Alarm Auto locking alarm - Aftermarket? - Civinfo
 1Likes
  • 1 Post By paul_s

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 4 (permalink) Old 2nd September 2016, 19:40 Thread Starter
Supporter

Car: 2011 Red 1.8 3dr Type S GT
Thumbs down Auto locking alarm - Aftermarket?

I have an 11 plate 8th Gen Honda Civic.

I know the car autolocks IF no-one has entered the car after it's been unlocked (after 30 seconds) but it doesn't do this automatically after you've parked up or gone in the boot etc. I'm personally not sure what the point of this system is at all but...

Is there any way to modify or buy aftermarket systems that will autolock the car after, say, 10 minutes of the engine being turned off? I ask because for some reason I must have hit the unlock button rather than my lock button last night as I parked up at home and some *****ers broke in and stole my Sat Nav etc - no damage to car though.

Cheers for any advice
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 4 (permalink) Old 2nd September 2016, 20:12

Car: 2009 2.2 Civic ES FK3
Garage
Seems strange that they'd remove that feature, my EP2 (7th Gen) locked itself after a few minutes, not even as long as 10 if I remember correctly, but it'd definitely lock itself. Haven't tried it with my current car (07 8th Gen) as I've only had it a short while.

Also has to be unlucky that they tried the doors on the night you didn't lock it, unless it was a neighbor...
post #3 of 4 (permalink) Old 2nd September 2016, 20:49 Thread Starter
Supporter
** Thread starter **

Car: 2011 Red 1.8 3dr Type S GT
Quote:
Originally Posted by Toninho View Post
Seems strange that they'd remove that feature, my EP2 (7th Gen) locked itself after a few minutes, not even as long as 10 if I remember correctly, but it'd definitely lock itself. Haven't tried it with my current car (07 8th Gen) as I've only had it a short while.

Also has to be unlucky that they tried the doors on the night you didn't lock it, unless it was a neighbor...
Nope, only seems to be if you've not touched the car in any way after you unlocked it. Any interaction with the vehicle and it won't relock (e.g. getting something out the boot) unless you do so. Seems odd to have this 'half' system that is so useless it might as well not be there - hundreds of people must forget to lock their car or press the wrong button etc, how many people unlock it and then decide not to go to their car?!

As for the luck element - I suspect they just try every night and this time got lucky!

post #4 of 4 (permalink) Old 3rd September 2016, 15:15
Supporter

This the exactly the same as pretty much any car that doesn't have keyless entry. If you unlock and then not interact with the vehicle in any way (doors, boot etc) then it will re-lock. If you park up and walk away then it won't lock the car. Only cars with keyless entry/exit have the feature where you walk away from the car and it will auto lock.
ante00 likes this.

Civinfo > 8th Generation Euro Honda Civic (2006 - 2011) > Electronics (8G)

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Civinfo forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
Your User Name is the name that appears by all your posts on the forum, and so should not be your email address.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page