Phone Help wanted with connecting iphone - Civinfo

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 5 (permalink) Old 16th November 2009, 23:05 Thread Starter

Help wanted with connecting iphone

Can anyone help

i have just got an iphone 3gs on orange the problem i have is, when i have conected to the hft i have to make a call before it will work through the hft

i physically have to ring someone conect the call then touch the hft tab on the screen before it will work throught the hft and speakers which is strange as my old phone worked fine

if this is normal it defeats the object of bluetooth connecting automatically

can anyone shed any light on this as i need to be able to use handsfree i have looked around the site but cant seem to find the answer

is ther another way to connect bluetooth

thanks in advance pete
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 5 (permalink) Old 20th November 2009, 21:49

u have to store names on your honda civic manually before u can dial them.u know that yeah? ermm i have 3gs i never had problem simply change from cicic to speaker and back to hft.
e.mail me at [email protected]
if u *** get it right
im sure u know u have to have your car engine off and key on on position to set it up
post #3 of 5 (permalink) Old 24th November 2009, 14:04
pna

I have exactly the same problem.

I have an iPhone 3GS and don't want to have to setup all my names and numbers on the car.

But - to make a call, I use voice control to dial it, and like Pete, I then have to wait for the person to answer before I can connect to the full handsfree speaker option. If you try and select the HFT before they answer, it just doesn't work.

It could be quite dangerous as you can voicedial without having to take your eyes off the road, but then have to look to see when the person has answered - clearly I always stop the car and wait til I can send it to handsfree!

Would love to find a solution to this issue?

post #4 of 5 (permalink) Old 24th November 2009, 15:20

Car: 57 1.8 EX NHB
I tend to store a few regular numbers, or have a short list in eye sight to manually just call them out.

If neither of these work for you an other optional method is the call and hangup nigh on immediately on the iphone, and then the voice command of redial keeps your eyes on the road and will just redial the number.

the only safe way to use it, is to setup the numbers, doesn't take long, i tend to just setup mine whilst stuck in traffic
post #5 of 5 (permalink) Old 29th November 2009, 22:16

I have exactly the same problem with my iphone!! My phone is on O2 and i really could do with finding out how to sort this problem

Glennman

Civinfo > 8th Generation Euro Honda Civic (2006 - 2011) > Electronics (8G)

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Civinfo forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
Your User Name is the name that appears by all your posts on the forum, and so should not be your email address.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page