Electrics satnav stereo to double din android stereo - Civinfo
 3Likes
  • 1 Post By jameslro
  • 2 Post By Jamesoxborrow

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 8 (permalink) Old 15th January 2017, 14:43 Thread Starter

Car: 07 22ictdi Type s gt Sat/Nav
satnav stereo to double din android stereo

Hi I installed a double din android stereo in a satnav using the connects2 harness. It all works fine including the steering controls. The only thing is the clock temperature display it came all scrambeled, any lead on how to fix it or what to search please. regards James
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 8 (permalink) Old 15th January 2017, 14:50
Supporter

Car: 2007 1.8 Sport MT (Vivid)
Eco display
Send a message via MSN to ante00
Think no mate. Satnav clock dispaly is different from non satnav (different chip) only thing maybe sorce 2nd hand non satnav display
Thanks to ante00 from:
post #3 of 8 (permalink) Old 15th January 2017, 15:30
Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by ante00 View Post
Think no mate. Satnav clock dispaly is different from non satnav (different chip) only thing maybe sorce 2nd hand non satnav display
I'm afraid even this won't work. I don't believe there is any way to get the sat nav spec clock screen working now that u have removed the sat nav. Even putting in a non sat nav spec screen would involve removing your entire dash, hours of wire finding and soldering then probably would end up throwing the steerwheel controls out in the process anyway. Your best bet would be to try and either disable it altogether so u don't have the flickering or stick a nice photo of your family over it instead

Sadly yr not the first person to have this unsolvable problem and won't be the last. There are many threads on this forum exactly the same.

Sorry bud.

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk
Thanks to Jamesoxborrow from:

post #4 of 8 (permalink) Old 15th January 2017, 16:59
Supporter

Car: 2007 1.8 Sport MT (Vivid)
Eco display
Send a message via MSN to ante00
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jamesoxborrow View Post
I'm afraid even this won't work. I don't believe there is any way to get the sat nav spec clock screen working now that u have removed the sat nav. Even putting in a non sat nav spec screen would involve removing your entire dash, hours of wire finding and soldering then probably would end up throwing the steerwheel controls out in the process anyway. Your best bet would be to try and either disable it altogether so u don't have the flickering or stick a nice photo of your family over it instead

Sadly yr not the first person to have this unsolvable problem and won't be the last. There are many threads on this forum exactly the same.

Sorry bud.

Satnav one won't work without satnav hu. Are you sure mate about non satnav? Dash doesn't need to come out if needs rewiring; only HU, display and speedo.

Last edited by ante00; 15th January 2017 at 17:14.
Thanks to ante00 from:
post #5 of 8 (permalink) Old 15th January 2017, 17:46
Supporter

U may be absolutely right there mate, it was just my understanding that accessing the speedo and display involves taking everything else out aswell. Plus as I have learnt to my own cost, he will need to get the wirring perfect first time as the black connects box which is the analogue/digital converter is massively sensitive to incorrect fitting and would need to be replaced. There is little room for good old fashioned trial and error unfortunately.

Fingers crossed your right, I'm guessing it would be quite a job and I'm not sure of many others around who have done this successfully yet.

post #6 of 8 (permalink) Old 16th January 2017, 01:56 Thread Starter
** Thread starter **

Car: 07 22ictdi Type s gt Sat/Nav
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jamesoxborrow View Post
U may be absolutely right there mate, it was just my understanding that accessing the speedo and display involves taking everything else out aswell. Plus as I have learnt to my own cost, he will need to get the wirring perfect first time as the black connects box which is the analogue/digital converter is massively sensitive to incorrect fitting and would need to be replaced. There is little room for good old fashioned trial and error unfortunately.

Fingers crossed your right, I'm guessing it would be quite a job and I'm not sure of many others around who have done this successfully yet.

I figured out how to make averything work including steering wheel controls, factory satnav with all its display features and climate on screen but the only thing is the small display there I just need the time and climate temp or at least the temp. Haven`t got time at the moment due work but I tried a bit to find the problem and it goes to the green plugs when I disconnect the big green plug the display stops working and everything else works fine.
ante00 likes this.
post #7 of 8 (permalink) Old 16th January 2017, 03:04
Supporter

Buddy if u do find a way to do it, make a little 'how to' thread with some pictures, many folks on here would be very grateful. Fair play to u

ante00 and jameslro like this.
post #8 of 8 (permalink) Old 21st January 2017, 22:28
more torque than the mrs

Car: 2008 2.2 type s gt blusilver
Thanked 1,803 Times in 1,572 Posts
Garage
found this info! The screens on the non sat nav models are wider with more areas to display information. The screens on the satnav model are only designed for basic information so is missing the extra areas of display so what you have is the display merging the information as there is no room for it . I don't think this is a faulty display. Its just not designed for this purpose.

i'd try and find a non satnav screen and see what happens, i'm sure someone done this a few years back on here i can't find it..

Last edited by deni.babe; 21st January 2017 at 22:30.

Civinfo > 8th Generation Euro Honda Civic (2006 - 2011) > Electronics (8G)

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Civinfo forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
Your User Name is the name that appears by all your posts on the forum, and so should not be your email address.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page