Other Has anyone had the official Honda bluetooth kit installed aftermarket? - Civinfo
 
LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 8 (permalink) Old 29th December 2009, 16:46 Thread Starter
 
jraward's Avatar
 
Join Date: 14th August 2009
Location: Windsor GB
Posts: 49
Thanks: 4
Thanked 2 Times in 2 Posts
iTrader: (1)
Has anyone had the official Honda bluetooth kit installed aftermarket?

I'm going to be doing a lot of driving soon with my new job, and I cba with a headset that hurts and has to be taken around to be charged. I also don't want anything showing on the dashboard or anywhere else a-al the parrot MKi sets (which would be the other option) as I don't want to remove a load of things from my car each time I leave it.

Has anyone had the official Honda unit installed after they've owned the car for a couple years? Mine's an 06 Civic and I've called up my local garage and they say they are able to do it.

What is the official one like? Is it actually any good? does it take the numbers from your phone or is it rather dated and not worth the money?

I've used the BT in an A4 and a Fiat 500 and they're both pretty good (the Fiat had the edge, oddly) but not seen the one in the H, anyone got photos/experience they'd like to share?

Cheers
jraward is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
post #2 of 8 (permalink) Old 29th December 2009, 18:40
Supporter
 
andrew's Avatar
 
Car: 2016 5door passion red civic
Join Date: 22nd December 2007
Location: manchester UK GB
Posts: 139
Thanks: 2
Thanked 10 Times in 10 Posts
iTrader: (0)
Hi jraward my car is the Ex and is fitted with blue tooth as standard and works a treat, only caution you need to note is make sure your phone will shake hands with the blue tooth system. For guidence on this search through threads on thisweb page as this has been mentioned before.
andrew is offline  
Thanks to andrew from:
post #3 of 8 (permalink) Old 29th December 2009, 18:44
Administrator
 
Dimplyred's Avatar
 
Join Date: 24th August 2007
Location: Staffordshire, Cheshire & Shropshire ENGLAND
Posts: 24,216
Thanks: 229
Thanked 1,835 Times in 1,604 Posts
iTrader: (15)
There is information on the official Honda bluetooth kit in the Wiki.

Adding a blue tooth hands free solution - Civinfo Wiki
Dimplyred is offline  
Thanks to Dimplyred from:
 
post #4 of 8 (permalink) Old 30th December 2009, 00:19 Thread Starter
** Thread starter **
 
jraward's Avatar
 
Join Date: 14th August 2009
Location: Windsor GB
Posts: 49
Thanks: 4
Thanked 2 Times in 2 Posts
iTrader: (1)
Quote:
Originally Posted by andrew View Post
Hi jraward my car is the Ex and is fitted with blue tooth as standard and works a treat, only caution you need to note is make sure your phone will shake hands with the blue tooth system. For guidence on this search through threads on thisweb page as this has been mentioned before.
Cheers for your replies. I'm going to the dealer tomorrow to have a look, looking at the wiki it's confusing as I was under the impression that it was fully integrated with the car's display mirroring the phone's when calls come in or are made, is this not the case?
jraward is offline  
post #5 of 8 (permalink) Old 30th December 2009, 01:06
FWH
Supporter
 
FWH's Avatar
 
Car: MX-5, C6 Vette & MB S212
Join Date: 3rd June 2007
Location: Where Polar Bears roam the streets SE
Posts: 22,623
Thanks: 558
Thanked 1,029 Times in 772 Posts
iTrader: (1)
Quote:
Originally Posted by jraward View Post
Cheers for your replies. I'm going to the dealer tomorrow to have a look, looking at the wiki it's confusing as I was under the impression that it was fully integrated with the car's display mirroring the phone's when calls come in or are made, is this not the case?
No, there are two versions.

One is factory mounted and included in the EX or Executive specs (or EX GT from MY 10 I think), this is integrated into the satnav display on 09+ cars. On 06 through 08 there is no link to the display (other than some symbol on the air con display), but it is still a factory mounted solution.

The other is the "aftermarket" version, which is mounted on the A-pillar and not connected to any displays. This is the one in the wiki.

I hope this helps.



FWH is offline  
post #6 of 8 (permalink) Old 30th December 2009, 01:38 Thread Starter
** Thread starter **
 
jraward's Avatar
 
Join Date: 14th August 2009
Location: Windsor GB
Posts: 49
Thanks: 4
Thanked 2 Times in 2 Posts
iTrader: (1)
Ah, that makes more sense now. If I've been quoted for the aftermarket version - which is essentially the Parrot CK3000 - then that's a complete farce as 60 vs 350 is a joke. If it's the integrated on, then that makes more sense as I'm assuming that's the one with the steering wheel controls, but it's still a shame that it's not integrated to the display.

Poor move Honda.

Thanks for your reply, I need this done in the next couple days so I'm looking to get something sorted tomorrow.

Edit: When I say 'done', I'll be doing it myself (most of the dash is still off from a tidy soldered sat-nav install and a Dice ipod connector, so it shouldn't be too much trouble for me)
jraward is offline  
post #7 of 8 (permalink) Old 30th December 2009, 01:55
FWH
Supporter
 
FWH's Avatar
 
Car: MX-5, C6 Vette & MB S212
Join Date: 3rd June 2007
Location: Where Polar Bears roam the streets SE
Posts: 22,623
Thanks: 558
Thanked 1,029 Times in 772 Posts
iTrader: (1)
Quote:
Originally Posted by jraward View Post
Ah, that makes more sense now. If I've been quoted for the aftermarket version - which is essentially the Parrot CK3000 - then that's a complete farce as 60 vs 350 is a joke. If it's the integrated on, then that makes more sense as I'm assuming that's the one with the steering wheel controls, but it's still a shame that it's not integrated to the display.

Poor move Honda.

Thanks for your reply, I need this done in the next couple days so I'm looking to get something sorted tomorrow.

Edit: When I say 'done', I'll be doing it myself (most of the dash is still off from a tidy soldered sat-nav install and a Dice ipod connector, so it shouldn't be too much trouble for me)
It won't be the integrated one which has been quoted.



FWH is offline  
post #8 of 8 (permalink) Old 30th December 2009, 03:20 Thread Starter
** Thread starter **
 
jraward's Avatar
 
Join Date: 14th August 2009
Location: Windsor GB
Posts: 49
Thanks: 4
Thanked 2 Times in 2 Posts
iTrader: (1)
In that case that's preposterous! Looks like I'll be having some fun with screwdrivers tomorrow then

thanks again
jraward is offline  
Reply

  Civinfo > 8th Generation Euro Honda Civic (2006 - 2011) > Electronics (8G)

Quick Reply
Message:
Options

Register Now



In order to be able to post messages on the Civinfo forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
Your User Name is the name that appears by all your posts on the forum, and so should not be your email address.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:


Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in










Thread Tools
Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page



Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Brakes Its official Honda brakes are cr*p warriorpete Wheels, Tyres, Suspension and Brakes (8G) 19 27th April 2009 15:54
HID Aftermarket HID lights installed! sparda_gm Lights (8G) 56 24th January 2009 10:16
Which spec Civic EX vs ES with aftermarket bluetooth and nav ianjoyner Buying, Dealers and Servicing 2 7th February 2008 14:26
AUX in Official Honda iPod Link - 225 (335 for EX?!) basegreen Ipods, MP3 Players and ICE (8G) 150 16th May 2007 22:11

Posting Rules  
You may post new threads
You may post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On

 
For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome