX?), if not it is not connected.
post #3 of 18 (permalink) Old 19th January 2007, 18:48 Thread Starter
** Thread starter **

Handsfree - Help Request for SE K750i

My SE K750i pairs fine and I can use the HFT controls on the steering wheel to accept and make calls but I can't get the sound to come through the car speakers. Pressing the HFT controls and saying 'Transfer' does nothing and selecting the transfer option on the phone also does nothing. I'm missing a trick somewhere and the HONDA handsfree compatibility site lacks detailed instructions. Thanks for you help...to paraphrase the X-Files quote...'The answers out there'.

post #4 of 18 (permalink) Old 19th January 2007, 18:53
Smell My Cheese!

I know this is a silly question, but have you got the volume turned down, the HFT and radio volume are separate.

I am sure somebody else had this problem, come on, show yourself answer!
post #5 of 18 (permalink) Old 20th January 2007, 12:45
Galaxy class starship

Send a message via MSN to Copycat
post #6 of 18 (permalink) Old 30th January 2007, 15:06

Quote:
Originally Posted by Copter Doctor View Post
My SE K750i pairs fine and I can use the HFT controls on the steering wheel to accept and make calls but I can't get the sound to come through the car speakers. Pressing the HFT controls and saying 'Transfer' does nothing and selecting the transfer option on the phone also does nothing. I'm missing a trick somewhere and the HONDA handsfree compatibility site lacks detailed instructions. Thanks for you help...to paraphrase the X-Files quote...'The answers out there'.
Hello Copter Doctor
sorry for my english (i'm french)!
i've got the same problem as you few days ago, i've got my car on thursday!!!
Now i can phone threw the sound syteme HFT, what did i do :

1-check your k750i firmware, if it's R1CA021, flash your phone to R1DB001
(to check : joystic Right, then *, Left,Left,*,Left,* that gives you "hidden menus")
(to flash : i did it whith "GFlash" french tutorial http://www.forummobiles.com/index.php?showtopic=103827 here)

in english :http://www.topsony.com/foro/cmps_ind...page=tutorials

2-go back into your car, delete your previous phone and pair a new one...it should work!

3- enjoy
post #7 of 18 (permalink) Old 31st January 2007, 23:00 Thread Starter
** Thread starter **

K750i Handsfree Help

Merci Lazio, I'll give it a try.

2.2 i-CDTI Vivid Blue, 18" Storms, Envious passengers
post #8 of 18 (permalink) Old 16th March 2007, 20:20 Thread Starter
** Thread starter **

SE K750i Now Fully Hands Free

Quote:
Originally Posted by Copter Doctor View Post
Merci Lazio, I'll give it a try.

2.2 i-CDTI Vivid Blue, 18" Storms, Envious passengers
Thanks Lazio, finally got round to flashing my phone to the firmware you suggested (R1DB001) and now it works fine. I didn't even have to pair it again. The car recognised the phone as soon as I got in it. I had read that a number of people who had tried to flash their phones themselves had run into problems so in the end I paid £20 to have it done. It only took them 15 minutes but it was worth it and it saved me the hassle.

Many Thanks

Copter Doctor 2.2 i-CTDI Vivid Blue, Fully Hands Free
post #9 of 18 (permalink) Old 26th April 2007, 11:17

Hi there, brand new to this forum having picked up my Night Hawk 1.8 EX on Saturday. Having exact same problems as Copter Doctor currently have R1CB001. Spoken to Sony current version is R1JC002 which they'll upgrade to foc but it this doesn't work you can't downgrade to required R1DB001.

1. Does anyone know if the new version will work?
2. Where do I go to get old version. Copter you said you paid for yours so guessing it was local Was it just through a phone outlet??

Very confusing all this firmware/flashing it's double dutch to me just want me phone to work!!!

Thanks,
Scooby
post #10 of 18 (permalink) Old 26th April 2007, 15:56

Hello, what do i think?
You have R1CB001 : it doesn't work !
Sony Update propose you to update to R1JC002, so, try it, then if it doesn't work you could install R1DB001 by yourself not using Sony Update but GFlash.

Links in previous post
post #11 of 18 (permalink) Old 26th April 2007, 18:03

Hi Lazio thanks for your reply. It sure is a minefield all this stuff I didn't even know phones had firmware/flash or anything else till today so your post is really useful.

Thanks so much,
Scooby.
post #12 of 18 (permalink) Old 26th April 2007, 22:43

i didn't know either
before i bought a Civic...so thank's Honda
post #13 of 18 (permalink) Old 29th April 2007, 20:36 Thread Starter
** Thread starter **

Hi Scooby,
Getting my phone flashed from R1CA021 to R1DB001 was £20 quid well spent and it was done in 15 minutes, though I did pre warn the shop I was bringing it in so that he could have all the files ready. It was a non branded phone shop that delt with this sort of request on a daily basis. I was going to do it myself using the de Vinci web site. But I was put off by reading all the horror stories on various forums. The only function I lost, that I'm aware of, is the shutter click when I take a picture. But I can live with that. Otherwise it worked a treat. I didn't even lose any contacts and the games I picked up with the new firmware were better than the ones the phone came with. Best of luck. Regards Copter Docter
post #14 of 18 (permalink) Old 29th May 2007, 19:48

K750i and the Honda HFT

Problem: My SE K750i pairs fine and I can use the HFT controls on the steering wheel to accept and make calls but I can''t get the sound to come through the car speakers. Pressing the HFT controls and saying ''Transfer'' does nothing and selecting the transfer option on the phone also does nothing.

I own an Accord but I think this makes no difference.

This is a problem of the K750i firmware.

First check the firmware version.

How to check:

From the start display of the K750i do:

Joystick Right, then *, Left, Left, *, Left, * : this gives you some service menus.

Choose “Service info” then “Software-info” and check the firmware version.

If it''s R1CA021 it needs an update of the flash memory of the K750i to version R1DB001.

How to update the flash memory of the K750i:

I downloaded the "Update_Service_Setup-2.7.4.8-2.exe"-file from the Sony Ericsson Update Service internet adress:

http://www.sonyericsson.com/spg.jsp?cc=gb&lc=en&ver=4000&template=ps1_1_3_1_1& zone=ps&lm=ps1_1&pid=10242&fid=21839&esi=true

Then I ran the installation of the update software by clicking on the "Update_Service_Setup-2.7.4.8-2.exe"-file.
The update software will be installed in ''Programs''.
Then click Programs -> Sony Ericsson -> Update Sevice -> Update Service.
Choose your language, then ''Start'', then ''Accept'', then choose the phone type (K750i) and then ...follow the further instructions and update your K750i by means of the DCU-60 USB-cable.

Good luck.
post #15 of 18 (permalink) Old 12th July 2007, 16:07

Hi can anyone help Please.

Think I may be having the same problem as every one else. I have two Sony Ericsson's my personal K800i which worked first time no problems then my work phone K510i which pairs fine but has the transferring to phone problem. Could this be sorted with a firewall update and if so any one know which version I should be updating it to and where to get it from.
This phone firewall stuff is all new to me.

07 Honda Civic Type R GT
post #16 of 18 (permalink) Old 12th July 2007, 19:47

had the same problem with se w810i downloaded phone software update from se website works fine now
post #17 of 18 (permalink) Old 25th August 2007, 14:35
FWH
Supporter

Car: MX-5, C6 Vette & MB S212
Thanked 1,029 Times in 772 Posts
I paired a SE K750i today with no problems.
Well, the pairing was no problems, and receving calls is fine.
The few test calls I made even while driving worked well with no mic mods, I have LHD, this may help?

Outgoing calls has the serious limitation described so often here.
Redial strategy seems to be the best solution, as "transfer" only works once the person you are calling has answered it seems. Is this right?

But, the biggest issue I have is the phone system voice controlled menus.

I have no problems with voice control in general on my car, but these menus are driving me crazy... Gave up on storing numbers in the car.

post #18 of 18 (permalink) Old 4th September 2007, 17:54

I have the SE K750i phone bought only yesterday. It pairs with my 2.2 EX no problem but the incoming call is barely audible even with volume control nearly max. I can be heard from the car clearly so the mike is OK!
I've checked the firmware version as suggested above and indeed it's R1CA021 which apparently needs an update to R1DB001.
Now .. I've since used the Sony Ericsson Update Service software and it's telling me the software is up to date!!
Is it telling porkies and do I need to get it flashed to R1DB001? . . if so where?

Civinfo > 8th Generation Euro Honda Civic (2006 - 2011) > Electronics (8G)

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Civinfo forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
Your User Name is the name that appears by all your posts on the forum, and so should not be your email address.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page