Satnav where is mic for satnav hands free - Civinfo

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 12 (permalink) Old 4th January 2010, 20:18 Thread Starter

where is mic for satnav hands free

Hi again,

well I sent out hubby to look at my mic tonight for my hands free in my 59 plate 2.2 es, after 2 minutes he was back in saying the mic wasn't in the roof panel like the cars with the HFT on the steering wheel.. Mine has no HFT controls on the wheel it's just bluetooth through the satnav... not sure what model satnav.head unit or if it's just a standard model I have fitted but I was wondering where the mic is located as the reception is terrible and nobody can hear me in the car. hubby has tried to alter the mic settings in the satnav menu but this doesn't seem to do a thing..he has just been outside into the car and called me from my phone and allthough I can hear him, he's really muffled and that's with the car not moving..

Just wondered if it's a common thing on this satnav blutooth set up as with the HFT kits.

I guess it is looking like a parrot kit..

Thanks Sam
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 12 (permalink) Old 4th January 2010, 21:04
Supporter

Car: 2014 1.6 i-Dtec SR, Red
Is the Sat Nav built into the car and if so is it a touch screen unit?
post #3 of 12 (permalink) Old 4th January 2010, 21:36
Banned

Car: 59 Championship White
High sam.
If it's factory fit ie: built in then the mic is built within the light switch cluster for the internal lights.
It's behind the piece with the thin slots , mine is any way.
Cheers
John G

post #4 of 12 (permalink) Old 4th January 2010, 21:39

My mic is next to the reading lights on the roof
post #5 of 12 (permalink) Old 4th January 2010, 22:04
Jayne here too!!

Car: 2010 Type R GT
If its bluetooth will it be a honda factory fit?
post #6 of 12 (permalink) Old 4th January 2010, 22:19 Thread Starter
** Thread starter **

yes it's the Honda factory fit one and is touch screen, it connects everytime with my mobile when I get in the car, and I've transferred al my phone book over etc the touch screen works fine, but doesn't have voice dialing option.. the only issue is with the reception, I can hear people crystal clear through the car speakers, but people cant hear me, and I called my friend with the identical set up in their civic and I had to pull over and call them when they had stopped driving it was that bad to hear them..

Hubby thought it may be in the roof panel with the interior lights like the HFT set up but it's just blanked off, so I'm wondering if it's built into the headunit or something silly.. just trying to get as much info so I can pass it on to Honda as it's just un usable at the minute.

what are the chances of it being phone related. mine is and old work nokia.

Thanks again for the help Sam
post #7 of 12 (permalink) Old 4th January 2010, 22:31
Jayne here too!!

Car: 2010 Type R GT
i doubt it will be phone related, if it was a poor signal u would both get the crackle! x
post #8 of 12 (permalink) Old 4th January 2010, 22:33

Make sure the air blower isn't on when you make a call, the air rushing over the mic ruins thes sound
post #9 of 12 (permalink) Old 29th January 2010, 21:55 Thread Starter
** Thread starter **

well it appears it is just behind the steering wheel on the LHS,looks built in behind dashboard, car has been into the dealers today and told me that they need to order a part in( probably some more foam)lol..
post #10 of 12 (permalink) Old 29th January 2010, 22:22
Supporter

Car: 2007 1.8 EX Red
Quote:
Originally Posted by sam3115 View Post
well it appears it is just behind the steering wheel on the LHS,looks built in behind dashboard, car has been into the dealers today and told me that they need to order a part in( probably some more foam)lol..
No it's up in the roof by the front reading lights.
post #11 of 12 (permalink) Old 30th January 2010, 19:46 Thread Starter
** Thread starter **

no hubby checked up in the roof but it's not the HFT off the steering wheel model, or the A pillar model, it is via the honda satnav head unit and the mic is just behind the steering wheel, on the cowel up near the heater temp/fan speed controls..

Honda say it's a dash off job to get to the part they are replacing or adapting, so it's going in next tuesday for a couple of days. I'll get hubby to take a piccie of where the mic is on this version.

Sam
post #12 of 12 (permalink) Old 12th March 2010, 23:08 Thread Starter
** Thread starter **

well to cut a long story short,the guy who deals with our company cars had to call Honda and tell them that if there isn't a fix ASAP he would cancel the order for the remaining civic cars he had ordered to replace our vectras.

Honda within the week said they were trying to sort out a fix for this model, then hey presto I dropped the car off the other day for them to do the fix only to be called after they had removed the part of the dashboard that the mic wires were far too short to relocate the mic, so the car is in bits as we wait for the extension cable to be sent over from Belgium.

This is the first model they have done like this so they are using may car as a test bed so they can they get some labour times for all other cars when they get their fix.

So all being well, I should get the car back saturday should the lead have arrived.

Why oh why couldn't they leave the mic in the roof panel as they knew this problem could be fixed easily and cheaply

Civinfo > 8th Generation Euro Honda Civic (2006 - 2011) > Electronics (8G)

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Civinfo forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
Your User Name is the name that appears by all your posts on the forum, and so should not be your email address.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page