1Likes
  • 1 Post By abatchx

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 11 (permalink) Old 28th September 2016, 00:09 Thread Starter

Car: FN2 2007 GT Red
Eco display
Garage
FN2 Reverse Camera Installation Help

Hi, Sorry if in wrong place but i need some help. Ive bought a camera and im unsure what the wires should be connected to. The instructions as you can guess are not so revealing and i should have looked in to the before i decided on the camera.

Im attempting to attach some pictures so i can explain my predicament but im unable to due to not posting enough. They are in my album as i dont have many pictures yet...

The camera has a yellow connection that connects to a longer wire that also has a yellow connection that connects to the yellow connection on the head unit for the actual video feed which i understand. The camera also has a red connection that connects to the longer cable that also has a red connection and at the end of this longer cable is a bare red and black cable (i dont know where this goes but my guess is power). At the red connection end there is a single bare red wire also (my guess is this connects to the reverse light).

Can anyone offer any advice? I would be really appreciative.

Kind Regards
Alex
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 11 (permalink) Old 28th September 2016, 00:27
Supporter

Car: honda civic type s gt red
Garage
Send a message via AIM to jaxckhan
check the wiki its really easy to do
post #3 of 11 (permalink) Old 28th September 2016, 23:44
Supporter

Car: 2009 CTR, Black
EDIT - Double post.

Last edited by abatchx; 28th September 2016 at 23:48.

post #4 of 11 (permalink) Old 28th September 2016, 23:47
Supporter

Car: 2007 1.8 Sport MT (Vivid)
Eco display
Send a message via MSN to ante00
Thanks to ante00 from:
post #5 of 11 (permalink) Old 28th September 2016, 23:48
Supporter

I assume you mean something like this set of cables (shameless stolen from an ebay advert)

The leads from the camera (1) connect to:
-the video cable (yellow to yellow) (3)
-The 'power cable' (2) black connector

The power cable (2) connects to the reverse light to provide power when you've got the car in reverse. Some come with a grounding wire, some don't

The video cable (3) connect to the back of the sat nav box, which is actually below / behind the glove box. Which I kinda misunderstood so spent about half an hour trying to get my hand behind the stereo.

You'll need one of the 'adapter' cables from the civinfo marketplace to connect the video cable to the sat nav box though.
Attached Images
File Type: png Capture.PNG (163.7 KB, 85 views)
Farqui likes this.
Thanks to abatchx from:
post #6 of 11 (permalink) Old 29th September 2016, 00:49 Thread Starter
** Thread starter **

Eco display
Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by ante00 View Post
this will help mate
Thanks for this, got a copy and helps with the routing and i think im understanding my wire which is a little different.

Quote:
Originally Posted by abatchx View Post
I assume you mean something like this set of cables (shameless stolen from an ebay advert)

The leads from the camera (1) connect to:
-the video cable (yellow to yellow) (3)
-The 'power cable' (2) black connector

The power cable (2) connects to the reverse light to provide power when you've got the car in reverse. Some come with a grounding wire, some don't

The video cable (3) connect to the back of the sat nav box, which is actually below / behind the glove box. Which I kinda misunderstood so spent about half an hour trying to get my hand behind the stereo.

You'll need one of the 'adapter' cables from the civinfo marketplace to connect the video cable to the sat nav box though.
Thanks again, yeah its how im thinking my cable is similar to this as the power cable and video cable are part of the same one.
The camera has a yellow and red cable that connect to the long cable which also has a red and yellow cable, this end of the long cable has a loose red and black wire which i guess the red goes to the reverse light and the black is a ground. The other end of the long cable has a yellow end that connects to the head unit and then a red wire which i believe will go to a reverse input on the stereo. Stereo being an after market Clarion NX302e.
post #7 of 11 (permalink) Old 29th September 2016, 13:39
Supporter

My aftermarket reverse camera came with a yellow feed cable that also had a extra red wire that stuck out of each end. The end closest the camera needs connecting to the reverse light, the other goes into the reverse parking camera electric cable on the back of the head unit.

The purpose for this wire is to tell the head unit when the reverse parking camera is active, with my android head unit it then cuts out any music from the speakers and puts the head unit it into AV mode so the picture comes up on the screen. Hopefully yours will do the same

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk
post #8 of 11 (permalink) Old 29th September 2016, 13:46 Thread Starter
** Thread starter **

Eco display
Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jamesoxborrow View Post
My aftermarket reverse camera came with a yellow feed cable that also had a extra red wire that stuck out of each end. The end closest the camera needs connecting to the reverse light, the other goes into the reverse parking camera electric cable on the back of the head unit.

The purpose for this wire is to tell the head unit when the reverse parking camera is active, with my android head unit it then cuts out any music from the speakers and puts the head unit it into AV mode so the picture comes up on the screen. Hopefully yours will do the same

Thanks James, that is what I believe to be the case with mine but I do have a black wire along side the red wire and think it's a ground wire. So the camera has two cables, the long lead has 4 cables at one end and 2 at the other (hu end).
post #9 of 11 (permalink) Old 29th September 2016, 13:52
Supporter

Maybe your 4 wires are for sound as well?? Does it look like it has a microphone?

post #10 of 11 (permalink) Old 29th September 2016, 14:01 Thread Starter
** Thread starter **

Eco display
Garage
I thought that myself but cant see one. Im going to have a third party install it so I don't break anything. Just looking to find best price I think now.
post #11 of 11 (permalink) Old 3rd October 2016, 13:50
Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jamesoxborrow View Post
Maybe your 4 wires are for sound as well?? Does it look like it has a microphone?

Good shout - didn't think about that!

Civinfo > 8th Generation Euro Honda Civic (2006 - 2011) > Electronics (8G)

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Civinfo forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
Your User Name is the name that appears by all your posts on the forum, and so should not be your email address.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page